So y%E2%80%99all do absolute nothing about campers%3F%3F They ruined the game period.

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

Highlighted

Hey, my friend, I appreciate your response to what I posted, and you have served as a perfect example as to how these forums should work. You explained a problem you were experiencing, and you actually took the time to read, and think about, what was said. That's the same thing I do with every single post here.

Initially, I was afraid to post my reply, for fear you would take it the wrong way. Unfortunately, too many times when responding to a topic like this, the poster just wants a bunch of others to agree with them. So, when I post an alternative view of the situation, I (and most others here) am greeted by a bunch of name calling, and mindless accusations that, becaise I simply see things differently, or disagree with an OP, I  must be "one of them." Especially when the topic turns to quickscoping, lol. For the most part, especially here on the forums, the art of conversation has been lost, in favor of the art of berating opposing views, and that's kind of sad. It only leads to more fighting amongst ourselves, when, as a community, we should be focusing on becoming more of a cohesive unit.

Again, I truly, truly respect you for coming back and reading my long arse post (it's just what I do, lol), and accepting the fact that it helps to look at things from all sides. Seeing your a fellow anxiety sufferer hit home with me, as it is a large reason, I believe, that I sometimes play worse than I am. I can't stand around and wait for the enemy. I am always, always pushing, and looking for the enemy (except in Dom. I will never push past B flag), and forcing the action. A lot of times, it works. Sometimes, though, I end up eating a mesh-mine sandwhich, which always sucks, but I keep doing it. Even running Engineer would help, but, I continue to run scavenger match after match.

Anyway, thank you for not turning this into a fight, as it could have easily gone sideways, quickly. You're good in my book, and I welcome you to the forums. It'd be nice if you stuck around, as I believe it would promote more open-ended conversations, while cutting down on the "I'm right, you're wrong, and screw you if you don't agree" posts that are far too common here. I appreciate you having the maturity to admit that your initial post failed to consider that some folks may not have a choice in their playstyle, so I'm dropping a "kudo' on your reply.

Thanks, again.

mygamertagsucks Level 75

5 seconds Haha squeakers! Love you kids running aimlessly, fun to kill. Where are you guys running to? MP are so small...?  I’m one of those campers who have patience,  but I’m an adult. I’m not hating, like I said I really love on those easy kills. Keep rushing around with no plan or idea! And please run in straight lines out in the wide open! 

SLASHdeepPow

I’m a grown ass man bro rushing is my play style I learn the map and spawn spot and I push popular spots. But I’m past this post. 

Leekbuckets1

It's all good. I don't consider this as hating. BTW, I am an adult as well, further into adulthood than I care to admit, I just have a hard time standing still. Especially if nothing is happening. Even though I rarely get killed by a true camper (someone who seems out one, And only one, spot on the map, and sets up shop there the entire time), I am 100% convinced my stats would be better if I were a little more patient. I wish I put as much effort into being patient as I do trying to out think the enemy. 

I don't run around aimlessly, either. Well, I take that back. I don't usually run around aimlessly. Not on purpose, anyhow. Yet, if I'm on a map that I rarely seem to have come up, or that I've yet to learn where a map's "key" point is located, then, yeah, I can be found wondering aimlessly around the map. Also, to top it off, not only am I aimlessly walking around the map in these situations, I'm doing so while ADS. It doesn't happen often, but it does happen enough for me to say, "hmm, well that was dumb, Josh. What exactly were you trying to accomplish?"

I know that for people who do not actually suffer from something like Panic Disorder, the whole thing sounds strange. I don't blame you for asking questions, and I'm glad I could provide an answer.

Now, for the cherry on top of this shtit cake: I also have ADD(I), meaning I'm in attentive. So, not only do I get killed by a camper if I'm wandering aimlessly, I also pay no attention to the killcam, and hurry up and click through the menu, missing out on where the camper was hiding. Oh well, that's just how traumatic brain injuries tend to go. 

All of that being said, I'd probably still suck at the game without the ADD and Panic Disorder. I'm not afraid to admit as much. What do I care what people think about how I play the game? 

mygamertagsucks Level 75

I camped once, didn't really enjoy it

Rained all night on the tent, hardly got any sleep lying on a hard bumpy grass floor

As others have said, I don't come across too many but they can be annoying

But as said, they can play how they want

I prefer to just run around like a tw@ to be fair

imeach

@imeach wrote:

I camped once, didn't really enjoy it

Rained all night on the tent, hardly got any sleep lying on a hard bumpy grass floor

Such an underrated opening statement in this post. It's a shame the OP won't be back to tell us all how stupid we are for "defending campers. You must be campers. Keep ruining the game." 

mygamertagsucks Level 75

Which style of camping?

The back in a corner camper?

The I don't push further because than I will force a spawnflip camper.

The objectice defence camper

The sniping camper.

The high traffic area ambush camper.

So enough times "camping" is a valit tactic.

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

@dtuchpunk wrote:

Which style of camping?

The sniping camper.

Everyone has their own definition of "camper", but it frequently comes down to "that guy that just killed me".

the cake is a lie. the cake is a lie. the cake is a LIE.
Q39ESM Level 75

Best answer of them all. So true

jrh358

@Q39ESM wrote:

@dtuchpunk wrote:

Which style of camping?

The sniping camper.

Everyone has their own definition of "camper", but it frequently comes down to "that guy that just killed me".

I had a longer list of different "campers".

The player that is capping the B flag camper.

(I got a couple of those during ww2. That I was the camper because I took B back all the time)

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

Studios