2.5 Multiplayer Re-Connection

2.6 WiFi Connection and Online Play

2.7 Port Forwarding

2.8 Voice Chat

3. Gameplay Tips

3.1 Killing enemies and spending points

3.2 Buying weapons and opening new areas of the map

3.3 Repairing barriers and restoring power

3.4 Mystery Boxes and Upgrading weapons with Pack-a-Punch.

3.5 Traps

3.6 Pickups

3.7 Last Stand

3.8 Perks

4. Dead Ops Arcade

4.1 Killing enemies and earning points

4.2 Treasure and the score multiplier

4.3 Special Moves

4.4 Pickups

4.5 Bonus Rooms

Zombies_AVATAR.jpg

1. Performance

1.1 Level of Detail

Move the Detail Level slider towards Faster if experiencing performance issues on lower spec devices.

1.2 Flight Mode

When playing a Single Player game, set your device to Flight Mode.

1.3 USB \ Firewire Connection

Try to avoid playing the game when your iPhone/iPod Touch is connected to a computer via USB or Firewire.

1.4 Bluetooth Connection

Try to avoid playing the game with Bluetooth connectivity enabled on your iPhone/iPod Touch.

1.5 Brightness

Check that you have set your Device Brightness to maximum for optimal viewing, this can be found in your Devices Settings

2. Multiplayer \ Online

2.1 Connection Type and Multiplayer mode

Selecting connection type:

•          Selecting “play online” allows play with other players across the internet using a WiFi connection.

•          Selecting “local WiFi” allows local play with other players who connected on the same WiFi network.

Selecting multiplayer mode:

•          Selecting “single map” allows you to choose a map and then repeatedly play it in multi-player.

•          Selecting “map vote” allows all connected players to vote for the map they would like to play in multiplayer.

2.2 Playing Co-Op Multiplayer

When playing online:

Once Single Map or Map Vote is selected the number of players required for the session can be selected using Game Center. Players can also invite friends into the session.

When all the other players have joined the session, selecting “play now” will display the map and the list of players, if “map vote” was selected beforehand players will also be able to vote on the map they would like to play – after a short countdown the game will start on the map which received the most votes.

When playing locally:

Once Single Map or Map Vote is selected the map and list of players is displayed. If map vote was selected players will also be able to vote on the map they would like to play – after a short countdown game play will begin on the map that received the most votes.

2.3 Multiplayer Game Version

Multiplayer connections can only be made between equivalent game versions, always update your game to latest version to ensure compatibility of the game.

2.4 System Alerts and Disconnection

If you receive a system alert (low battery for example) while playing an online game you may lose connection.

2.5 Multiplayer Re-Connection

If connection to a multiplayer game is lost, a reconnection can be attempted by selecting "Re-Join last disconnected session" from the CO-OP Multiplayer menu.

2.6 WiFi Connection and Online Play

When playing local multiplayer, all players will need to be connected to the same WiFi network – it is strongly advised that devices are set to “forget” any other nearby “known” WiFi networks.

WiFi internet connections are required for online play.

2.7 Port Forwarding

Some players may experience connectivity problems.  If a player receives the following message, “Your current connection does not support online multiplayer,” it means that the player is behind an unsupported type of router.  uPnP is fully supported, so for manual router setup please open the following ports for online gameplay:

Online services: 3074 TCP, 3478 UDP

Online game play: 50117, 50118 UDP

2.8 Voice Chat

Voice chat is supported with 3rd Generation iPods but will require iPod compatible headphones with a built-in microphone in order to participate in online voice chat.

3. Gameplay Tips

3.1 Killing enemies and spending points

Killing enemies will earn you points, you will also receive points for inflicting damage. The final score awarded for kills depends on where the enemy was shot – go for the head to earn more points!

You can spend points on new features and equipment like weapons, opening new areas of the map, activating traps and gaining perks.

3.2 Buying weapons and opening new areas of the map

New weapons can be bought from the chalk outlines seen on walls, doors and other obstructions can be opened giving access to new areas of the map, these new areas will contain stronger weapons and new features.

Only 2 weapons can be held at once (not including grenades or melee weapons) – when a weapon is bought it will replace the one currently held.

Be careful, opening new areas of the map also gives zombies new entrances in which to enter the level.

3.3 Repairing barriers and restoring power

Zombies become a threat by breaking through barriers and climbing into the same rooms as the player, approach a broken barrier and repair it to slow down the next wave of zombies – repairing barriers also earns points.

A special switch that restores power to the level can be found on each map, restoring power opens up new areas and features in the map - finding and activating this switch is an important factor in gaining a high score.

3.4 Mystery Boxes and upgrading weapons with Pack-a-Punch

Active mystery boxes can be opened (for a price) as soon as they are found, mystery boxes will award the player with a random weapon – often powerful weapons can be found that are not available on the walls as chalk outlines.

