What was the point of me buying the season pass?

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 PC

Why did I wast the money on the season pass?

The main draw here was the extra maps and I thought the extra weapons.

so do I get either?

extra weapons? Nope, everyone gets them as long as you have the time to plough through the required tiers, I dont have time to do a 100 tiers to get the shiny new assault rifle I thought the season pass would get me. so why did i buy the season pass? oh you want me to buy a hundred tiers to unlock the shinny gun even after I bought the seaon pass? Man Mad

extra maps? Again nope, because people smarter than I havent bought the seaon pass so presumably there isnt enough players in the lobbies to have seperate lobbies for season pass holders, so everyone gets lumped in the same lobby with only the basic maps, so again why did I buy the seaon pass?

think I'll go back to Battlefield1 for my FPS fix

Sardaukar73
18 REPLIES 18

I was just about to buy the season pass , thought I would read up on it first, Thanks. Man Happy

peterporter

Map wise this is what happens in every COD. If they really cared about keeping a good player base they should give the maps for free, it's not as if they don't make a fortune out of the base game and loot boxes etc.

Just a way to screw as much out of people as they can but I get a feeling people are getting wise to the con trick.

COD=Cash On Demand

UkOldGit#2375502

I had a blast last night playing the new Map playlists. LMAO to be competitive on the PC requires at least a $2K or more investment. The cost of CoD in 2019 is the same as what it was nearly a Decade ago.

I purchased the Season Pass for $45. The new Maps are great and I have absolutely no regrets. In addition, it filters out the Cheaters .. few are going to spend a $100 to only get Banned. Whereas I've seen the PC BO4 game on sale for $19.99 at Newegg. 

The only DLC weapon I can recall was the Peacekeeper in BO2. Personally, I think there should be more Season Pass exclusives and I see absolutely no downside. 

Momba1

Why are you laughing your arse off? why are you boasting about a $2k pc? You are the target mug fanboi for this rubbish, paint some red stripes on your pc it makes it go faster, maybe a few stickers and some cheap RGB lit peripherals will make it go even faster.

I have no problem buying DLC if I feel it is worth it but this just isnt.

BLOPS2 was probbably about the last time i felt engaged with CoD, and for the record BLOPS4 is the best CoD multiplayer ive played for years, it just feels right in terms of gameplay but the monetisation model is killing it.

The hackers you mention are something else, so I need to buy a premium version  of the game to play hack free, and you think thats good, get a grip? How about they actually take hacking seriously.

But I do agree there should be more season pass exclusives, so your comment once we got over the fact you have a $2k PC (OMG do such things exist?????) isnt a total waste of space.

Sardaukar73

You're kidding right? A lot of people have $1,300+ GPUs nevermind the rest of their PCs. Just look at the requirements, a GTX 1080 Ti was selling for $1,500 all by itself not too long ago  https://us.battle.net/support/en/article/161495 There are plenty playing with $5K plus rigs. The point being what's $45 extra for more content plus less Cheaters annoying you!!?? Especially if you have the investment in a good PC.

The people that complain about the game are those running a potato connected to their 60 Hz monitors. 

Momba1

why are you so obsessed about money? If you know the exact price of something then you either cant afford it or struggle to afford it.

cod is not and should not be a pay to win game. also you shouldnt have to pay more to escape the hackers. 

Investment in a pc? are are kidding me? its a hobby, graphics cards exist in my beer and vacation budget, i.e. pissed up the wall, does playing a game make you money? are you an esports athlete? an investment is someting that makes you money.

You need to ask more from your games developers, the bar is set way too low these days, cos tooo many fanbois pile in regardless.

you are still banging on about hardware like an idiot, none of my post was about performance or hardware. the only potato is you.

Sardaukar73

I'm not obsessed by money, but you're a fool if you don't think your PC has a huge impact on your ability to play. You read into things too much. My reference was you have all that money invested in your PC and are whining about a measly fifty bucks. Crazy. 

Momba1

yep and your still ok to pay 50 bucks to avoid hackers, which should be a given. So who is the fool?

dont worry about the hardware I have, I dont need to get into ***** measuring around who has the best hardware, and that wasnt my point anyway

my point was what you get for your buying the season pass.

but like a fanboi fcukwit you changed it to a hardware argument and you are assuming I am playing it on the family piece of ***** dell.

here is a tip for your life actually address the arguement being presented to you, isntead of (in this case) going off on one about people not having the right hardware.

Sardaukar73

The $50 Season Pass is not to avoid Hackers, but it's a bonus. You've just been brainwashed by whomever the Maps and the game is bad. The overwhelming majority of people complaining in this forum simply are lousy at the game and want to harm the Gaming community and Activision.

Again your "gaming experience" is bad because your PC is a potato and hell it wouldn't surprise me if you don't have any friends to play with. 

You need some Cheese with all that Whine.

Momba1

Studios