Treyarch's 2014 Call of Duty

Call of Duty Black Ops II Off Topic

Treyarch's 2014 Call of Duty

What do you guys want to see in Treyarch's 2014 Call of Duty after CoD: Ghost's release in November 2013?

Honestly the game industry has been milked dry with modern and or future set FPS games. If there was ever a time for Treyarch to branch off of their current franchise and pull an Infinity Ward and start on a new story, the time is now. I think Treyarch's next-gen CoD should be a CoD set in World War II. Whether it be just simply a new story set in WW2 or a ficticious tale of an alternate WW2 story I don't care but I think the gaming industry is in dire need of a different kind of FPS.

Level 1
41 REPLIES

Re: Treyarch's 2014 Call of Duty

in reply to TBundy69

TBundy69 wrote:

What do you guys want to see in Treyarch's 2014 Call of Duty after CoD: Ghost's release in November 2013?

Honestly the game industry has been milked dry with modern and or future set FPS games. If there was ever a time for Treyarch to branch off of their current franchise and pull an Infinity Ward and start on a new story, the time is now. I think Treyarch's next-gen CoD should be a CoD set in World War II. Whether it be just simply a new story set in WW2 or a ficticious tale of an alternate WW2 story I don't care but I think the gaming industry is in dire need of a different kind of FPS.

it was just a few years ago that the gaming community was claiming that WW2 games were way way waaaay overdone. basically it was milked dry and then some.

Personally, I will play whatever I find fun and enjoyable. Doesnt really matter what Kind of game.

Level 45

in reply to deamonomic

I agree with you 100% that is should be, They need a comptly need a new story line that dosent follow over a charcter that they have done in the past,,,

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to TBundy69

WWII wouldn't be bad, I think that they should consider a game that spans multiple eras, like WWII and now, or WWII and the future, something along those lines. Include weapons from both eras in multiplayer (with proper balancing of course), with different time settings for the maps would be interesting. But I'd probably just take a Call of Duty that had good maps and guns, regardless of the era

Level 18

in reply to TBundy69

You have to remember that Treyarch has policies they must follow when they make games. IW has a policy that forbids Treyarch from making games in certain eras.

Level 72

in reply to TBundy69

Thread moved to Off Topic sub-forum.

TopFighter | Community Forum Moderator

Modern Warfare, Black Ops, Ghosts

TopFighter | Community Forum Moderator

in reply to TBundy69

it should be a game that is fun to play but not set in WW II because you have already done that. i  think you should make something we have never seen before but don't make it to crazy . i cant wait to see what new ideas you've created with the zombies mode as it is definitely the best part of the game so i think you should include more maps in the on disk content and include more than one zombie map in the dlc's and include more weapons as i think there is not enough. you should make the game futuristic as that is what i liked about black ops 2 campain especially all the gadgets and equipment i got to use. 

Level 1

in reply to TBundy69

I would absolutely love WW2 again. Unfortunately I've come to the realization, they can't. When all the guns and killstreaks are dated, there isn't enough imagination and creativity to work with. When a developer is making a game in the future, the possibilities are endless.

Maybe the powers that be at Activision and the developers just need to watch Saving Pvt Ryan or Band of Brothers again. And bring back the "real" and forget about predicting the future.

Level 23

in reply to TBundy69

i thought black ops 1 and black ops 2 had damn near flawless campaigns but i do hope they go back to world at war

Level 1

in reply to Holla4sumdollas

There isn't a campaign that I haven't loved yet, from CoD4 on. They were all completely seamless until BO2. The picking of our own loadouts segmented the missions. But hey, thats a cool feature and I enjoy it anyway.

Level 23

Studios