Any standard weapon in the game (regardless if it was bought from a chalk outline or obtained from a mystery box) can be upgraded by inserting it into a Pack-a-Punch machine.

Upgraded weapons are powerful and an important factor in surviving for longer and earning higher scores. 

On occasion a mystery box may contain a teddy bear instead of a weapon, if a teddy bear is found the mystery box will vanish and re-appear elsewhere in the map – players need to locate the mystery box if they intend to continue using it.

3.5 Traps

Traps can only be used once power has been restored to the level, once activated traps can kill nearby enemies, some traps can also harm players so be careful not get caught in them yourself!

3.6 Pickups

Sometimes enemies will drop bonus pickups after they are killed; collecting these pickups will award players with a temporary bonus:

•          Double Points: All points gained are doubled for a limited time.

•          Insta-Kill: All enemies will die from a single hit for a limited time.

•          Nuke: Kills all enemies when collected.

•          Max Ammo: Replenishes ammunition in all held weapons.

•          Carpenter: Automatically repairs all damaged barricades in the current map.

•          Fire Sale: For a limited time mystery boxes will appear all around the map. The cost of all mystery boxes and traps is also reduced.

3.7 Last Stand

In multiplayer, if players receive too much damage they will fall to the floor and enter “last stand” mode instead of dying immediately.

In last stand mode, you can crawl slowly and use a pistol to defend yourself, co-op partners can help you back to your feet but will be vulnerable during the revival process – if you remain in last stand for too long you will eventually die.

It’s possible to benefit from last stand in single player too, this is done by drinking the Quick-Revive perk during gameplay – in single player the Quick-Revive perk can only be used 3 times.

3.8 Perks

Perks are bought from the various Perk-A-Cola machines found around each map, power must be restored before Perk-A-Cola machines can be used (except Quick-Revive in single player).

Perks award the player with special abilities which last until the player is knocked down or killed.

Multiple perks can be used at once.

•    Jugger-nog: Increases the amount of damage the player can receive.

•    Quick Revive: Enables the use of last stand in single player, enables quicker team-mate revives in co-operative multiplayer.

•    Speed Cola: Increases the speed of weapon reloads.

•    Double Tap Root Beer: Increases the rate of fire on weapons

Stamin-Up: Increases the speed and duration of the player’s ability to sprint.

•    PHD Flopper: Negates damage received from falling long distances and being too close to explosive blasts.

4. Dead Ops Arcade

4.1 Killing enemies and earning points

Shooting and killing enemies will earn you points, score enough points and you’ll be awarded with an extra life.

4.2 Treasure and the score multiplier

During the course of game play treasure will appear in the environment, collecting treasure earns score but also contributes to increasing your score multiplier.

The score multiplier begins at x1, once enough treasure is collected it will increment to x2 effectively doubling all points that you earn – larger score multipliers make it easier to earn points and also extra lives.

The largest score multiplier that can be earned is x9 – the multiplier is reset when you lose a life.

4.3 Special Moves

2 additional special moves are available at the player’s disposal during game play:

•          Tactical Bomb: Activating a tactical bomb will immediately destroy all enemies in the environment, tactical bombs are best saved until many enemies are on-screen.

•          Speed Boost: Activating a speed boost will quickly boost the player across the screen killing any enemies in their path, speed boosts are best used when the player finds themselves surrounded or in a tight spot.

Special moves have limited stock and can only be used a set number of times, you’ll need to look out and collect more bombs and speed boosts once you have run out.

4.4 Pickups

Many bonus pickups are available in Dead Ops, pickups come in many different forms and equip the player with short term weapons or aids – pickups need to be used regularly and effectively to succeed in Dead Ops Arcade:

Weapon Pickups:

•          Spas 12: Automatic shot gun with wide fire arc

•          Death Machine: Heavy automatic weapon dealing additional damage

•          RPG-7: Explosive rockets causing high damage

•          China Lake: Short range grenade launcher causing high damage

•          Raygun: High Power laser weapon, each projectile ricochets when colliding with the environment

Additional Pickups:

•          Battle Chicken: Temporarily doubles the player’s firepower (multiple chickens can be collected at once increasing firepower even more)

•          Fast Boots: Enables the player to move faster

•          Sentry Gun: Automated gun turret which independently tracks and fires at enemies

•          Oil Drums: Provides the player with a temporary rotating shield which can kill enemies on contact

•          Teddy Bear: A special shield which can freeze or deflect incoming enemies on contact

•          Electric Orb: 4-part rotating electricity shield with the potential to kill many enemies with a chain reaction on contact

•          Monkey Bomb: Trap which lures in enemies before exploding and killing them

•          Helicopter: Awards player with attack helicopter

•          Tank: Awards player with Tank

•          Nuke: Awards player with an additional tactical bomb

•          Lightning Bolt: Awards the player with an extra speed boost

•          Extra Life: Awards the player with 1 extra life

4.5 Bonus Rooms

Look out for special bonus rooms as you progress through the rounds, you never know what you might find...

