What in depth is beta about?

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

I really do not understand what the private beta is about. I wish their was more info on it (in depth).

Advanced_Ranger559
10 REPLIES 10

That you can play is before release. So they can collected data if stuff needs changing

You can't relay on YouTubers etc to tell what is wrong or not. As they are not like the casual gamers

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaS is OP. Green Stars are OP
SaND get's everywhere
dtuchpunk Level 75

Play the game before it's released...probably limited modes, maps, features and weapons...that's about it...

James8421
They really need to include a sp solo mission in the beta so we will have an idea on what is to replace sp campaign this time around.
Snoopy0211

My guess, it will just be MP...I'd be surprised if they even have Blackout...never know though...

James8421

A beta should be all around network drain, where the devs can see how their servers working, and for to see how good or bad connections from all around the globe are working.

I remember WW2 had some testing about network traffic. But I guess they had no clue what to do with the data they collected from those tests. We see it in the game how poor their servers + connections are.

Horrorman Level 75

There is no such thing as beta anymore.. its a marketing gimmick which is why they need to change the name to more of a gimmick each year....

"private beta" a gimmick to sell the soffware using hype and use you for as pre-launch test guinea pig.

Note the terms.. minimum beta has to be is 3 days.. so expect a 3 day pre launch to the game, if you buy now you can get access to the crapstorm that it will be before launch....i dont know of any design studios that can test software in 3 days... so yeah.. its not no beta

CackleTV
Please tell us your qualifications to make such a determination?
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

surely you can have a glimpse of my testing portfolio.. I have tested over 250 AAA games in what was "REAL" beta testing done by the public as well as closed testing firms

Here is just a few you may have heard of

Ultima Online 98

Subspace

Fireteam - the first online multiplayer voice activated network game.

Asherons Call 2

Everquest 2

Homefront (PC)

Horizons

Shadowbane

Lord Of The Rings Online (Won top prize for best best crafter ($50 best buy card)

Not many software since LOTRO had a real beta.... 

Except maybe Heroes of the Storm - Over 3000 matches played in beta

CackleTV
Highlighted
And don't call me Shirley.

But why the negativity? Past Betas have led to changes before release.
"Being Human totally sucks most of the time.

Videogames are the only thing that make life bearable."

-Anorak's Almanac, Chapter 91, Verses 1-2
NiceDrewishFela Level 75

Studios