Call of Duty Black Ops 4 Playstation 4

Highlighted

Stuttering on PS4 slim

Game is stuttering like mad. Multiplayer is making me crazy. It isn't stable 60 fps i can feel it dropping to like 40 when shooting. Its hitching all the time. Micro lag And fps drops are real... Also my PS4 sounds like its going to blow up. Console is brand new. What is going on with my game Smiley Sad

Luxuss222
6 REPLIES

Re: Stuttering on PS4 slim

in reply to Luxuss222

I am having a similar issue.  Two weeks ago I traded in my day one PS4 (which had no issue except a 500gb drive) for the PS4 Slim 1Tb that included Spiderman.  (I wish I had kept my PS4)

The lag/stuttering will happen even in the challenge menus at its worst.  During matches it can be as bad as every 2mins and last for 5secs.  I have tried rebuilding my PS4s database as well as only installing B04.  The problem still presists.  I have notice this issue in RDR2 even while playing offline. 

The sound will cut out or glitch sometimes but most of the time it just seems like my controller will continuously input anything I have pressed when the error occurs, while also having lag and stuttering on screen.

In my searching over the last two weeks you are the only person that I can find that is having this problem recently and with new Hardware.

Luxuss222 ,

Does this describe a similar problem that you are having? 

Did you get the same PS4 1tb Spiderman bundle?

Do you notice any issues while playing another game?

-Please let me know I am really looking for some answers or at least wanting some confirmation before I try to convince Gamestop to let me exchange my console without having the packaging anymore....

Kapa_G

in reply to Kapa_G
I only played Black ops And Spiderman on this console. I had PS4 slim And i bought it 2 y ago without any game but my dvd drive broke and i sent It to Sony month ago. They gave me back different console but still slim, i guess It is a new one but it can be also revieved. It is working much louder than my older PS4 slim. Spider man is working fine i think. But Black ops is a mess. It can work fine like for 10 minutes sometimes but later it is getting choppy. One day it is playable but other it is stuttering badly, also i found sound stuttering but it is less visible. Rarely. Sorry about my english, im still learning Smiley Tongue
Luxuss222

in reply to Luxuss222

If you havent tried rebuilding the database, this might work for you. Sadly, It didn't work for me.  Its unfortunate that you seem to experiencing Hardware issues with a replacement PS4.  I hope that rebuilding the database works for you.  My last option is to manually Initialize my PS4 from safemode.  If this doesn't work either, I will be contacting Sony for a replacement.

How long where you without you PS4 when your Optical Drive and sent it to Sony for replacement?

Your english is good.  English is my first and only language and I still stink at it.

Kapa_G

in reply to Kapa_G

I had to wait like a a month for it. That sucks tho. I dont know if it is a good idea to rebuild database cuz i have this console for maybe week and i installed couple games on it. As far i know it will delete all the updates i made for games, but maybe i'm wrong. My friend who is into this technical stuff like repairing consoles said that if ours ps4s are overheating that is the reason of stuttering. Mine burns my hand when checking temperature while playing xD mostly on back side of ps4. He said that "termal paste" (idk how to call it Smiley Tongue) is too old and it is not cooling procesor or someting like that. I will try to install bo4 on my friend's console, it is original ps4 not slim and i will see how it goes :///

Luxuss222

in reply to Luxuss222

Same Here on ps4pro

i think its internet 

watch the screen while your waiting to join a game of blackout 

when things are loading the screen very quickly skips frames or pauses frames 

its a poor game 

i only play blackout now 

bops 4 sucks 

non of my friends have bought it 

wiiw

in reply to Luxuss222
For stuttering video: make sure te video setting about 1080p/24Hz is disabled. To this day, I still don’t know why the default it on. Pure idiocy.
Popoplop

Studios