Take the franchise back to WW2 in the November 2013 release?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Off Topic

Re: Take the franchise back to WW2 in the November 2013 release?

in reply to banni08

The whole argument WWII has been done to death can also be said about Modern Warfare. I personally would like to see a switch back to WWII. I however could see going back and doing other wars. Nobody ever brings up WWI, their are several places to go, but for some reason the majority of players only want this modern/ future nonsense

Level 19

in reply to Fireman0025

Definitely wouldn't mind a throw back to WWI or WWII. 

Level 9

in reply to banni08

There is not going to be much on WW1 unless it dose not focus on the Western Front as Trench Warfare during ww1 would not make very good gameplay as you be forced to make frontal assault on enemy defense and get cut down by machine gun fire, with everything you have done was in vain. I would like to see the charge of the Australian 4th Light Horse Brigade at the Battle of Beersheba, which was done by Mounted Infantry

Level 1

in reply to InsetToby7

InsetToby7 wrote:

Trench Warfare during ww1 would not make very good gameplay

i dont think you give the creators enough credit. I think that with their creativity that they could get it done. In fact i seem to remember doing some trench fighting in COD the big red one that wasnt terrible.

i wont argue that it would need more than just charging at an enemy trench the whole time.

Level 19

in reply to banni08

I agree with Fireman ... you guys are thinking inside a box that most likely will be shattered with the new consoles.

Granted, the hardware in consoles are outdated almost as soon as they hit the shelves, the fact of the matter is that the next gen will have far more computing power than the current consoles. I read an article the other day that FPS producers are looking at greater map dynamics. One thing I do like about BF3 over COD is the ability to level buildings, for the most part. Would be nice to see the landscape change during the match, as well.

Imagine a predator leaving a twenty foot wide, five foot deep crater where a minute ago there was just flat ground.

That can change the dynamics of a match in a big way.

That would make taking on WW1 and/or WW2 battles a whole new experience. Furthermore I can also see greater interaction with vehicles. Don't get me wrong, I hope they don't ... but who knows?

The point is that most of the posts here are assuming the new consoles will not bring new features to the games and such a view is highly unlikely.

"At the end of the match, there remains only ... nuttin 2 say."
Level 62
Highlighted

in reply to nuttin2say

However, next-gen consoles are still a few years and several CoD's away...

Level 61

in reply to banni08

I think that treyarch should do a "what if" game where the british win WW2 and something cool happens. Like rebellion of the british people. Taking place in modern times. But with different stuff because the world would be so different.

Level 14

in reply to banni08

My idea to fit some older wars in the mix is to have the main character on his death bed talking to his son and telling him the family history which involves relatives in all different wars. This would keep you from having to make a whole game on trench warfare but still allow you to do a little of it.

Level 1

in reply to banni08

I honestly think ww2 would be great today. There is so much of the war they havent covered for example... battle of the bulge? Hitlers bunker? The nukes on japan?  pearl harbor? Anyways with the abilities thay we have today they can make one hell of a game. Ww2 is one of the best if not the best war periods ever. Spice up the graphics, landscape changes as a bomb or artillery goes off would be awesome. Bf3's ability to destroy a building or cover was amazing to the gameplay experience.  So much can be done to make a great game and hopefully bring some life to the series.

Level 1

in reply to banni08

I loved WaW and I hope they ho back to WW2 someday. Now imagine what they could do. Selectable streaks (scorestreaks for that matter), new perks, new, more favorable guns possibly, pIck 10 create-a-class, an updated (if not new) engine. Like some others have said, imagine WaS debugged, fixed, updated. It could do wonders for the franchise. Whether or not there should be vehicles, I'm not sure, but I'm sure it'd be great.

Level 1

Studios