Moderator: New Layout Format - Thoughts?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Off Topic

Re: Moderator: New Layout Format - Thoughts?

kawz wrote:

extremefight49 wrote:

The white background on the forum, such as the sub-forum icons, post backgrounds and thread lists are overpowering and burning my retinas. In my opinion, they should keep the layout, but change to a more eye friendly color, like dark, dark grey or black.

- TopFighter

Regarding the whilte.  The first post in a thread is bright white, while replies are a light shade of grey.  I don't mind the grey at all.  The bright white I could see how it would be blinding for some.

Now I don't know if all of you see that, or if it's because I always change the background colour in Windows to that light grey.

The grey is slighty better, but I still find it to be pretty bright. It may be due to the contrast between the black and white/grey. You're right though. The problem may also be with the user i.e. screen size, brightness setting, distance from screen, etc.

- TopFighter

Level 47

in reply to extremefight49

extremefight49 wrote:

kawz wrote:

extremefight49 wrote:

The white background on the forum, such as the sub-forum icons, post backgrounds and thread lists are overpowering and burning my retinas. In my opinion, they should keep the layout, but change to a more eye friendly color, like dark, dark grey or black.

- TopFighter

Regarding the whilte.  The first post in a thread is bright white, while replies are a light shade of grey.  I don't mind the grey at all.  The bright white I could see how it would be blinding for some.

Now I don't know if all of you see that, or if it's because I always change the background colour in Windows to that light grey.

The grey is slighty better, but I still find it to be pretty bright. It may be due to the contrast between the black and white/grey. You're right though. The problem may also be with the user i.e. screen size, brightness setting, distance from screen, etc.

- TopFighter

I have two 23in Acer monitorss from the same model. The left is brighter than the right. Manufacture date is within the year.

Edit: Fixed my Maccabi moment.

http://i.imgur.com/4KdyI.gif

in reply to iif0xh0undii

I got one 23 inch Gateway and it's got some kind of factory high gloss thing on the screen itself. It's a really glossy screen. Any page on my screen in white is bright as hell. My lighting and contrast are on average settings.

Level 29
Highlighted

in reply to iif0xh0undii

Can we Please go back to a black (or anything dark) background where text is? The white kills my eyes. It's really hard to read on thie white background.

Level 29

in reply to machine650

The white is too much, as Crafty stated. It's was cool seeing people's post counts as well.

Level 11

in reply to iif0xh0undii

Please for the love of god just tell them to put it back to the way it was before.   Stop with the stupid uneeded changes. 

It's like they are just bored and are just changing for the hell of it.

Level 35

in reply to nickzombie

It really does feel that way now.

Also big key is to keep it to where the last post one a thread goes at the end/bottom. It screws up things and is harder to read over threads and new posts when new posts are jumbled all over the page. Make the newest post always the last one.

Level 29

in reply to machine650

machine650 wrote:

Also big key is to keep it to where the last post one a thread goes at the end/bottom. It screws up things and is harder to read over threads and new posts when new posts are jumbled all over the page. Make the newest post always the last one.

Test.

So this should be at the end of the page.

in reply to iif0xh0undii

iif0xh0undii wrote:

machine650 wrote:

Test.

So this should be at the end of the page.

Yes, putting the last post at the bottom seems the most logic decision to me.

What confused me is that some threads used to have these 'sub-posts', where the last post would appear mid-way the thread, but it was clear it was a newer post, yet other threads had no such thing.

Level 29

in reply to nickzombie

nickzombie wrote:

Please for the love of god just tell them to put it back to the way it was before.   Stop with the stupid uneeded changes. 

It's like they are just bored and are just changing for the hell of it.

Yes, I believe so too. Change for the sake of change is unnecessary. There wasn't anything wrong with the layout, I don't think many here understand why it was changed anyway.

Level 29

Studios