Take the franchise back to WW2 in the November 2013 release?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Off Topic

Re: Take the franchise back to WW2 in the November 2013 release?

in reply to banni08

world war games have been done to death and some, they are very limited,modern games are the way to go as what can be done is always evolving. Were as ww games the tech is set the environment is set there is no room for change.

Level 17

in reply to josh1073

This is the kind of people I was talking about/\

Sorry, but you proved my point there buddy, just had to say it.

Level 32

in reply to dstr001

Prove what point exactly?

Level 17

in reply to josh1073

Yes but the whole predictability of Futuristic Warfare is becoming as boring as what people claim WW2 to be, it's all percieved as Hi-Tech gadgets which take different shapes or forms but carry out fairly similar tasks to other devices already created. I feel if done right WW2 games can be a success again, switching between eras will do them good.

Level 11

in reply to banni08

I have to disagree, the issue i have with them bringing out new ww games is what can they do that has not been done? what guns can they add? When i hear people wanting ww games all i hear they want simple,point and shoot,cut down no thrills just gun on gun.

Level 17

in reply to josh1073

That kind of simplicity is what made WaW such a brilliant game, it was more about team work and individual skill than the assist of knowing 2-3 kills with a slaughtering machine would give you explosive weapons to destroy the enemy much easier. One thing i feel could be added is different choices of killstreak, but keeping them simplistic, such as Dogs, Artillery, Recon Plane, Mortar Fire etc.

Level 11

in reply to banni08

Thats what made it a good game to you, as i recall alot of people abandoned waw online after a month or so and went back to cod4 and only played waw for the zombies. I also remember from about 80 random people on my list i steadily seen less and less people playing waw and going back to cod4.

There was no more teamwork in waw than previous cods,""individual skill than the assist of knowing 2-3 kills with a slaughtering machine would give you explosive weapons to destroy the enemy much easier"" thats funny because back when waw was new the forums were full of people going on about the mp40 was to powerful and gave you dog in no time.

Level 17

in reply to josh1073

Isn't that what shooters should be about? thats why people loved WaW. Shooters should not be about airsupport or guns that have no recoil, it should be about skill, fast paced gun on gun gameplay.

that is what i miss about WaW; the thrill of coming face to face with someone, you have a bolt action, they have a bolt action, and having a good old fashioned gun fight, thats about accuracy and not spraying 30 bullets all over the place hoping you hit.

Level 32

in reply to dstr001

People loved waw simply for zombies multiplayer was abandoned after the first month and everyone went back to cod4,the gun on gun is still there the cqc is still there. Really this recoil thing is irrelevant as when you think about it if the game has lots of recoil its the same for everyone same if the game has little recoil.

And regarding to "thats about accuracy and not spraying 30 bullets all over the place hoping you hit." am i the only one who remembers ppsh and double tap? Mp40 double tap? thomson and double tap? I remember the fourms nerf the mp40 and jd2020 saying its fine.

The thing is its the circle of blame, cod4 people said it was not as good as cod3 then waw came out then cod4 was the best game for multi then mw2 came out cryed mw2 sucked and went back to cod4,blackops came out people said it sucked went back to mw2/cod4 magically mw2 was fun again,mw3 came out people went back to blackops and what do you know its fun again.

I predict the same for blackops 2 some will cry its crap go back to mw3 and funnily it will be fun again as it always has been.

Level 17

in reply to josh1073

You must be a CoD gamer who doesn't appreciate what makes + made the franchise great, it's one on one gun play, as the online world becomes more popular with younger people, the games become more and more dumbed down - unfortunately.

Level 11

Studios