The latest call of duty sucks, the previous ones were better.... but is this really true? lets get some perspective (Version 2)

Call of Duty Black Ops II Off Topic

The latest call of duty sucks, the previous ones were better.... but is this really true? lets get some perspective (Version 2)

Okay so I am remaking this thread so that way It can be better organized. Due to the length of this thread I will have to make multiple posts to get it on here. I ask that you all do not post until I have posted all the sections (sections are CoD3-BO2) (and to the mods i hope this isnt breaking any Rules, I want the other thread to die and this one to live. just hope im not getting this thread deleted for being too dam long forcing me to post multiple times) here we go... V2

Hi all  me again. Im making this thread because I have been lurking on these forums for a while. and I am seeing a pattern here with every game release. and its not just this community that does it either. Every game release You see the same exact things said. This game is bad, the past ones were better. But is that really true? (btw I hope someone reads all this... just one person! you know how long its taking!?!? im just finishing MW2!... finished BO... 0.0' no ones gonna read this lol)

(Before you start, These are not all my opinions, these come from you, the community)

Lets take a look at past CoDs.

Call of duty 3. This was a great game imo... but it had its share of issues. these are the issues/praises the community has had with it. (feel free to mention the ones i forget)

Community complaints:

Lag/lag comp/freezing issues/connection problems. lag problems existed back then too. but imo it was worse

Glitches EVERYWHERE!!!. There were glitches everywhere in this game. There was at the very least 2 ways out of the maps on every map. Snipers could have infinite and immediate breath hold upon scope in (huge advantage!). Reload glitch (they never have to reload).

drop shotters (remember that dude with the LMG who auto dropped from standing to spraying on the ground instantly?)

Team greifing: This game saw a level of griefing that most games dont see this day. In this day players get kicked for causing trouble. But in CoD 3, there was a nifty little class called the medic. now the medic could shoot you with his shotty and down you do. he picks you up... shoots you again. it never ends unless he gets bored, an enemy happens uppon you, or one of your other teammates TK's him.

Hackers: players with invicibility/infi health, infi ammo, aim bots and so on.

spawns: okay honestly i dont remember too much about spawns...

Rage quiters: and so... it begins.

To be honest i cant really remember the praises much either XD XD beyond the fact that I had fun in it. OH! thought of one... it brought a playable multiplayer to the cod series. (... i have a nagging feeling im wrong... i think the second one had multiplayer... but not sure)

Level 45
Likes: 1737
Posts: 5177
Registered: ‎24-08-2011
97 REPLIES

Re: The latest call of duty sucks, the previous ones were better.... but is this really true? lets get some perspective (Version 2)

in reply to deamonomic

Call of duty 4 (part 1) Now, if there is a fan favorite amongst the community it is this game. I personally dont share that opinion. While still a great game in the end. it had its issues.

Praises:

CoD 4 brought to us the create a class system and introduced perks, weapons, and attachments. It brought us kill streaks. It also took the Call of Duty series out of the WW2 setting. and the final thing it did, was reduce the size of the maps. Think about it, the maps in Cod 4 are actually fairly small compared to the rest of the cods. But this was a good thing. This made the games faster paced. The gaming community found that it rather enjoyed the frenzied pace. This was the game where the player base recieved a huge jump. As such I like many, consider it to be the True birth place of CoD online play.

Community complaints:

Lag problems/lag comp: This is going to be a major problem with ALL of them. Just as it is with ALL games and before you start ranting I have 2 things to say. 1: for the group about to say "If i play CoD 4 right now, i will have no issues"... OFCOURSE you might not. that game has been around for how long? and has had how many patches, tweaks and fine tunings done to it?

Glitches: Not nearly as many as the previous game. but they still existed. Im going to give you a list of some of the glitches found in this game. I wont give descriptions on how to do them tho everyone probably already knows

Crossfire Glitch: This glitch consists on walking in the sky in Crossfire.

Pipeline wall Glitch: glitch into one of the walls

Last Stand Grenade Glitch: Have a grenade in hand when in last stand

Last Stand Primary Glitch: Have Your Primary weapon as your last stand weapon.

