every time I start my game all my settings have reset and I have to go through the agreement

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Support

game crashed once and ever since then every time I turn the game on I have to go through the agreement and screen settings 

and all my game settings have been reset.

anyone know how to fix this?

ive deleted the game and reinstalled it but that didn’t help

Airiez
6 REPLIES 6

Out of.curiosity, what platform are you playing on? This sounds like corrupted data, but I can't even start troubleshooting without knowing your platform.

mygamertagsucks Level 75

I’m on ps4 

Airiez

Thanks for the fast reply.

For ps4, you'll need to shut power down, and unplug the ps4 from the wall for 15 seconds. When you start your PS4, you have to do so on the console itself. So, make sure the controller is turned off, then press, and hold, the power button until you hear a second beep.

After the second beep, you will be prompted to plug in your controller, and a screen will boot up, with numbers 1-5. You want to click on the number that says "rebuild database". This takes about 3 minutes, and requires nothing from you other than patience. After the database is rebuilt, the ps4 will restart, and hopefully your issue will be gone as well

mygamertagsucks Level 75

The playstation website is terrible at explaining this, so here is the process in bullet form:

• Turn off the PS4 completely (i.e. not in Rest Mode).
  • Once off, press and hold the power button. Release it after you’ve heard two beeps: one when you initially press, and another about seven seconds later.
  • This will boot the PS4 into “Safe Mode“.
  • Connect a DualShock 4 controller with a USB cable and press the PS button on the controller. If the PS4 isn’t recognising the controller, you may have attached a ‘power only’ USB cable – use the one that came with the controller.
  • Select the option “Rebuild Database”. It will warn you that it may take hours. In my case, it took less than a minute
mygamertagsucks Level 75

It appears to have worked 

thanks very much for the help,much appreciated 👍🏾

Airiez
Highlighted

That is awesome, and I'm glad to hear it did the trick for you!!

mygamertagsucks Level 75

Studios