Call of Duty Black Ops 4 PC

Today i captured what i pretty much have to deal with in every game i play:

Black Ops 4's Netcode STILL Sucks! How am I expected to track enemy players when they're stuttering all over the place like this? The game's meta on PC is to jump-shot left, right and center which only makes the issue worse This game is absolutely unplayable on PC due to this stuttering.

Someone tell me I'm not te only one ?

Spoonman1
17 REPLIES 17

No, You are NOT the only one experiencing this....you and everyone else who claims to have an awesome PC rig when in reality have a so so setup.....yes please dont respond with you have such and such hardware...heard it all before. Also dont want to hear about the greatest internet speed in the world...because it dont mean crap!

There is such a thing as too much internet speed which causes problems and issues with bufferbloat in your router that came with the package your ISP gave you....

Want near flawless gameplay?....spend a crap ton more money on a quality setup and invest in a real quality router to keep bufferbloat to a minimum while having a quality QoS setup, and if per chance you have the fastest internet connection on the planet....do yourself a favor and reduce your upload speed by 10-15 percent.

Schwacked1

It's not the game nor it's servers or what you believe is netcode. You're dealing with players with: cheap Routers, dropped packets, poor Router set ups including buffer bloat, QoS and various pings. 

I seriously doubt even your Router will score an A+ with DSL Reports http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

Fix your Router then hopefully everyone else will follow.

Momba1

Capture.PNG

My Results ^^

But I think you are missing the point here. This is a constant issue in Black Ops 4 PC in pretty much every lobby whereas in other COD titles such as WWII, it is not even close to being this bad.

I know the devs can't do much about the playerbase's router setups and such, but the fact that this issue is much more prevelant in BO4,combined with the fact that Treyarch titles of the past have always been riddled with poor netcoding leads me to believe that this is not just the fault of the players' connections

Spoonman1

I own a Data Center, the Data Center router's cost a lot more than people's PC's never mind a direct tap into the Internet. Again, the problem are people are using their crap ISP's "free" routers and insane people using WiFi to game. If there's a difference in WWII servers (60 Hz) vs BO4 (60 Hz) then it's imaginary or the lobby's ping / packet loss / etc is crap or you're glorifying WWII servers. Now the problem is what servers you're connected to, example East or West coast. Not to mention people outside of the "regional' areas using a VPN.

In addition, this game is more demanding on a PC, you really need a "High or Ultra" system https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/161495

Every single online MP game has had its "teleporters" and much, much worse than your video...

Momba1

did this guy just say bo4 has 60Hz servers xD HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

isyki

@Momba1 wrote:

It's not the game nor it's servers or what you believe is netcode. You're dealing with players with: cheap Routers, dropped packets, poor Router set ups including buffer bloat, QoS and various pings. 

I seriously doubt even your Router will score an A+ with DSL Reports http://www.dslreports.com/speedtest

Fix your Router then hopefully everyone else will follow.

So until  100% of players have super PC's and super modem/routers this will always be the case.

COD has always been like this where as other games seem ok.

UkOldGit#2375502
in reply to UkOldGit#2375502

You can play but if you're playing against someone with a really good PC with a good QoS optimized Router .. skill per skill .. you're going to lose. 

Consoles to a degree level the playing field, but even there people want the edge and substitute Controllers, Gaming monitors, including questionable XIM's using keyboard and mouse .. in addition to good routers e.g. netduma or similar routers, etc. 

Momba1

@Momba1 wrote:

You can play but if you're playing against someone with a really good PC with a good QoS optimized Router .. skill per skill .. you're going to lose. 

Consoles to a degree level the playing field, but even there people want the edge and substitute Controllers, Gaming monitors, including questionable XIM's using keyboard and mouse .. in addition to good routers e.g. netduma or similar routers, etc. 

So why do consoles to a degree level the playing field if they still play through crap routers, the only thing in common is the console hardware. If a console player has a good QoS optmised router and the rest dont then surely they have an advantage. Lag comp is presumely supposed to account for this.

UkOldGit#2375502
in reply to UkOldGit#2375502

Because the vast majority of Console players don't own a netduma or similar router ($175-$300+),  most don't own a SCUF ($140-$200+), most don't own a XIM with a good mechanical keyboard and gaming mouse ($300+), nor do most own a gaming monitor ($300+) .. not to mention have the intelligence to properly set up a QoS on their Router. 

Today I ran across this information showing the correlation between GPU and KDR .. just like I've told you all along, so to me it was no surprise. 

Momba1

Studios