Airborne Challenge Glitch: A glitch on the map crash that makes you fall forever thus allowing you to easily complete the challenge.

Dropshotters and quickscopers: enter the stage here.

Team griefing: yes it existed here too. was called hardcore and i have a tube/launcher . question how many people are glad that spawn tubing is gone?

Campers: yessssss! thats right they existed back then! I know, i was one of em . Im not saying all I did was camp, but i was not hesitant to. I could run N gun but i was more of a cautious player.

Hackers: nope no hackers until the end of its life span (life span = support from the devs... which is to say a short time after the launch of the next title). or atleast I dont remember them.

Overpowered weapons: (and thus... it begins). Haha this one has been a major button of the community in every single cod. Anyone remember what guns were considered OP in that game? I remember one specifically, the M16. I think with the M16 one burst was all it took in most cases. The Mp5 and G36 were also considered OP. there were plenty more i just cant recall them im sure someone out there will point them out

EDIT: wont be posting part 2 of this one because it keeps saying content not allowed for some reason.

Level 45
Likes: 1737
Posts: 5177
Registered: ‎24-08-2011

Re: The latest call of duty sucks, the previous ones were better.... but is this really true? lets get some perspective (Version 2)

in reply to deamonomic

Call of duty 5 World at War. This was one of my favorite games in the CoD series. This one went back to the WW2 story and I was fine with it, reason being is that I like the WW2 setting. The guns were fun to use (KAR98!!!! BOLT ONLY!). but it was not without its flaws.

Praises:

Call of duty WaW was a fun game. I had tons of fun using the PPSH with a round drum or the Kar98 bolt. It continued the 3 kill streak idea but changed the last one to dogs (which everyone has to admit is fun whether they work perfect or not). This game was slower paced then MW. but again, thats not really a bad thing. The bigger maps slowed down the action a small bit, but brought a better sense of scale to the battle, with tanks driving around, drarting from building to building trying to avoid that sniper you KNOW is out there, making a mad dash through the field at the tank with some explosives. That wasnt all they did. They brought their own awesome piece to the CoD community. Zombies. Who doesnt like shooting endless waves of zombies!?!

Community complaints:

Lag/ lag comp/ freezing issues: Big surprise huh... yep still considered a major issue by the community.

Glitches: These glitches are the normal variety for example being able to get under the map in certain places. this was probably the worst CoD game map wise due to the glitches.

Castle

Roundhouse

Elevator glitch on Cliffside

Drop shotters and quicksopes:  While I dont remember Quickscoping in this game, Im going to assume it was there. But i know for a fact that dropshotting was alive and well.

Campers: campers in this game were just as strong as in CoD4 but were getting more attention and hate now as the community grows.

Hackers: again I dont think I ran into any "Hackers" until after the games lifespan.

Overpowered:  Ready for Round 2? In this corner we have the MP40!!!!! and in the other we have the infamous.... JUGGERNAUT!.... and in the next corner we have the M1A1!!!!!!... and in the next corner we have the all mighty PPSH!! Followed by the dominat MG42! And in the corner across from that is the god like STG!!!!! and in the next... wait a sec... how many corners are there!?!?!

Boosters/prestige hackers: SSDC... Same *stuff* different cod.

Spawns: I dont remember spawns being a horrible thing in this game. I think that was due to the size of the maps. larger maps = more room to spawn = less chances of spawning near an enemy. doesnt mean I didnt see spawn deaths or spawn trapping.

Rage quitters: They were here too.

Modded controllers: This is where you start seeing the modded controllers pop up. Thing is people can do what most mods can do anyways. no i dont mean we can fire just as fast but we can get close enough to where a mod is a waste of money.

Level 45
Likes: 1737
Posts: 5177
Registered: ‎24-08-2011

Re: The latest call of duty sucks, the previous ones were better.... but is this really true? lets get some perspective (Version 2)

in reply to deamonomic

Yes this latest one does suck. Yes there were issues with past titles as well. But everything pales in comparison to Black ops 2. People always complained about lag in past titles but not to the degree with Black ops 2.

