Wow what a difference a new controller makes

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 General Discussion Forum

My old controller i thought was ok i have had it for 5 years and it was in good working order . I had noticed on the home screen the cursor would pull down and right haha just thoight it was another bug in bo4 . Two weeks ago though it bit the dust and died so ordered a new one , bog standard xbox wireless controller not a scuff blah blah and wow wht a freaking difference it plays like a completely different game i switched my tv to game mode on the AV mode to and seriously was as smooth as butter the old controller was making my game terrible. Plus maybe the games MMS gave me some good lobbies as id been away for 2 weeks haha 

randomnade76
6 REPLIES 6

To be honest I would have bought a controller with paddles right away. Or get the FPS dominator or something.

I find it makes such a massive difference, there is just moves that you simply can't perform with a standard controller.

BertKK

I personally refuse to play with any controller that is not wired. I know a long time back, ps4 went to wireless only controllers, so my idiot self went out a and bought that Nacon controller, with programmable back buttons; great controller and unlimited customization capabilities, but it's thumbsticks are placed like an Xbox one controller, and I can't get used to it. I could program the dead zone, making the sticks more responsive, and it has four back buttons that are programmable to do anything any of the other buttons could do. My favorite was to program L3 (sprint) to a back button, and it truly did give me a super advantage the few times I actually used it in a match.

Then, my bed collapsed while I was cleaning my closet, and destroyed the left thumbstick. Lesson learned: don't put everything in your closet on your bed- bad things will happen. 

mygamertagsucks Level 75

It's weird but on the standard DS4 controllers using the wired option offers no advantage, there have actually been reports that they had more input lag in wired mode. You can look up a video on Youtube by Scump about this.

The Nacon controllers have a lotof quality issues as well as far as I have been told by friends.

I have a number of home built controllers who do fine but I have played with a Scuf Impact since BO4 and that is by far the best controller I have used. But the downside is that they have regular DS4 parts inside so they are also sharing the rapid wear together with the DS4 controllers.

BertKK

I think the main reason I still use a wired connection is for the placebo effect it offers. However, now that you mention it, I can recall numerous times, only in this game though, where I'd be in a gunfight, only to have my gun seemingly "jam". That, and my controller seems to have a mind of its own at random times, causing my player to turn left or right.

Like you, all of my controllers, save for the Nacon, have been custom modified so as to remap buttons to the back of my controller. I refuse to pay the Scuf asking price. I can only imagine how happy they were during the "jetpack" CoDs. AW was the closest I came to ordering a Scuf, but I found a $10 remap board, and have been using them ever since. It frustrates me that the cost of the board, plus a package of tactile switches and 20g wire will run you approximately $15, yet Scuf has the nerve to ask 139 for a base model? Get out of here with that mess. 

mygamertagsucks Level 75

The reason I bought a scuf is that the removable sticks make it servicable. I find that sprint starts malfunctioning every 3-4 months and you have to open up the controller and spray the contacts. They wears them out as flatcables etc also get damaged. So using the removable sticks seemed a good option on paper.

But now I have the issue with it the other way around that L3 is sticking and I want to replace the entire mainboard, but the dreaded security screw is givng me headaches.

I find 4 paddles plays very well though with jumping, sliding and melee.

BertKK
Highlighted

Yep, I had aiming trouble with BO2 that I was convinced had to do with the game. Nope... it was my controller. Smiley Very Happy

iHattoriHanzo0 Level 75

Studios