Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Playstation 4

I honestly like the new hardcore blackout mode. Its pretty tight that there is no map to see the storm and life is shortened with no armor. The only the i think is bs is how you have to click the options button to change your equipment and use perks....that is retarted in my opinion...but idk. I wanna know what you all think of it? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oz71_IK9fiU

killakilla42x
5 REPLIES 5

I replied about this in another post.  I have only done one play through of it so far.  I'm always down for something new, and I like it in general so far.  The issue I encountered, and that I see is that it is Quads only like every other new BO mode they drop.  So when you are playing with out a mic its nearly impossible to land with your team.  The only way I see doing that is by jumping right after the first person in the team jumps and trying to follow them to the ground. 

Possible solutions - They either need to dis-allow non mic'd players from joining the lobby, or allow for them to see the Map up until you actually jump out, then set the circle to show up after the last person has deployed.  That way all it does is show the flight path of the choppers and not the circle.   Otherwise, I think they are giving Mic'd up players/teams a big advantage.   The only other possibility is changing it to a SOLO person mode.

I could be wrong, but I don't think the general player will care for the mode and it wont be popular for long with out doing some tweaks.   The equipment thing being one of the big things.  It's annoying, but I think it could encourage players to either be quick and persise about what you grab or wait until its clear to equip what you want.   I for one have gotten into the habit of picking whatever equipment up at first, then later on dropping some of it so i can easly cycle through the stuff that i might need or think will help me win in the final circle.  In short I just want quick access to all of my throwables that do damage sequentially.   As far as perks for it to be a true hardcore mode I think they should just get rid of them.  More of a guns and equipment and no bs mode.  

brandonblastermaster
in reply to brandonblastermaster

Yeah i def know what your saying about the landing! Especially with the people with no mic. Heck, even players with a mic have a hard time landing and finding certain spots on the map. Your right, it shouldnt have any perks if it is a true hardcore mode! Yeah i did find myself being picky on what i picked up and using it more stelf like. Thanks for the reply man!

killakilla42x

So I have played HC mode a hand full more times.  I started shooting my teamate who came up on me not knowing he was my teamate.  I didn't kill him, and stopped shooting then he killed me.   Considering neither of us where on mic I'd say he was just defending himself since I shot first.   I could see his name but there was no color to it or team member identifier.  I guess from now on if I see a players name I should assume the are teamates.  I have seen a couple other people mention this issue here in the forums.   

The other thing I noticed was three helicopters flying in unison with each other and launching fire works.   I think I read some where that is supposed to indicate where the final circle will be?   It would be nice if they mentioned that some where unless I missed it.   

Im not minding the lack of HUD to much.   I think the most I am missing is having my health total on there and not having to go by the bloody screen.   

brandonblastermaster
in reply to brandonblastermaster

O crap! Haha yeah that sucks! I have a hard time finding my team mates too especially when they take off without saying anything and then your looking around like where the heck did they go...then you hear shots like wth????  Haha yeah my buddy i play with said the flares or whatever are the center of the circle. It is a little different reading your health off the redness of your screen. 

killakilla42x

im okay with the health now.  The one thing I'm missing now is not knowing how many players/teams are left.   In a way a like it, but then I think it is better knowing how many people you are dealing with when it gets close to the end.    For example today for whatever reason by the time I deployed I got stuck on a team with only one other person and he wasn't communicating on mic and landed on the other side of the map.  So I was pretty much running SOLO.  Long story short I made it to the final circle and made a bit of a mistake not shooting at a team of 2 that where a long range away and elected to try to run for the graveyard in hopes of working my way closer with cover.   Sadly they picked me off when I made my attempt.  Then after it ended I got second place, and the sudden realization of them being the last team standing.  If I had know it was just them I would have definately tried to shoot them from a distance rather than trying to sneak up using cover, or something else.   Point being I think if people knew how many players where left they would alter their strategies.  I think it would be nice if if you could go into the inventory and see the player count.  

brandonblastermaster

Studios