Why does Blackout have recoil and projectiles?

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

While multiplayer features a host of pinpoint accurate guns and hitscan weapons? The Swordfish has no recoil with just a quickdraw on. God help you if you aren't in close range in Blackout though. Same with LMG's, long range you can't hit a thing, but in multiplayer you can get someone from across the map with the basic gun and no attachments.

 

How is Blackout more balanced than Multiplayer? What happened to them telling us that we'd have to learn the recoil of our guns to master them?

BonFire5
Likes: 23
Posts: 1122
Registered: ‎16-09-2011
11 REPLIES 11

Blackout would not exactly be fair with hitscan sniper rifles. The weapons are simply balanced differently due to the engagement distances.

BertKK
Likes: 436
Posts: 1326
Registered: ‎22-06-2017

@BonFire5 wrote:

While multiplayer features a host of pinpoint accurate guns and hitscan weapons? The Swordfish has no recoil with just a quickdraw on. God help you if you aren't in close range in Blackout though. Same with LMG's, long range you can't hit a thing, but in multiplayer you can get someone from across the map with the basic gun and no attachments.

 

How is Blackout more balanced than Multiplayer? What happened to them telling us that we'd have to learn the recoil of our guns to master them?


So you can't just snipe everyone across the map from the skyscrapers, dam, and lighthouse without leading your targets and accounting for bullet drop

BR0NY2
Likes: 468
Posts: 1531
Registered: ‎25-07-2017

Has no one ever played an open world shooter or even another Royale game? These things are common.

Plus Your picking up mods on the fly so of course you won't have recoil dampeners and stuff. Come on guys..

VorxDargo
Likes: 6
Posts: 108
Registered: ‎18-03-2019
Highlighted
Yeah, looks like no one picked up on this just being a post trashing the lazy balancing the multiplayer side has.
BonFire5
Likes: 23
Posts: 1122
Registered: ‎16-09-2011

@BonFire5 wrote:
Yeah, looks like no one picked up on this just being a post trashing the lazy balancing the multiplayer side has.

Because the only ones who say that are kids who sprey and pray. Believe me as a melee only player there are A LOT of you.

VorxDargo
Likes: 6
Posts: 108
Registered: ‎18-03-2019
I mean, all you need is a good connection and lightweight. Possibly a tomahawk. You bypass the 150 health all together. Unless you're a dedicated melee player and you carry the gun and only use melee, I don't see you as any better than a guy running HCII.
BonFire5
Likes: 23
Posts: 1122
Registered: ‎16-09-2011

@BonFire5 wrote:
I mean, all you need is a good connection and lightweight. Possibly a tomahawk. You bypass the 150 health all together. Unless you're a dedicated melee player and you carry the gun and only use melee, I don't see you as any better than a guy running HCII.

Never said i was.

Melee builds do provide some advantages. On full Ghost style you can take out stuff like turrets and other equipment because if set right they don't see you. Very useful for dogs too.

You also have the most balanced style in the game as you can't just endlessly swing your melee there is a 3-4 second delay between attacks. Not to mention you have to be up close so surprise is your best tool.

VorxDargo
Likes: 6
Posts: 108
Registered: ‎18-03-2019
Fair enough, I mistook you not wanting the game balanced because you run melee as a sign you were on a high horse. That's my bad. I do miss steady aim pro from the first Black Ops. Faster knife recovery time plus ADS after sprint. It was good.
BonFire5
Likes: 23
Posts: 1122
Registered: ‎16-09-2011

@BonFire5 wrote:
Fair enough, I mistook you not wanting the game balanced because you run melee as a sign you were on a high horse. That's my bad. I do miss steady aim pro from the first Black Ops. Faster knife recovery time plus ADS after sprint. It was good.

I actually like the delay on the melee weapons, in BO3 melee was very very fast reaction. I actually started melee builds there with the Boxing Gloves and without much delay you could out rank gun users.

With the delay your at a slight disadvantage but you can also surprise the enemy unlike gun people since you leave no bullet sounds. They have to play off the kill icons which most people don't.

VorxDargo
Likes: 6
Posts: 108
Registered: ‎18-03-2019

Studios