VERY EXCITING NEWS REGARDING GAMEPLAY FOR CALL OF DUTY GHOST!!!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Off Topic

Re: VERY EXCITING NEWS REGARDING GAMEPLAY FOR CALL OF DUTY GHOST!!!

in reply to Izjar11

eople will still complain. But overall for the entire community, I think things will get better.

From my personal experience with dedis whenever I had an issue connection wise, it was on my end, so I could fix it. If someone decides to play with 2 tin cans and a string, its there problem not mine.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to theroc23

I have to wonder for myself will I be a superbeast in Ghosts or will I become cannon fodder?  I suspect that my connection is on par or better than most but it's certainly not the best available.  This should prove interesting.

Level 69

in reply to phxs72

I think overall people will continue to do as well or poorly reflecting their skill level.  Of course lag is a big issue but I'm betting not as many people suffer it consistently as belied by the large number of complaints.

Gotta find that perfect gun and hope I continue to have good aim. 

Level 39

in reply to leatherneck1985

We can only hope that the servers are a bit spread out and not located in a few highly populated data centers.  If they aren't spread out, might make it worse than what we have now....

Level 16

in reply to WhyNoName

I'm hoping the same, but chances are they will be only on certain areas that have the highest amount of players, which is understandable. They did test servers in BO2, maybe they will use the same ones.

I live in Finland, if they use the same servers from Choopa also in Ghosts for the current gen, i had a ~50ms ping to those and if i remember correctly the servers i played on were in the UK, France and Germany. It's okay but obviously the lower the ping is the better. And matchmaking is still the key, if they continue to make lobbies with people from all across Europe in them. latency will be an issue.

If they don't have one near me, good matchmaking and listen servers might produce better results in my case. I monitored my traffic while playing MW2 and got either host or connected to a host with less than 30ms ping and the gameplay was smooth, and this was a few weeks ago in a game with very little players left in it. The current matchmaking system BO2 uses matches me with people from Spain and France pretty consistently, so if that's not improved the dedis will (in my experience) help a bit in some cases but still provide a less than ideal experience pretty often.

Level 22

There's only some zombies missing, too bad it's not the same company making this one, ohh well. Have fun on ghosts all, i'll find a better game to play when i'm done with bo2, no time soon. ORIGINS

Level 4

in reply to ZombiesFan1

It has its own version of zombies. Its just aliens instead of zombies

Activision Ambassador
Highlighted

Ok I will preorder now!

Level 4

After hearing about this, and seeing the Squads trailer (as sometimes I like to play against bots when I nobody is online)... I feel more confident that I will be in for a better overall gaming experience than we have had in the past 3 years.

Although the game will have problems and people will have (real and imaginary) complaints, is it too early to say: "YAY"?

Activision Ambassador

As usual i believed the hype and already paid for a PS3 copy, which i'll probably end up upgrading to a PS4 version. I also feel more confident about them finally delivering more consistent connections, let's hope the matchmakng changes improve the experience because it's not been that great for the past 3 years.

If it runs like MW2 in terms of connection (i'm hopefull but sceptical on that), Ghosts might be a really good game because there  also seems to be less BS like deathstreaks in it too, which IW previously included.

Level 22

Studios