Call of Duty Black Ops 4 PC

Highlighted

Very recently, a friend of mine got banned after submitting a video to treyarch exposing a griefer: https://youtu.be/CTaLWjhAUJQ.

In this match, player: [EW]BOGDAN, proceeds to kill: FGL1up4u, several times while on the same team.

Later, my friend, while recording the match on Theater Mode, comes across the following bug: where player: opaulment, apears highlighted in red through out the match.

The submission of the clip resulted in a ban for: FGL1up4u, and no punish what so ever for the griefer: [EW]BOGDAN.

I don't even know where to start..

If you know what is going on tell me please, a valid reason within this video for my friend to get banned, Treyarch.

This is one of the fairest players I ever met on COD, if every player in the world was getting a ban, he would probably be the last!

_DaniSlot_
16 REPLIES 16
in reply to _DaniSlot_
The video is the one in the text
_DaniSlot_
in reply to _DaniSlot_

Happenstance. There's no connection between submitting a video and a ban, you could submit the most egregious aimbotter ever in COD and it will not result in a ban. Treyarch relies on its own internal Anti-Cheat detection. It's too easy to doctor up a name in a video and a "name" is not an actual account.

Therefore, your "friend" was cheating and received Permanent Ban because a cheat was detected. Griefers are rarely banned and if Banned any initial Ban would result in a temporary Ban. Only Griefers with multiple in-game Reports would even be considered for a temporary Ban. The reasoning is quite simple, any two sided exchange (one thing leading to another) is impossible to determine. 

Momba1

That sounds pretty darn good..

But I refuse to believe just because I know my friend

Thank you though

_DaniSlot_

What if his account was hacked, what could he do?

Oh, he also adds "my game is not telling me that I'm banned. It just shows : error. Disconnected from server. That's it. 

I only got the information that I was banned by Activision Support"

Thanks for the help

_DaniSlot_
in reply to _DaniSlot_

You're responsible for the security of your own account, Battle.net offers "Blizzard Authenticator" as a 2-factor authorization (also SMS which I personally don't recommend). If Activision got hacked system wide then they'll cross that bridge.

You (he) can try to reset the cache, reinstall Battle.net and even try to reinstall the game. I'd also clear any overclocking. If possible try the game on a second PC.

https://support.activision.com/articles/en_US/FAQ/Deleting-Old-Files-from-PlayStation-4-and-Xbox-One...

Momba1

Yeah, he didnt got any sms or email.

Thanks a lot!

_DaniSlot_
in reply to _DaniSlot_

You don't get an SMS or Email if you're Banned. Instead I'm referring to another type of two-factor authentication method.

Momba1
in reply to _DaniSlot_
Looks pretty clear in the video why HE got a ban.....
A_WakeSkate
in reply to A_WakeSkate

why?

_DaniSlot_

Studios