I can not change my nat type from moderate to open

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 PC

Hello,

I watched already youtube videos that showed how to open/change your nat typ (open ports) but it didn't worked for me.

I went on the speedport hybrid configuration site and changed the tcp and udp port's. Now there is the notification port notification active.

So I started my game and still my nat type is moderate. It take ages for me to find a lobby and blackout I don't even find a lobby in 5 min +.

bo4.PNG

Might turning off the firewall could change something?

What else could I try I never had to change my port's in the past.

Thanks for every answer.

Have a nice weekend!

UPDATE!!!

That's how it worked for me. Now my nat type is open

that's how it worked for me.PNG

Still I can't find a blackout solo lobby besides I search with a friend. Zombie is kinda working but also slowly and in multiplayer I only find team deathmatch and kill confirmed...

iSkyLeX
13 REPLIES 13

yeah, same problem all the time....lucky NAT is only in middle status -as limited, not closed...

i make soon several test & changes where is the problem:

1. change my default INP router (*****ty funbox2.0 sagemcom) into most pro on the market ASUS DSL-AC88U:

https://www.asus.com/pl/Networking/DSL-AC88U/ and try to config TCP/UDP ports again and more settings.

2. Im looking for my INP for some solutions, probably i change my home internet into DSL with static IP, they also help to config network.

3. if nothing change , it will be all mistakes onto activision/treyarch servers, and i try to writing them for be fair for players whos spending lot of money for their products.

cptspaulding#8132101

First, for an Open NAT you can only have one (1) DHCP device and one (1) PC or console connection to a game Server and the PC and or Console must have a static IP address. In addition, ideally you want the Static IP address outside the range of your Router's DHCP range. 

Meaning if you have more than your one (1) PC connected to a gaming Server then you're going to have a Moderate NAT. Further, if you have ANY other device between your ISP connection to your ASUS e.g. "modem/Router" or "ISP Router" then chances are you have multiple DHCP servers.

There are two methods to obtaining an Open NAT to your Static IP PC: 1. Open required ports or 2. DMZ Host. Further, if e.g. your Router's DHCP server is 192.168.1.1 with a DHCP range of 192.168.1.2~192.168.1.100 then set the PC Static IP address to a free IP address 192.168.1.101~192.168.1.255; example in the PC set to 192.168.1.150. In Windows and your PC you must set a Static IP address, you can't have your PC accept a DHCP address, it must be fixed.

Option 2 DMZ Host, set your ASUS Router / DMZ Host to 192.168.1.150 and you're done. 

Option 1 open ports, this first link is for your PC required ports linked to you PC's 192.168.1.150 static IP address. Use the ports listed and then look up your Router using the site's info on your router. https://portforward.com/call-of-duty-black-ops-iiii/

Here's Activision's ports for a double check. 

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Ports-Used-for-Call-of-Duty-Games/

Momba1

thanks for advice, idea of IP & DHCP -going out of range with IP is interesting. 

I try to set all like Your`s advice, and still get NAT-moderate. Can You help me what i miss or doing wrong? thanks:

win7x64_router_sagecom_funbox20.jpg

cptspaulding#8132101

i tried also with turned of firewalls, by default i set also same TCP/UDP exeptions on windows-firewall. Always NAT-moderate...

cptspaulding#8132101

Here's the guide for your ASUS Router https://portforward.com/asus/rt-ac88u/

Moderate NAT certainly is fine for playing the game, you only need Open to Host friends and for Parties. 

In addition, if you have a separate Firewall running on your PC try disabling it. You'll need to fully quit the Game and Battlenet to experience any NAT changes.

Momba1

i know, there is exact problem with playing my friends...i can only join to someone ://

sorry for bad quality link here, upload mayby someone find it usefull also:

https://imgur.com/OFZq5bn

just for sure- idea of this IP settings i`ve done it correctly ?

yes, i try all- also open incoming/outgoing connections tcp/udp on my firewall, i also disable all permamently for game.

of corse restart battlenet & game, also router-save and reset after any changes.

its just stuck with NAT moderate, thats why im a bit after theory its something else behind my INP provider and game servers....

cptspaulding#8132101
Highlighted

The item you labeled as "Router DNS" is to a server that converts e.g. Google.com into a workable IP address. The "NAT Ports" must be forwarded to your PCs IP address e.g. 192.168.1.151. Next you want to use either DMZ Host (192.168.1.151) or Port Forwarding .. not both. The porting looks correct. 

Momba1
ok so on my windows adress network i set DNS on google 8:8:8:8 / 8:8:4:4 , yes i dodnt use DMZ with my ip when i forward ports the same time. DMZ its too risky with firewalls off, many attacks.
cptspaulding#8132101

Never said "turn-off all your Firewalls" with DMZ Host, but if you're actually being attacked, assuming some AV is identifying a real attack, then you're kidding yourself if you feel your cheap consumer grade Router is actually blocking real attacks. It also means your Router, Network devices (printers, Cams, Phones, tablets, etc), other PCs, etc are being bombarded by the same attacks regardless. Also, actual attacks to your PC with or without a Firewall means 100% that your PC is compromised with malware, Trojans, etc... 

Momba1

Studios