Call of Duty Black Ops 4 PC

fix the lag compensation on pc and console! i played some games, with people with ping above 100. they see me much earlier. get rid of the lag compensation, and make a ping limit. kick people from the game when the ping is to high. just make it like the old days. dont punish the good connections. also ban the cheaters aswell. the lag compensation on ps4 is even worse. most people play with wifi. just forbid wifi in ur game code! i contacted psn to forbid wifi gaming, but they wont listen! they are idiots!

kind regards

pvg103
10 REPLIES 10

It's not the Player's choice to have higher pings, WiFi connections are unstable with lost packets but their pings aren't the problem just the teleporting from lost packets. The problem is Balancing pulls players into the Region verses first being sorted by proximity to a Server.

US playerbase, there are three (that I know of) server locations. I'm in Florida when I'm connected to the East coast server my ping is 35-45 ms. However, when I'm pulled into the California server it's 65-75 ms, but the Washington state it's 100+ ms. 

I have a direct wired connection with a Fibre ISP and it's asinine when I hear in game comments about my 100+ ping especially when my ISP and connection is in reality exceptional. 

Momba1

I agree, I see people intentionally throttling their connections at times to gain an in-game advantage.

I'm not saying those with high PING should get kicked out the lobby, but I do think they should be put in the sam lobby together so that they're only allowed to play with other players who also have bad PING.

PC is unplayable at times due to the stuttering and lagging that the packet loss causes for these players with rubbish connections

Spoonman1

@Spoonman1 wrote:

I agree, I see people intentionally throttling their connections at times to gain an in-game advantage.

That has got to be the most wrong thing I can recall ever reading about Lag Comp. There's absolutely no advantage to those with high laggy pings. Throttling would limit your bandwidth and a game typically uses 1 Mbps or less. So dropping it below that threshold would make the game unplayable to the player. 

My observations are least Lag Comp AKA ideal connection is between 50-70 ms, those less than 40 ms and those above 90 ms are at a disadvantage. Teleporters can sometimes have a temporary advantage and ditto a temporary disadvantage from packet loss. 

Again, the problem is Regional Sorting over Ping Sorting at least in Regions with multiple server locations. The players unless they have a router similar to a netduma have ZERO CHOICE. 

... I own a Data Center. 

Momba1

@Momba1 wrote:

@Spoonman1 wrote:

There's absolutely no advantage to those with high laggy pings.

... I own a Data Center. 

You own a data center but have never heard of lag switching huh?

-TR-Deadric

@-TR-Deadric wrote:

@Momba1 wrote:

@Spoonman1 wrote:

There's absolutely no advantage to those with high laggy pings.

... I own a Data Center. 

You own a data center but have never heard of lag switching huh?

Lag Switches only work with P2P and if you're the Host. Lag switches don't work with dedicated servers.

Momba1

Not sure why my comment was deleted so I'll just repost it....

PUBG and League of Legends both use dedicated servers and both had to combat lag switch users. It can happen on dedi's that arent up to snuff.

-TR-Deadric

You'd just Lag out yourself with a Lag Switch on Dedicated Servers. To affect "other people" on a Dedicated Server you'd need enough bandwidth to DDoS the Server. Further, any Server you'd use would be local to your country or region, and you'd get caught, possibly fined and more than likely banned from your ISP.

A Lag Switch ONLY affects YOUR packets on a Dedicated Server. Further, if your Ping for whatever reason becomes unstable most AAA titles will either kick you or penalize you by essentially deactivating your lag comp so it doesn't affect the other players.

Again, a Lag Switch only works in P2P and if you're Host.

Momba1

@Momba1 wrote:

You'd just Lag out yourself with a Lag Switch on Dedicated Servers. To affect "other people" on a Dedicated Server you'd need enough bandwidth to DDoS the Server. Further, any Server you'd use would be local to your country or region, and you'd get caught, possibly fined and more than likely banned from your ISP.

A Lag Switch ONLY affects YOUR packets on a Dedicated Server. Further, if your Ping for whatever reason becomes unstable most AAA titles will either kick you or penalize you by essentially deactivating your lag comp so it doesn't affect the other players.

You're wrong and there plenty of proof to prove that. You obviously cant do the research for yourself though so have a good day man. GL with that data center you "own". 

-TR-Deadric

@-TR-Deadric wrote:

@Momba1 wrote:

You're wrong and there plenty of proof to prove that. You obviously cant do the research for yourself though so have a good day man. GL with that data center you "own". 

I'm sorry you're confused how data packets work and the obvious differences between P2P and Dedicated Servers. The sole reason I even mention what I do is to make it absolutely clear that your information is incorrect. I can clearly see you're incapable of accepting your theory or information is wrong.

Lag Switches were a problem in the early days of BO2, even now on Console in BO2, and for most of Ghosts on the PC from people with bad intentions Hosting in a P2P (no dedicated servers). 

Momba1

Studios