Blackout beta just doesn't start [Safe mode error] [PC]

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 PC

I played the multiplayer beta without any issues.

But while playing black out the game does not start. When i hit the play button in battle net client it shows the game running and a pop up comes "Last time the game was not properly closed, do you want to launch in safe mode?" and then it vanishes so quickly before clicking and the play button in battle.net becomes active again.

I tried to go to the game installation folder and ran the bo4.exe with admin rights. Now sometimes the pop up error msg stays, but clicking either yes or no does not solve the issue. a black screen comes and closes.

So far i have done the following things -

1) Reinstall battle.net

2) Scan and repair the game

3) Uninstall and reinstall the game

4) open battle.net with admin rights

5) Install the game in different directory

6) Update my graphic driver

Please help. Actually its not only me, there are many many people reporting the same in reddit and other forums. 

SickCaeser
62 REPLIES 62

I do have the exact same issue. I haven't played the other beta but I've tried everything you listed. I've also put the game and Battle.Net on the exception list in my Anti Virus program. It still won't start...

maXimum7777
ok so I've shut down Steam and now I'm able to start the game and get into main menu. The game crashes after a few seconds.....
maXimum7777

Steam is closed in my system but no luck

SickCaeser

I don't know dude. I'm having the same issue myself. Had the same issue in the mp beta. The game started up the first time and got to the menus and got into a game, then it crashed with no error. Started it again, got the safe mode message and clicked no, crashed immediately. Restarted and disabled all startup programs, the game started and i played about 3 mins of a match and it crashed again. Now I see the intro video, but it's slow then speeds up and crashes. The sound is fine during the intro.
Doubt there's going to be a fix when we can't send error codes because we don't receive one. Been trying to fix it for hours.

My PC: 1080 ti, i5 7500, 16gb ram

PCPro-ish

Me too trying to solve this for hours. Please let us know if anyone finds any solution.

SickCaeser

I just don’t understand. Why should have to buy these game if only on beginning are some problems. I have cloused steam , deleted client nothing. The same *****..But I really wanna play like all of us..I have good notebook for good price 1500 euro .I don’t  think that problem with nout.Maybe some one can help ...333.jpg.

kaldyn

i have this exact issue and ive tried everything, this cannot be from my side at all idk whats going on

unkwn___

The scary part is we can not report this error. And I heard this error was there before for few other cod titles and not got fixed. I have no idea what to do now.

SickCaeser
Having the same issue here. Just googled it and came to this page.

So frustrating, was looking forward to trying the beta.
huntergratzner

Studios