[MEGATHREAD] PC: Black Ops 4 Game Crashes

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 PC

[SOLVED]

I wanna mention that this is a scenario that applies only to me but I want to share the solution because it's the right thing to do and it might help someone with bits of information.

So as you can see I got the errors randomly (18 out of 20 matches) so I did EVERYTHING (reset bios, reinstall, repair and fix, video driver settings, windows settings, anything you can find on the web) and still no result. So last weekend I decided to strip my PC of all the components, and leave only the bare minimum: Video Card, RAM, and windows (ssd). Uninstall everything (video capture card driver, Asus extra software, nvidia geforce experience, etc) and I started to play the game: 0 ERRORS.

After a few hours I started installing all my favorite software back, one by one) and in || did testing aka playing: 0 ERRORS.
Then I started to add back hardware, into my pc, one by one, installing them: 0 ERRORS UNTIL i added my 2nd NVME ssd. I was in the lobby, waiting for a match to start (BTW I only play Blackout) then this happened:

Oki, so at first I was super happy because I got the "error" to appear and that I knew exactly what was causing it, but I didn't know why. So after a few more tests I decided to go into the BIOS settings and see what the hell was going on (because my ssd is 100% health) with the digital motherboard manual in ||.

So these were my settings:

And I had the 2 NVME ssd's installed like this:

The top one was my windows one, and the bottom one was the "problematic" one.

So I changed the bios settings like this:

...and after that setting my top ssd slot aka M.2_2 was disabled [and that automatically fixed an old issue that I had with the video card running at x8 (just a quick side fix: before https://imgur.com/a/w8f48xn and after: https://imgur.com/a/w8f48xn)] so I took out my other ssd, from the bottom slot aka M.2_1 and replace it with my M.2_2 ssd.

Here are the final BIOS settings:

...and after ~ 24 hours of testing I can tell you that I had 0 ERRORS, the game was running perfectly and I can tell you that my problem IS SOLVED! and no extra settings were needed (except the classic nvidia driver settings, vsync off, maximum refresh rate, etc).

I'm not gonna get into technical mumbo jumbo but it seems that it's NOT ok (in my case) to have 2 nvme ssd's running at the same time (LOL, wtf?...) and expect the game to run flawlessly.

I hope this tutorial will help someone...
RonanN1

My pc specs:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 7 1800x

GPU: Asus ROG Strix GTX1080 A8G

RAM: G.Skill Trident Z RGB 16GB 3200Mhz

MOBO: Asus ROG Crosshair VI Hero

PSU: Corsair RM750x

3x HDD (1 TB, 2TB, 3TB)

1x SSD (250GB) samsung

i had the same issue so here a list what i did:

- reinstalled launcher and installed beta launcher

- run the game & launcher as administrator

- reinstalled black ops 4

- reinstalled and tried on each drive

- reinstalled windows and copy the game over

- reinstalled windows and downloaded black ops 4

- disabled all non-microsoft services

- installed an older version of nvidia drivers

but if you think about it when you reinstall windows and still have the same problem with a clean windows, its not a OS issue anymore, it depending you configuration of your hardware, so here is what i did.

- changed the bios to default

- only the ram is changed in the bios from 3200Mhz -> 2133Mhz

and after this my black ops is't crashing anymore, What i suggest if you run into this problem is, reinstall windows and if that did't help reset your bios settings. (it will save you time instead of re installing stuff or change some settings in your windows)

TwanLuttik

Computer Specifications:

Windows version: Windows 10 v.1903 (build 18362.295)
GPU: GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
GPU Driver Version: 436.15
CPU: Intel Core i9 9900K 
RAM: 32 Gb
Install Location: D:\BattleNET\Call of Duty Black Ops 4
SSD or HDD: Samsung SSD 970 EVO 2TB (SSD) (M.2)
Log or Crash Files: googledisk sorry, never used pastebin =(       

Issue Experienced:

The game starts with the Intro screen, sound starts, then after a second or two the video freezes. An error box pops up. Critical Error. Error Code: 5370868610
Last time I played (a couple of months ago) the game worked fine on the very same PC.

Troubleshooting Attempts:

• Scan & repair game files - YES
  • Update GPU drivers, update Windows - YES 
  • Change page file settings - manual, automatic -
  • Selective startup - disable all non-Microsoft services - YES
  • Uninstall any programs that interfere with GPU - F.Lux, MSI Afterburner - not using any
  • Run standard Battle.net as normal 
  • Run standard Battle.net as administrator - YES
  • Run Beta Battle.net as normal - never used
  • Run Beta Battle.net as administrator - never used

CheshireCAT#2055508

Thanks for taking the time to do all of that and for keeping that fantastically organized format. Could you also try rolling back your GPU drivers to the previous version? Also, please try reinstalling the game as well since you've already gone through the majority of the basic troubleshooting steps with no changes or improvements. 

Go to Activision Aces!
Community Coordinator

Game keeps crashing, fatal error. I want my money back.

Raymond Flagg
isolated1

Studios