So y%E2%80%99all do absolute nothing about campers%3F%3F They ruined the game period.

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Highlighted

Leekbuckets1
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hey, my friend, I appreciate your response to what I posted, and you have served as a perfect example as to how these forums should work. You explained a problem you were experiencing, and you actually took the time to read, and think about, what was said. That's the same thing I do with every single post here.

Initially, I was afraid to post my reply, for fear you would take it the wrong way. Unfortunately, too many times when responding to a topic like this, the poster just wants a bunch of others to agree with them. So, when I post an alternative view of the situation, I (and most others here) am greeted by a bunch of name calling, and mindless accusations that, becaise I simply see things differently, or disagree with an OP, I  must be "one of them." Especially when the topic turns to quickscoping, lol. For the most part, especially here on the forums, the art of conversation has been lost, in favor of the art of berating opposing views, and that's kind of sad. It only leads to more fighting amongst ourselves, when, as a community, we should be focusing on becoming more of a cohesive unit.

Again, I truly, truly respect you for coming back and reading my long arse post (it's just what I do, lol), and accepting the fact that it helps to look at things from all sides. Seeing your a fellow anxiety sufferer hit home with me, as it is a large reason, I believe, that I sometimes play worse than I am. I can't stand around and wait for the enemy. I am always, always pushing, and looking for the enemy (except in Dom. I will never push past B flag), and forcing the action. A lot of times, it works. Sometimes, though, I end up eating a mesh-mine sandwhich, which always sucks, but I keep doing it. Even running Engineer would help, but, I continue to run scavenger match after match.

Anyway, thank you for not turning this into a fight, as it could have easily gone sideways, quickly. You're good in my book, and I welcome you to the forums. It'd be nice if you stuck around, as I believe it would promote more open-ended conversations, while cutting down on the "I'm right, you're wrong, and screw you if you don't agree" posts that are far too common here. I appreciate you having the maturity to admit that your initial post failed to consider that some folks may not have a choice in their playstyle, so I'm dropping a "kudo' on your reply.

Thanks, again.

mygamertagsucks Level 75
19 REPLIES 19

What happened? A camper knock you off your streak? It's a playstyle, and there's nothing wrong with it. Learn how to better attack someone you know to be camping 

mygamertagsucks Level 75

So sitting in a corner waiting for someone to run past is a play style? Had no idea. Nah I didn’t get knocked off at all it’s just terrible every lobby I hop in is filled with campers. If it’s that deep to camp go to Domination. 

Leekbuckets1
Yep, choosing to stay in one place is a play style.

Maybe they should penalize people that don't stop moving. They're annoying to some players, so that would be ok, right?
the cake is a lie. the cake is a lie. the cake is a LIE.
Q39ESM Level 75

So someone running around in a Run and Gun game is annoying? I repeat go play domination if that’s your rebuttal. The scum lays prone in doorways and shoots anything moving teammates and all 🤣🤣 but that’s play style right?

Leekbuckets1
RnGers could be annoying to someone that doesn't consider it a play style. CoD isn't a "run and gun game", it's a first person shooter.

They paid for their game like you did for yours. You play like you want and let them play like they want. Unless you're ok with others deciding whether your play style should be "dealt with" by the devs?
the cake is a lie. the cake is a lie. the cake is a LIE.
Q39ESM Level 75

I very rarely run into campers anymore. It's most definitely a play style. It's not my play style because I can't sit still longer than 5 seconds without a panic attack setting in. I get nervous. 

If you get killed by a camper more than once, in the same location, it may be time to reconsider your playstyle. At the very least, your approach to the camper. Try using FMJ rounds to shoot through buildings. Try using the launcher, etc.

Good campers are hard to kill.

mygamertagsucks Level 75

Exactly my anxiety won’t let me sit there waiting for someone. I mean you guys spent your money on this game the same as me it’s just deflating as hell when you’re just trying to play hardcore death match and every single time you move you’re killed by someone laying prone in a corner. I can’t see how you can defend this so called play style it legit ruined cod. 

Leekbuckets1

Honestly, I think you may just be making more of an issue than it is. I play plenty of Hardcore modes, especially HCKC, and campers are never a problem for me. You are completely entitled to your opinion on campers, but the fact is, people camp for various reasons. For example, I know a couple of gamers with limited mobility (they're handicapped, and have issues with spasticity and the ability to move their fingers quickly. Instead of deciding to stop gaming, they found a way to adapt to their disability by utilizing this way of play), and this is the only way they can play. Deep down, do you really think that someone should be excluded from a game they love simply because God gave them an ailment with no cure? They have never, ever, complained about how often they die to rushers- go figure. They're not asking the game to adapt to them, yet I see plenty of able bodied players have the audacity to suggest camping be removed from the game. I'm not attacking you, but people who make this claim make me sick. It's indicative of this, "entitled" mindset that is running rampant everywhere. You knew there were people who camped in CoD, right? Why is it now a big issue? I guarantee you, where a player can camp, an attacking player has more than one way to reach the camping player. 

Seriously, what "ruined" CoD is a debate for another topic at another time. Rest assured, it's not campers. If you're always being killed by campers, take that as a sign that you need to slow down a bit. 

mygamertagsucks Level 75

This reply right here shined a light on this situation. I never even thought about that AT ALL and that’s quite selfish. I’m not saying they should be excluded but as far as someone prone ads in one direction with multiple teammates camping with them. Idk man it’s quite deflating but I see exactly where you’re coming from and I appreciate you giving me thre realest response without this turning into a yelling match. I know I gotta adjust my gameplay when dealing with campers it’s just truly frustrating. I work all the time and when I do play it’s kobbies filled with campers, on my team and everything. Camping for me gives me serious anxiety so I can’t do it bro but I see what you mean tho. 

Leekbuckets1

Studios