VERY EXCITING NEWS REGARDING GAMEPLAY FOR CALL OF DUTY GHOST!!!

Call of Duty Black Ops II Off Topic

Re: VERY EXCITING NEWS REGARDING GAMEPLAY FOR CALL OF DUTY GHOST!!!

rlbl wrote:

Although the game will have problems and people will have (real and imaginary) complaints, is it too early to say: "YAY"?

Yes, too early.  Servers can still crash. The game can still crash taking your PS3/4 with it. 

But at least they're sending a good message.

BTW: anyone know if the TF is in Ghosts. 

Level 39

in reply to Yppecaye_the_Dogged

There is a sight that highlights enemies, but its a little different than the tf.

Activision Ambassador

in reply to Yppecaye_the_Dogged

Bugs and system or server crashes will happen, they are annoying but something that seems to happen with a lot of games nowadays. I'm confident those will be patched ASAP, but delivering consistent connections is something both developers in the series have been struggling with so i'm hoping for an improvement there.

I'm also pretty sure no ones system has actually been destroeyd by these games even with all the freezing issues. The lasers die eventually which probably is the most common problem (this happened to my old fat 40gb model), the system can overheat during a long session, and there have been other types of HW malfunctions like the "heat paste"-issue (don't know what to call it in english) that are not caused by any certain title.

Level 22
Highlighted

in reply to leatherneck1985

It's clear to me that there was a trial with dedi's during bo2, and without knowing I was part of it. I say this because I had about six months of very good gameplay (not perfect, but v good) and not a single host migration. Had migrations early on and get them now so I wasn't on them the whole time. The difference looking back is noticeable, but as already pointed out, it won't eliminate lag/latency. That said, this is good news for those who will be lucky enough to be on Dedi's. The moaning will still pour in from those who aren't, and from those who thought dedi's would resolve everything.

Level 38

in reply to sennalike

Yep I think the only thing that dedi's really bring to the table is consistency in whatever lag you are experiencing.  So one match to the next should feel about the same even if you still feel a little behind the action.  To me that unto itself is an improvement because you can get used to having a certain amount of lag and accommodate for it much easier than what could be for some the swinging pendulum lag effect that they currently endure.  In my matches my lag is fairly consistent but it does fluctuate.  However, when they were running dedi's my hit detection was pretty reliable.

Level 69

Studios