Call of Duty: Black Ops Zombies is now available for the iPhone, iPad and iPod Touch! Experience Zombies on the go with a fully replicated Kino der Toten and 50 levels of the cult-favorite Dead Ops Arcade.

Featuring Voice Chat for a true multiplayer experience, join up with up to three other friends as you take down hordes of the living dead. Pick it up now at the App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/app/id471063940

43 Comments
goody27modz
Level 1

Hello There,

I Am Currently On Level 12 And The Last 'Crawler' Has Glitched Out.

I Fear That This May Happen In Later Rounds And/Or On Other Devices

Are You Aware Of This Problem?

I Have Taken Screenshots If You Wish To See Them

Goody

Thank You Treyarch and Activision for creating this amazing COLLECTION of Call of Duty Games, and I'm sure that is what everyone else would say!

The manual came handy and the tips and tricks have helped me to get to higher rounds on Ascension!

Once again, Thanks!

-George

ZboSSz123
Level 1

There iz a crash in the game and it only worked once  when i tried to play can u fix it ❔

there is a crash related to the voice chat on 4th gen iPods it has persisted from version 1 the crash occurs after you see the treyarch symbol for a couple seconds then the red ending call text appears after the game auto exits please fix this.

I was on round 27 and all the zombies glitched out. They were walking through the walls and they weren't spawning

MoTeeSa007_
Level 1

thats weird cuz thats never hapend to me

Zacpower17
Level 1

Hi I know that you said that you don't support all routers and you fully support some but can you please support all routers because it sucks that I can't play online just because you don't support all routers!!!!!!! Please make this so.    Kind regards Zacpower17

viperghost77
Level 1

merci des infos

SpinnerFIN
Level 1

The multiplayer doesnt work on my iPad 2 or iPhone 4. It just says "connecting to online servers" and then "cann't join the room" and only gives me option to go back(currently using iOS6)

HI IM A BIG BLACK OPS FAN IM I GOT THE GAME FOR MY IPOD TOUCH I HAVE THE NEW ONE IT WAS PERFECT WHEN I HAD IOS 5.0 it would connect online fast and I was able to play multiplayer but ever since iOS 6 update software came out it won't connect not one time on line it says error joinin room and I payed 7 dollars well everyone did I think the game needs to be updated for iOS 6 I also can't hear nothing it's very low in audio now even when u rais your volume bar it's still low can't hear a thing And can't connect online anymore besides that the game WAS WAS good needs update the for iOS 6 thanks for making the best mobile game in the world tho THANKS I'm no longer bored just frustrated cos I can connect online .

New update today on iOS version and still multiplayer does not work really ??, the crossbow was added but really no multiplayer yet ??? Disappointing .

Chesapeake12
Level 1

I'm not too happy ether about this online error it need to be Fixed ASAP

THEGUY111
Level 1

Can you guys port this to the playstation vita so we can have some kind of zombie game on the vita.

jdbrooks2354
Level 1

I absolutely love this game! There are a few bugs in it though. I am not able to hear the SFX while playing. I can only hear the music from the perk machines and other music sources. I have tried adjusting the volume in the options and nothing has worked. Please fix this.

Add the ray gun to kino! Never seen it flash up in the box! Also put the name of the gun like under the gun symbol so we know what gun we're holding.

Vaultboy01
Level 1

Hey guys this seriously needs an update online crashes and if possible all maps or at least moon and also pls pls update world at war for the ipad just two maps really it needs all just like the iPhone come on guys...

kashii
Level 1

Optimize the screen for iPhone 5 and iPod 5 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

PLEASE FIX THE ONLINE WE ALL NEED IT BACK EVEN ADD IN PRIVATE MATCH OR SOMETHING

Rebdy
Level 1

Hi i love the game, but please give us iphone5 optimization and better controls

JVitto
Level 1

The multiplayer is Not Working!!!!!!!! Every time I try to get in a room it says error.........

I thought ok I will wait a little bit(7 days) n they will fix it but nope not yet, so please fix the game!!

"Featuring Voice Chat for a true multiplayer experience, join up with up to three other friends as you take down hordes of the living dead. Pick it up now at the App Store: http://itunes.apple.com/app/id471063940"

This is the last sentence they wrote about the game but its BS the multiplayer isn't working n hasn't been for me n the 6 friends that purchased this game hoping to play,PLEASE FIX!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ninJAmes
Level 1

Yeah we can't play online. What's the big idea here! That's false advertising and could end up in a huge law suit! I bought this to play with my friends like it said we could but it won't let me join the room or whatever. Fix it!!!!!!

