Call of Duty Black Ops II Off Topic

Re: Treyarch's 2014 Call of Duty

in reply to TBundy69

Call of Duty: World at War II

'Nuff said.

Level 1

in reply to FISTAH

The Black Ops storyline is a continuation of World at War. So in all technicality, Black Ops should be World at War 2 and Black Ops 2 should be World at War 3.

Level 1

in reply to welcomematt

Yes Black Ops and Black Ops II may be set in the same 'universe', yet not in the same time period. To have a game set in World War II again would be great. Maybe from the other side's point of view?

Level 1
Highlighted

in reply to FISTAH

My prediction is the Korean War, as a prequel.  The game will either feature a very young Mason and Woods, or Mason's father and a young Woods.  My guess is Mason's father and a young Woods.  I think after using Mason's Son in B.O 2, using his Dad in B.O. 3 brings it all together.

It is possible Reznov is not prison yet.  He escaped from Dragovich in 1945, so it's possible he defected after his escape.  Reznov could be sent by the CIA to Korea as an intelligence asset, and then captured as part of the game.

Level 4

in reply to FISTAH

I love it!

Level 1

in reply to TBundy69

Currently, the situation is critical, but we do not need to apply "D.N.R" quite yet...

In all uncomfortable honesty, I want, foremost, some type of new or innovative or at least functionally efficient system administration above all else... Whether that means the company deputizes trustworthy volunteers who are idealistic in fighting corruption and crooked players, or there is some type of centralized autocratic figure truly reviewing and properly assessing irregular data from the violators of the Code of Conduct -- HOWEVER, IN WHATEVER FASHION, the administrative/managerial aspect here I personally believe is vital... If the next game lacks some type of new creative solution to this, "my feelings will be hurted" ...

The so-called lag is tolerable if you fine-tune your technology wisely. Utterly irrelevant to me -- The game graphics and experience is consistently excellent. Not a word of criticism in that direction... Perhaps better intrusion detection in the case of "naughty" people, however... Manipulators of the net architecture, such-like types, need restraint...

I hope I am not punished by the staff here for stating the above... Please believe me, I mean no harm or defamation. I mean no polemical devaluation at all, I am trying to be very polite in "constructive criticism"...

Level 2

in reply to Kalkiavatara

I think Treyarch should not continue the black ops stroy line because in black ops 2 theres was to many choices to be made like for example killing memendez or keeping him alive so i cant see how it would be possible, so they should either make a prequel or just make a whole new storyline  like Infinitywards doing with ghosts they didnt continue off of modernwarfar 3 but what i would like to see is them make a end of the world type storyline were terrorist make a nuke and start a nukecluer war and you play as a team of american troops each with a good skill like one is a marksmen the other explosives and a medic and so on.

Level 1

in reply to Scarcrowish

that would be cool! Please consider this treyarch

Level 1

in reply to TBundy69

Yes!!!World at war was GREAT!!Plese Treyarch made a new World War II game!! Please this will save call of duty

Level 1

in reply to TBundy69

I believe that Treyarch's next game should take place in the Vietnam War. By this I don't mean any undercover ops like the original black ops, but raw, strictly limited to the Vietnam war. with the scare tactics, guerrilla warfare, and various mutilating traps and weapons we could see that layer of grit and gore that the franchise has been missing since arguably World At War. Also the use of a dog, such as Riley, is useful in these scenarios. Realistically a dog isn't going to send three fully armed soldiers running out a door. However, in the Vietnam War dogs were actually used to sniff out traps, mines, and tunnel systems. Perhaps if the developers want they can introduce a scent cone dynamic like, that lets players control the dog and lets them sniff out traps and bombs by tracking these scent cones (scent cones were the technique taught to the dogs that helped them zero in on targets). Also perhaps have a smaller platoon instead of a large unit to have some character development. The last time I actually felt bad for a character dying was Ghost in MW2 (more or less Soap in MW3).

Level 1

Studios