Call of Duty Black Ops 4 PC

Hey Treyarch, it would be cool to play w/& against PC players. Let's face it, COD's playercount these days are down. Cross-play between PC players & console players would boost in game playercount & playlist activity. This would make it to where there would be no dead playlists since there will be a lot of players on both platforms who want to play. This would give better matchmaking times as well. Fornite does this (I know I keep asking for things from Fornite, but Fortnite is kicking your ass in terms of content, fun, & replayability). I don't mind going up against PC players. Just because they have a keyboard, doesn't mean they are any better than a controller player. Plus, controller players have an unfair advantage: Aim Assist. PC players have to ACTUALLY AIM (LOL) unlike controller players.

E_R4G4
8 REPLIES 8

I barely doubt there will be cross play.

Horrorman Level 75

Prolly not, if so make it a toogleable option for console pimps. 

@E_R4G4 wrote:

Hey Treyarch, it would be cool to play w/& against PC players. Let's face it, COD's playercount these days are down. Cross-play between PC players & console players would boost in game playercount & playlist activity. This would make it to where there would be no dead playlists since there will be a lot of players on both platforms who want to play.

SpazzMT
This would be a game-changer and very good thing. I strongly support the idea. Making it optional to join consoles (and even controllers on PC) would address any complaints about fair play. PC gamers already face off against controllers willingly (perhaps begrudgingly). PC has a relatively tiny playerbase, launching with just 2% of the market and that dwindles fast, especially once DLC splits us up.
aquaeatrae

They barely get these games to work properly on PC let alone cross platform.

UkOldGit#2375502
in reply to UkOldGit#2375502

From what I have read probably not, as the game for consoles will be slightly different to the PC release.

Deleted User

As being someone that has played PC Black Ops games on PC (steam) I would say immediately you don't want that since all the cheating happening BUT since BO4 is on Battle.Net this time it might not be a bad idea.

seiun-I

It's EXCLUSIVE on battle.net there is NOT going to be any cross play from PC.

CackleTV
Highlighted

@E_R4G4 wrote:

Hey Treyarch, it would be cool to play w/& against PC players. Let's face it, COD's playercount these days are down. Cross-play between PC players & console players would boost in game playercount & playlist activity. This would make it to where there would be no dead playlists since there will be a lot of players on both platforms who want to play. This would give better matchmaking times as well. Fornite does this (I know I keep asking for things from Fornite, but Fortnite is kicking your ass in terms of content, fun, & replayability). I don't mind going up against PC players. Just because they have a keyboard, doesn't mean they are any better than a controller player. Plus, controller players have an unfair advantage: Aim Assist. PC players have to ACTUALLY AIM (LOL) unlike controller players.

There are controllers on PC as well with aim assist but ultimately I doubt this will happen although it would be nice and they have my vote. PC supports higher end graphics and often has additional features on maps consoles don't due to limitations of hardware. Today's PC hardware is the Alpha test for the next gen consoles of tomorrow. After all, a console is nothing more than a compact computer running on a proprietary operating system. There is usually a four year gap difference although that may be closing from what I have read with the next gen console releasing. I don't know if CoD is planning any map variations for PC, but they are planning differences which may make cross-platform impossible. 

Volt615

Studios