COD 3 was a horrible game but i loved it for what it was. It had its issues but it is where i learned how to play FPS and it will always be my favorite.

COD4 and World at war were indetical games except for content. These games were the best in the franchise for online play and nothing will ever compare to them again.

MW2 is where the true complainers started and rightfully so. There were many issues in terms of unbalancing and hacking. But the overall game play and connection were superb.

Black ops is where these connection issues started but again overall a very well balanced game.

MW3, imo has been the best COD since MW2. But i have always been on the good end of connection in that game and never had much to complain about.

Black ops 2 is currently the worst online FPS in COD history. They took weapons balancing and just threw it out the window, Took online mathcmaking for good connection in the oposite direction of where it was suppose to go. there is a genuine issue in black ops that is not fixable with any update and was just a bad design of a game. To bad because this game HAD huge potential.

Level 38
Likes: 458
Posts: 5508
Registered: ‎19-10-2011

Re: The latest call of duty sucks, the previous ones were better.... but is this really true? lets get some perspective (Version 2)

in reply to codchamp1

codchamp wrote:

Yes this latest one does suck. Yes there were issues with past titles as well. But everything pales in comparison to Black ops 2. People always complained about lag in past titles but not to the degree with Black ops 2.

COD 3 was a horrible game but i loved it for what it was. It had its issues but it is where i learned how to play FPS and it will always be my favorite.

COD4 and World at war were indetical games except for content. These games were the best in the franchise for online play and nothing will ever compare to them again.

MW2 is where the true complainers started and rightfully so. There were many issues in terms of unbalancing and hacking. But the overall game play and connection were superb.

Black ops is where these connection issues started but again overall a very well balanced game.

MW3, imo has been the best COD since MW2. But i have always been on the good end of connection in that game and never had much to complain about.

Black ops 2 is currently the worst online FPS in COD history. They took weapons balancing and just threw it out the window, Took online mathcmaking for good connection in the oposite direction of where it was suppose to go. there is a genuine issue in black ops that is not fixable with any update and was just a bad design of a game. To bad because this game HAD huge potential.

exactly how did they take weapons blancing and throw it out the window? seriously how? ALL of the weapons in this game are good. ALL OF THEM. how is it less balanced then MW3 where they had the MP7 or striker (this weapon had range, rate of fire and damage all rolled into one neat little "your fubar in close quarters" package.

Starting today Im going to be playing with every gun and thus far the AR's are NOT subpar to the SMGs or any other weapon. If you think so I advise you to rethink that. 9/10 its not the weapon thats broken but the player using it.

Level 45
Likes: 1737
Posts: 5177
Registered: ‎24-08-2011

Re: The latest call of duty sucks, the previous ones were better.... but is this really true? lets get some perspective (Version 2)

in reply to deamonomic

Where in MW3 you had 1 op'd SMG ( MP7 ) but counterable from a distance. Every SMG in Blops 2 is OP'd at any distance. How many times have you been killed by a headglitching guy using a PDW, Scorpion or mp7? Not only that how many times have you been killed by a smg that at distance it can be tough for a assault rifle to do?  For me this happens all the time.

Shotguns in this game are ridiculous. not saying all of them. But with the speed, distance and accuracy that the remington kills in. it is like no other shotgun in COD history. I thought the spas in MW2 or the stryker in MW3 were bad..They have NOTHING on this one!

Quickscoping and huge hitboxes in this game are the worst. i am not a sniper and i truly suck at it. I could not quickscope to save my life. But yet in this game it is done with ease by almost anyone. Not just that, Look at kill cams from people hardscoping and look at how far off target they are from you and it still counts as a super quick one hit kill towards you.

lets talk about grenades for a moment. If there is a grenade indicator on your screen, then you are dead. Simple as that. There is no getting into cover, there is no counter. You just die 95% of the time.

Knives. Forget about that for a moment. no need to mention uslesss non working knives.

Shock charges and flash bangs. I have not seen a piece of tactical equipment last for such a long amount of time compared to this game.

I could really go on for hours what is wrong with this game without even getting into th biggest issue. Lag and bad matchmaking.

