Make Blackout a standalone game and free to play

SOLVED

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 PC

I have been recently telling a lot of people about the free to play period of Blackout. A lot of people never heard of this, since they ignore call of duty series entirely and some ignore everything that is not on steam in the first place. So, why not make Blackout a standalone title, available on Steam, free to play, like PUBG or ROE, getting financed only from selling season passes and cosmetics? The game feels a lot better than ROE and PUBG, but it needs a bigger player base. Black Ops 3 had a single player campaign, doable in cooperative mode with a friend, and despite having sold for over 50 million copies, it died. If you go into it at this moment, there are only 500-1000 players world wide, mostly playing single player. What do you think will happen to Black Ops 4 eventualy, if you do not make it free to play? Endless game searching, people will stop trying, bye bye Blackout.  So, turn it into a standalone game already. It doesn't even need to be linked to the name of Call of Duty Black Ops 4 ..... it is a mod that wants to be free! 

Showtyrox
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

Momba1 you live in such a small bubble, you should not talk about what happens in other countries. Europa is not a country ... Smiley Happy))   Anyway why do you worry that hackers will invade north american servers? I don't invite you to think about it, i invite you to simply THINK.  Have a nice life, Momba1!

Meanwhile on humblebundle, Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Battle Edition available. Thank you very much Treyarch/Activision for this bold move!

Showtyrox

Blackout is now listed as standalone on callofduty.com and has Free Access!

https://www.callofduty.com/blackops4/blackout

TELL FRIENDS! Thanks a lot Treyarch/Activision!!!! I would also like to send thanks to this special Potato! I am sure he is behind this move!

Showtyrox
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted

Free-To-Hack games are something that I steer clear of playing. In fact, I'm all for COD on the PC being twice as expensive. If someone's willing to toss away $200 for a few hours of Hacking then at least you know in real life they have some brains. Trolls playing a game no doubt, but successful in real life. 

Games die once they're either replaced with something better, something better and new or for the knuckle-draggers free and good. Battle Royale has seen a saturation point, it has peaked and the interest is sinking like the Titanic. 

I won't touch any Free-To-Play AKA Free-To-Hack unless it has a Component Level Ban; Permanent Banning of the PC's components: CPU, GPU(s), MOBO, NiC, you name it .. effectively making it impossible to setup a new account and recommence their Hacking Endeavors. 

Momba1

You sound so triggered by hackers that you are willing to suggest a system where you also get a finger cut off or something. Free to play games are all around us, its the new trend. Apex Legends, Cuisine Royale, Ring of Elysium, Fortnite, Paladins and so on. These games still have anticheat, some are so invasive that they can ban a player for cheating behavior before he even plays one game (happened in Ring of Elysium). You have missed the point: instead of letting this game die and migrate the whole player base to COD BO5 or MW10 or .... next game, use this one and evolve. Eventualy, if i spend 100 euro on chars and weapon skins it will count more than spending 100 euro on Blackout 2.

Battle Royale games did not reach a saturation point, there are millions of people playing them. You are not even a Blackout player in the first place. Anyway, this is not about what you would touch or not touch, this is about keeping a game alive for the people who have bought it. I do have a huge list of call of duty games that are not playable anymore because there are no more players in them. I would like this game to be alive for years and years. I find it better than PUBG and the rest. This post is a suggestion for the devs of the game, do not waste your time here.

Showtyrox

I'm not "triggered" about anything. I said either make the game expensive or a Component Level Ban. Now if you think that's "cutting a finger off" then maybe it's you that are "triggered."

Look down a few posts where people thought I was hacking "Hacking Vs Hackusations." Or even further where I posted a few videos of one of many repeat Hacking Offenders caught. Example Misha

Obviously weak-minded people want to play free games. That old something for nothing and ignore the consequences kind of thing.

Momba1

I seriously do not care about your posts (all 3053) or hack accusations and i dont know who Misha is. You obviously have an opinion about people you have never met (prejudice), being weak minded and to be honest, internet is full of people that think they know you (they only speak about themselves when trying to be judgemental). Meanwhile, my problem is that i am standing here, waiting for a game to start and it keeps searching and searching and searching. And i have paid for it full price. So go complain about hacks and hackers somewhere else. This game needs a bigger player base at this moment.

We were unable to find you a match at this time.

Showtyrox

If you're waiting for a Blackout game then clearly you're not in North America. It has nothing to do with opinion and after a few thousand posts I'd safely say that it's a less opinion than fact. Bottom-line, Free-to-play on the PC in particular is a bad idea, exactly for the reasons I mentioned.

The sales on PC represents under 7% of the total CoD sales and that number has been steadily dropping year by year.

Both in parts of Europe and China where Cheating was out of control the playerbase has essentially disappeared. It's just a fact. Every single post I or others see "I can't find a game" .. the player isn't in North America or their game files are corrupted.

On the PC Developers either need to make the game very expensive or a radically strong approach towards Cheaters i.e. Component Level Banning which is no different than Consoles. The alternative is a game that's DOA. 

Momba1

With the lack of single player campaign, this game was already more expensive than other Black Ops games. Anyway for americans, they made the Merica!!! jump pack that costs 500 CP. Meanwhile, this game costs half of the price in Russia. I am not russian but i know from a friend.

I do know about regional servers and communities, but since i live in Europe, i guess the player base should not be a problem.

You have an obsession for the cheating phenomenon. Let me break it to you in the easiest way possible. Cheating is in human nature, people will steal other people's accounts and still cheat when given the chance. People with money will do it all the time. Athletes do it also...  You cannot stop the cheating more than anticheating can do. It is not even illegal to cheat in a game, it just goes against some policies and you can have your access removed... that's it.  On the other hand, i strongly believe that cheaters should be SWATed and thrown in jail for life when being caught!

The mega sales period for this game is over... The Blackout mode alone does not qualify as a game worthy of a AAA price. And there are business models on the market about free to play games that actualy make more money to the devs than ever expected. For example: Fortnite.

Go play Ring of Elysium: free to play game where i never meet cheaters!

My suggestion is: Make Blackout Free to Play or RIOT!

Showtyrox

The Russians, Chinese and Germans must have some in ability to play twitch FPS games, they're the top three countries for Cheaters. It's relatively easy to stop Cheaters, you either make the game expensive and ban fast, or the permanence of the PC Ban.

Fortnite, PUBG and others use a Machine ID Ban, but I'm suggesting something with more bite. The alternative in Free-to-Hack games is the Banned Cheater simply setting up a new account and inflicting damage to the integrity of the game. 

Lastly, CoD is especially the same cost for over the past decade and frankly it should by now cost at least 25% more just to keep up with inflation. LMAO and you're complaining!

Momba1

You keep ranting about cheaters and i have asked you to stop already. You are more annoying than wallhackers and aimbotters, so i have reported you to an admin before you start WW3 because of cheaters. Stop trolling my post with your obsession for cheating and hackusations and all this crap. My post is about something that would increase the player base and prevent it from dying, ON PC!

Stop your LMAO and GTFO!

Showtyrox

Studios