First Impressions - 1.14 Update

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 PC

First, there are a lot of complaints about the updated Hit Detection and I'm one of them .. it's worse in the 30 ms - 75 ms ping rates. The type in e.g. Graphics settings is too small, it was fine before and stuff like that, that actually "works' leave it alone there are by far too many other quirks. Teammate Collision .. NO ONE likes it, revert to whatever it was about a week ago. All I play is Hardcore and who's idea was it to say "You have been kicked..." when it's not anyone but the player that can NOT see it. It's confusing. Try "JohnDoe has been kicked" .. that's it .. we don't need nor do we ant to see two lines of stuff flying across the screen.

Oh BTW .. I guess any part of the St. Patrick .. we weren't worthy enough. I personally was looking forward to the St Patrick's Stockpile game mode.

LOL 9 GB update for what exactly?! DLC 3 isn't due for a long time so, guessing here 8.9 GB for Balckout and 0.1 GB for MP.

Momba1
6 REPLIES 6

Sounds like you are now suffering the issues that many have had from the start!

Works fine here.

ukoldgit

Hit Registration / Detection aka Lag Compensation breaks down outside of 20 ms ~ 100 ms so and quite frankly adjusting or attempting to adjust outside that range might help 1 player but the 11 others are harmed. There's nothing new here other than the .. Prior Compensation was overall better.

Hardcore is 1 maybe 2 shots and your'e done. I'm playing with a gun that I probably have 20K kills using. If it were just me then I'd chalk it up to lost packets or some Router issue on my end.

Overall I played okay but I had 2-3 games where I was terrible and it was because I was losing gunfights from positions I hadn't lost before with the same gun, attachments, etc. Unless the SWAT got a Nerf that I'm not aware of .. it's a Lag Compensation problem. Sounding repetitive I wasn't the only one complaining. 

Momba1

My only complaint is you cannot find a lobby 75-80% of the day. Black Out needs to be made free.

Btw. The Swat was nerfed, 2 updates ago now.

InfDaMarvel

@Momba1 wrote:

Hit Registration / Detection aka Lag Compensation breaks down outside of 20 ms ~ 100 ms so and quite frankly adjusting or attempting to adjust outside that range might help 1 player but the 11 others are harmed. There's nothing new here other than the .. Prior Compensation was overall better.

Hardcore is 1 maybe 2 shots and your'e done. I'm playing with a gun that I probably have 20K kills using. If it were just me then I'd chalk it up to lost packets or some Router issue on my end.

Overall I played okay but I had 2-3 games where I was terrible and it was because I was losing gunfights from positions I hadn't lost before with the same gun, attachments, etc. Unless the SWAT got a Nerf that I'm not aware of .. it's a Lag Compensation problem. Sounding repetitive I wasn't the only one complaining. 

It's funny you're suffering what loads have complained about for ages and you reckoned it was because they had a crap PC. Maybe upgrade your PC .lol

You now get to enjoy what caused lots of people to stop playing.

ukoldgit

@ukoldgit wrote:

@Momba1 wrote:

It's funny you're suffering what loads have complained about for ages and you reckoned it was because they had a crap PC. Maybe upgrade your PC .lol

You now get to enjoy what caused lots of people to stop playing.

It's not that bad, it's just fractional worse Lag Comp than the prior patch which was actually pretty good. If the SWAT was adjusted or nerfed then it would have made sense. https://www.reddit.com/r/Blackops4/comments/b2oosw/march_18_update_pc_114_update_player_collision/

Most people complaining about Lag Comp don't know what they're talking about. They don't play enough to make good judgement calls or a valid understanding. Hardcore magnifies a problem substantially, 1 shot represents everything and most engagements are 200-300 ms between identification and first shot. Hardcore is pure reaction time. 

My observations are the camera is a little off, at a distance that translates to just a few millimeters on your screen to a moving Target and then getting a White hit detection marker where should have been a Red one of a kill.

The graphics also have changed where it's possible the render delay could be the root problem. 

Treyarch simulates lag when testing which is slightly different than the Variable lag (pings) we all experience in actual play.

Momba1
I gave up on this game, they have shown for months now that they just dont care about the pc platform. atleast i got to 10th before they started ruining the game with these crazy patches... division 2 here i come.
SlammedCbrr

Studios