Jujinsoup
Level 1

Hello , I am having some problems with black ops multiplayer right now , and was wondering if you could help. My problem is that whenever I try to play with 4 people it just keeps loading and loading on the game center screen , and so when I try to play 2 player (myself included) it goes to the screen where it just says waiting for player in each corner , with the map in the middle And no one ever joins Ive waited over 30 minutes and still no one has joined , and often times I don't even make it to that screen , it will get there then say searching for host , and then say error joining room , so then I have my friends invite me to a game and it will get to the game center screen and just have my character load with the  spinning circle next to it , and just doesn't stop loading until they kick me out cause I'm taking too long to load , another thing is it will often say cannot connect to online services please try again later , which I do and end up having one of the problems happening I listed above , please help I was really looking forward to playing this game

Jujinsoup
Level 1

Is it just me for multiplayer , or is it just no one plays this game anymore?

seb559
Level 1

They're never gonna fix. They're too cheap. Money greedy. We waisted 7$ on nothing, they don't care about their customers, as long as they got the money.

cool.

The zombies on ipad has soooo bad graphics and online multiplayer errors always happen

All they want is money

It's much better on my cousins PS3

Undead_Pyro
Level 1

I Just got a new iPhone 5c the display doesn't work PLEAZE FIX!!!

mrcodwaw
Level 1

Developers of this game,whether it be treyarch,or activison,please read this.There is a major bug with online.Happens both on ipad2 @ipad 3.Sometimes I can play more than 5 rounds or minutes,other times after either 5 rounds or 5 minutes,my game crashes.The longest I could play without it crashing is 20 mins.Both devices are on the latest ios and both games are updated to the latest version as well.Please fix this soon.

ITS 2014 AND YOU STILL HAVENT FIXED THE SERVER!!!!

STRIKE TEAM IS NON MULTIPLAYER AND ZOMBIES STILL DOESNT WORK....... !

ND U HAVE THE NERVE TO NOT FIX THE BEST ZOMBIE GAME FOR IOS/android!!! As a  die hard cod fan... I understand u guys were busy with Ghost, new maps updates or other projects, etc..... Cod strike team. Which is a great game despite the lack of multiplayer btw. However noone cares.. I play cod for multiplayer only. Ive bought all system cod games and ive never ayed the story past world at war.

70 percent of your fans agree... Make a money move.... Make a new cod that has human multiplayer and zombies and fix the old ones!!! Please

I have an iPhone 5s running iOS 8.0.2 and COD Black Ops Zombies doesn't function properly. When I was on iOS 7.1.2 it functioned quite alright. COD Blacks Ops Zombies on iOS 8.0.2 is very blurry. I can't see anything, only words . Please update  .

Frostyfish
Level 1

hello, I bought this game yesterday, and I am having a problem.

it it says my device (iPad) has low ram and the game looks like this:

http://imgur.com/9krc8y9 how do I dix this? In the map it looks the same and when I pick a character, map, and a difficulty it does nothing like If I didn't touch it. How do I fix this pls help send me an email to clashingwithblaze@gmail.com if you know how I really want to play this game without errors and I paid for it!

It dosen't work with the New Update

The screen it's all gray during the Menu and Gameplay with the new Update iOS 8.1 with iPod Touch 5g

I have the the same problem. This app need a fix

MetalChili
Level 1

Paid for this app but it does not work on my iPhone 6 Plus. It doesn't work on my iPhone 5, I can't even download it on my iPad 2 Mini. Can you please fix this game. It's a great game, it's fun and kills time but if you're going to sell an app keep it working properly. I don't want my money back I just want the game fixed so I can play it.

BaasjeFloris
Level 1

I bought this app on my iPhone 6 ios 8 and it isn't working, all i see is an image from Call of Duty Strike Team..

Please Update

maeternity
Level 1

this app not work on my iPad 4 ios 8.1.2 please fix

Umadbr1
Level 1

NEEDS AN UPDATE FOR IOS 8

DoMoNiCgt
Level 1

it won't work please give me a refund

Umadbr1
Level 1

I Wish it worked that way

alpha0366
Level 1

HI treyarch the iPad mini version has a bug there is no color only the zombie eyes so i will send You a instagram  photo so you can fix this please

Hello there,

i recently bought the ios game COD:BOZ but after it finished loading on my ipad air 2 It crashed. And after reloading the game, all textures apears to be black and white? So i restarted my ipad and reinstalled the app but the problem remains. Please fix this!

sooty86
Level 1

what is going on with this game I've just bought it from App Store on my I phone 6 and it won't load this seems to be a big issue with this app and should really be getting sorted out as yous are raking in the cash while all us mugs sit with a dud game. When are you going to sort this problem out? If its not getting fixed I would like my money back !!!!!!!!

Deadpoolwww
Level 1

I'm having an issue with multiplayer each time I try to play it keeps saying

error joining room 

Could you please help me with this issue