Level 38
Likes: 458
Posts: 5508
Registered: ‎19-10-2011

Re: The latest call of duty sucks, the previous ones were better.... but is this really true? lets get some perspective (Version 2)

in reply to codchamp1

codchamp wrote:

Where in MW3 you had 1 op'd SMG ( MP7 ) but counterable from a distance. Every SMG in Blops 2 is OP'd at any distance. How many times have you been killed by a headglitching guy using a PDW, Scorpion or mp7? Not only that how many times have you been killed by a smg that at distance it can be tough for a assault rifle to do?  For me this happens all the time.

The headglitching is bad, but SMGs are not OP at distance, I destroy SMG users at distance with ARs/LMGs. The Scorpion is absolute crap at distance. BO2 features the best weapon balance of any shooter released in the last 5 years. There is no dominant weapon.

codchamp wrote:

Shotguns in this game are ridiculous. not saying all of them. But with the speed, distance and accuracy that the remington kills in. it is like no other shotgun in COD history. I thought the spas in MW2 or the stryker in MW3 were bad..They have NOTHING on this one!

You should probably just say the Remington, which they did nerf by 4 feet. Yes, its very good. But the others are not. The KSG is great at range, sucks up close. The S12 and M12 are horrible, especially in core, probably the worst shotguns of all time in core.

codchamp wrote:

Quickscoping and huge hitboxes in this game are the worst. i am not a sniper and i truly suck at it. I could not quickscope to save my life. But yet in this game it is done with ease by almost anyone. Not just that, Look at kill cams from people hardscoping and look at how far off target they are from you and it still counts as a super quick one hit kill towards you.

The sniping in this game is indeed unbalanced. The SVU is ridiculous, it takes absolutely no skill to use, just spray and pray. The Ballista and the XPR are not good at all. The DSR 50 is a quickscopers dream, and the hit detection is indeed questionable, making it that much better.

codchamp wrote:

lets talk about grenades for a moment. If there is a grenade indicator on your screen, then you are dead. Simple as that. There is no getting into cover, there is no counter. You just die 95% of the time.

Knives. Forget about that for a moment. no need to mention uslesss non working knives.

Shock charges and flash bangs. I have not seen a piece of tactical equipment last for such a long amount of time compared to this game.

I could really go on for hours what is wrong with this game without even getting into th biggest issue. Lag and bad matchmaking.

Flak Jacket. If you are playing core, no reason to not be using FJ. HC, the nades are not nearly as prevalent. Knives are indeed completely useless, they are a little better if you are wielding it, but if not, don't even bother trying. I thought they nerfed the duration of flashes, but I'm not really noticing it. Shock charge duration is fine. If you are getting spammed switch to your Tactical Mask class. The game has issues, but its miles better than MW3.

Level 25
Likes: 440
Posts: 1882
Registered: ‎08-01-2013

Re: The latest call of duty sucks, the previous ones were better.... but is this really true? lets get some perspective (Version 2)

in reply to NoLifeKing29

GUYS! MOVE THE CONVO TO THE END! you messing up the flow of the thread here >.<

Level 45
Likes: 1737
Posts: 5177
Registered: ‎24-08-2011

Re: The latest call of duty sucks, the previous ones were better.... but is this really true? lets get some perspective (Version 2)

in reply to deamonomic

its just the reply system >.>

Level 25
Likes: 440
Posts: 1882
Registered: ‎08-01-2013

Re: The latest call of duty sucks, the previous ones were better.... but is this really true? lets get some perspective (Version 2)

in reply to NoLifeKing29

It is in the eye of the beholder i guess. MW3 plays head and shoulders above Blops 2 for me. This game has become a rage induced lag fast everynight I cannot have one game where i dont feel like i am either getting Quickscoped and or shotgunned constantly. If by the slightest chance that i dont see either, it is the connection with non exsistent hitmarkers that does it. These are problems that i RARELY ever see in MW3. Even when it was the IT game with 400,000 playing it played very well for me and the annoyences could be dealt with.

Level 38
Likes: 458
Posts: 5508
Registered: ‎19-10-2011

Studios