The game did not shutdown properly , do you want to open in safe mode?

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 PC

Whenever I try to run the game, I am getting this error "The game did not shutdown properly , do you want to open in safe mode?", even if i manage to click on yes or no, because the dialog box dissapears within a second I am not able to run the game. It was working fine till 2 days ago but even after reinstalling battle.net launcher and reinstalling the game multiple times in different drives I am still getting this error. I even tried after closing all the services other than the microsoft services. Is there a solution to this error? Did anyone find a working solution? 

My specs:

i5 3330

GTX1060 6gb EVGA

8gb Ram

W1S4M
2 REPLIES 2

If you updated to 417.71, perform a clean uninstall of the graphics drivers, download the Dec 12 driver from the Nvidia Website, and install that one fresh. Also, make sure you have your Network Card set to “Default Settings” in the device manager. Let me know if that helps. Good Luck.

ElPadrino#5143096
Highlighted

One last thing I forgot to mention. Anytime you finish playing and are about to shut down the PC, DO NOT close the Battle.net launcher until the game screen for Black Ops 4 displays the “Play” buttong in bold blue. Meaning, it does not read “Playing”. Battle.net is saving all configuration made to the game while playing into a file which it then loads anytime you re-launch the game. More often then not, we close the game and immediatly shutdown the PC while this process is taking place. This corrupts that file and the game simply is asking if you want to go into safe mode as a result of it believing you crashed out the last time you played. The protocol is in place to allow you to recover from settings that may have otherwise prevented you from playing.

ElPadrino#5143096

Studios