Take the franchise back to WW2 in the November 2013 release?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Off Topic

Re: Take the franchise back to WW2 in the November 2013 release?

in reply to banni08

What made the franchise great was cod4 as that is what put cod on the map, just because i don't agree with what made cod great for you as its not what made it good for me. If waw is so good why is multiplayer desolate?? Cod4 is older but yet more people still play it....

Level 17

in reply to josh1073

josh1073 wrote:

I have to disagree, the issue i have with them bringing out new ww games is what can they do that has not been done? what guns can they add? When i hear people wanting ww games all i hear they want simple,point and shoot,cut down no thrills just gun on gun.

Gee I don't know, for starters they could follow the story of the Devil's Brigade for the campaign. They could add strafe runs from WWII planes, dogfighting, bombers, AA guns as anti-aircraft killstreaks, the possibilities are almost endless. And what guns? Are you serious? Shows how little you know about WWII...

Beretta Modello 1934

M1941 Johnson

PIAT Launcher

Beretta Modello 38

MP41

TZ-45

Breda 30

VG 1-5

Browning FN-Inglis

Webley Revolver

PzB 39

Just to name a few. Just because you  play Call of Duty doesn't mean you know anything about World War II. Go get a history book and start reading kid. Then tell me Call of Duty can't do something that hasn't already been done.

Level 2

in reply to banni08

Waw remains my favourite CoD, but WW2 has been done to death.

The Vietnam era needs more exploration.

Level 61

in reply to ghosthound

True, since Black Ops only had 5 or so campaign levels in Vietnam.

Level 39

in reply to banni08

WW2 is overdone.
SP: Most major events are allready done
MP: Only new things they can add are maps en maybe gamemodes
Over a couple of years they can do WW2 again. With a lot of fresh blood.(players) But that can take 10 years orso.

But still enough wars to do.
Korea, Gulf, Vietnam, Bosnia, War on terror, wars in africa, war against drugs (south amerika) etc

Roll the dice. Life is a gamble
GRaSS is OP. SaND get's everywhere
Level 60

in reply to dtuchpunk

dtuchpunk wrote:

WW2 is overdone.
SP: Most major events are allready done
MP: Only new things they can add are maps en maybe gamemodes
Over a couple of years they can do WW2 again. With a lot of fresh blood.(players) But that can take 10 years orso.

But still enough wars to do.
Korea, Gulf, Vietnam, Bosnia, War on terror, wars in africa, war against drugs (south amerika) etc

They could add a lot more than that buddy. They can add dozens of more weapons, explore the campaign in Africa, go deeper into the Pacific campaign, or create a story about the attempts to assassinate Hitler. They could have epic dogfighting that can't be found in a modern or futuristic game, have a campaign level showing what the first encounter between our planes and the first fighter jet was like. That's what makes games fun, seeing a boss or in this case, a badass aircraft that outguns you and thinking "Oh crap, another one of these damn things". Games now (especially shooters) aren't like that.

World War II, contrary to popular belief can do so many things that modern day and futuristic warfare simply can't. Plus, above anything else, its a real war that actually means something, unlike the recent wars Call of Duty has been covering that have absolutely no meaning.

Level 2

in reply to banni08

Well it IS teh 10th year of call of duty and the 10th game in the series,so maybe they will as some kind of throwback to the originals.

Level 6

in reply to banni08

I think that all of the pros you mentioned would certainly be present, but I have to agree with the others(and, unfortunately, prove your point) and say that the game would most likely be very limited when it comes to killstreaks, weapons, lethals, tacticals, etc. It could be fun, but it would take a good deal of creative genious on the devs parts.

Level 14

in reply to banni08

When they do make a next ww2 cod game, it should move away to the overused theaters of Stalingrad and Normandy. Instead they should focus on the less well known parts such as the British in Burma and India, Australians in North Africa, Middle East and Papua New Guinea, Nationalist Chinese the Sino-Japanese War, Soviets in Leningrad (not Stalingrad) and the Prague Offensive, US soldiers in Tusnia and Italy. Another thing I think the next ww2 cod game should let you play for the first time as a German soldier during the Blitzkrieg of France and the Low Countries.

Level 1

in reply to InsetToby7

U can't forget about the tanks in Waw...

and maybe sum upgrades to them too

Level 1

Studios