Is Extinction going to rival Zombies (link to gameplay video)

Call of Duty Black Ops II Off Topic

Re: Is Extinction going to rival Zombies (link to gameplay video)

in reply to DeathBringer-Zen

What are peoples criticisms dude?  Is it a general problem?  I'd be really interested to hear what you think, after you've had chance to play it. 

Maybe I'm just in denial, but I still feel a little optimism for the mode.

Level 9

in reply to whots_his_face

Well, I have been told it is nothing like zombies... AT ALL!

Also been told it is fun to play around on, but has nowhere near the addictive factor, or arcade feel of zombies. It is too tactical and the action happens on bursts.

Not sure what to expect now when I play it, but I will keep you posted on it. I doubt now that it is going to have lasting power though. The (slightly) negative opinions I have received have been from die hard zombie fans, so expectations are low.

Level 53

Oh dear.  Well, I only paid £27.54 for me key.  I have to say though, it seems pretty good value for what they cram in.  I'm even glad you've got to play the 1st 5 missions of the campaign to unlock extinction, something I'm sure I wouldn't have looked at otherwise.  And no doubt I'll have a nosey at multi, squads and safe.  So, whichever way it goes, I feel it's still a pretty good buy.

Level 9

But yeah, please report back.  If it can pass your ruthless critique, I know it'll be ok

Level 9

in reply to Cheesegrater281

haha ''dont believe the hype''.

fuck that pre order shit, it would not be the first time that cod sold an expansion pack(dlc back in the days) as a ''whole new game''.

i want to play it before i pay €130 for a rip off.

Level 2

in reply to TEX_715

It doesn't look good in my opinion looks like Survival from MW3 with some nova crawlers from zombies.

Level 19
Highlighted

in reply to TEX_715

Well, we can only assume since it hasn't been released, but the trailer has left me with a poor first impression. I hope to be proven wrong when I actually play it.

I think we all know Treyarch zombies has been something special over the past 3 Treyarch titles, even through some disappointment for some. It seems to me Extinction is going to make Zombies that much more awesome. Unless they can make us relate to the characters and make our brains explode over the storyline and background story.

Level 75

in reply to TEX_715

anyone have some personal game play expeciance?

Level 17

in reply to TEX_715

I am playing it now mate. It is fun to play, but all guesses were correct. It IS just MW3 Survival mixed with Halo. Still fun, but NOTHING like zombies. Not round based. Leaderboards don't have a tab for rounds or waves.

Also, you rank up like in MP and the perk and weapon system is identical to MP too. Don't go in expecting the "new" zombies, or you will be bitterly disappointed.

Just sayin'.

Level 53

Not round based at all?  I could have sworn they'd mentioned rounds in their video.  I'm really surprised they didn't include leader boards to appeal to both the multi player and zombie fans.  What a wasted opportunity by the sounds of it.  Well if it doesn't impress, I won't be giving it a second chance by buying the season pass.

But I have to say, even if the mode sucks, wow, haven't they made good trailers?  Love the first contact one

Level 9

Studios