Game Uninstalled Itself After Failed Update

Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Xbox One

So about an hour ago, I got back from class to find BO4 had a small 2xx Mb update which I started immediately after turning on my Xbox One X. After returning to my Xbox several minutes later I found that the update was still at 0% so I ended the update with the intention of restarting it. This caused the update itself to disappear and BO4  would not start giving a "service unavailable message." I then hard reset my xbox  after which I came back to a completely uninstalled game. I'm currently redownloading the entire 50gb game file and assume that all of my progress will be lost? Has anything similar happened to anyone else?

AsianCrusader
8 REPLIES 8
Yep. Just happened to me as well :/
Smeuse

ME 2 CU TOMORROW THEN BO 4......... 3% INSTALLED 

Lately downloads can take a while to actually start. Could be due to update becoming available recently and everybody and their grandma are downloading it. Anyways, didn't you get a warning when you wanted to end the update process that it will most likely cause your game to be uninstalled?? That's an xbox thing btw not a cod one. I know that because i had it happen for a different game. And no you won't have lost any progress as that is stored on their end and you didn't crash from the game itself before the update 

LethalNapkin

I just found out that it uninstalled itself. I literally finished the newest update last night and was playing the game but when I turned on my Xbox it said that I had to install the whole game when I installed it literally like three weeks ago when the game came out. 

jaden_dumes

Exactly the same has happened to me. I don’t have the fastest internet in the world, so when it was still sat on 0.0% updating I reset my router thinking that was the problem. Once it all sprung back to life I had seen that the update had started but for 50GB!!

I don’t get as much time as I used to to be able to get on the Xbox, so when things like this happen it’s a bit frustrating 

beaver1989

OMG SERIOUSLY.  SAME B$ JUST HAPPENED TO ME!

Yup I used all caps for a reason.

NOT COOL... Unbelievable

VADERxxxLIVES

I also had that happen called microsoft and they said it was very strange 

FancyBunny92089
Highlighted

This just happened to me. Now I have 80 GB worth of download. WTF

UCD_28164798416NrDbzGPSpKvKHOEnOfY

Studios