AN-94 Nerfed Bad!

Call of Duty Black Ops II PC

AN-94 Nerfed Bad!

When a gun is clearly OP I 'get' the need for a nerf, but the AN-94's advatage like any AR was it's range and TTK (Time to Kill). There are so many Target Finders, Shot Guns, Snipers, modded guns (e.g. Rapid Fire) you name it, there needs to be a balance.

I can 'see' a 5%~10% adjustment here and there, but essentially the AN-94 with a 33% drop in most cases -- WTH?! The simplest tweak is it's RPM (Rate of Fire) where you can make small changes that do not completely obliterate a gun. Players learn motor memory and once it's imprinted it's a real pain to change it. The PDW's nerfs ended-up destroying that gun, and now it appears to be the same here.

If anything needs a 33% nerf it's C4's blast radius!

Damn it!

Changes to AN-94:

No Suppressor:

Close Head 3 (was 2) *

Close Body 3 (was 2) *

Mid Head 3 (was 2) *

Mid Body 3 (was 2) *

Long Head 3 (was 2) *

Long Body 4 (was 3) *

Suppressor:

Close Head 3 (was 3)

Close Body 3 (was 3)

Mid Head 3 (was 3)

Mid Body 4 (was 3) *

Long Head 4 (was 3) *

Long Body 5 (was 4) *

* Nerfs

Level 28
24 REPLIES

Re: AN-94 Nerfed Bad!

in reply to Momba1

I have not tried it yet since the update. Looks crap indeed.

Why do they not nerf LMGs or shotguns damage in that case?? Everydody complains about it online. The AN94 was a great way to fight LMGs campers or shotgun rushers. I don't know if it will work yet :/

Level 8

in reply to zrt23

AN really sucks now, they definitly should nerf the shotguns..

Level 1

Just tried it and as expected (in softcore), I lost many gunfights vs LMGs at medium-long range but also vs peacekeeper at medium range. Otherwise, close range fights are also a pain, 2 hitmakers at 1 meter and it's not enough to kill a knife/shotgun rusher..

What i liked with this weapon is dead. It's was very efficient at mid-long range and could kill fast at close range. Very sad

Anyway it still works fine in HC... but in Soft, it kinda sucks :/

Level 8

in reply to zrt23

Last night I thought it was broken lag or my broken aim, and then this morning I noticed some tests and I republished the findings. The AN-94 was my favorite gun and yep before I used it against Snipers in games of peek-a-boo, kept my distance with Shotgunners, and most of the time (running backwards mind you) against Knifers. In a few games I had to resort to my 'F'em' Class of Mk 48.

None of this made any sense to me until I saw the data.

IF the AN-94 was going to get a nerf then reduce it's RPM by 10%~15%...

Now the question is what do I replace it with next?? Frankly, I'm pretty perturbed right now! Thinking about the QBB LSW with Quickdraw + Stock + Extended Mags.

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

I think I will bring back the SCAR-H with quickdraw + stock. This weapon is great at any range also and has a great bullet penetration without FMJ. The only problem is it has a bigger recoil than the MK48 or LSAT lol

Level 8

in reply to zrt23

Yeah I went home for lunch and tried the SCAR-H and it's pretty close by not as good as the AN-94 before the nerf.

Still PO'ed...such is life.

The QBB LSW with Stock + Quickdraw is manageable, but even with Lightweight I still felt too slow. Pff I might go back to my SMG days and run around the map like my 'rear-end' is on fire.

Of the LMG's and depending on the game type I personally preferred the LSAT + Dual Band + Suppressor; it's a recoil thing.

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

Makes me sad but I had already started leaning towards the SMR as my go-to gun.

Level 1

in reply to infobiter

The FAL and SMR are 'good' AR's but not as good as the AN-94 'was.' The problem with both of those guns is that legit players refuse to macro 'Auto-Fire,' now bannable BTW, and find those guns were too nerfed sometime back.

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

The SMR still has an amazing 2HK range which is pretty dominating with decent accuracy.

Considering the low rate of fire I don't even see the point of using any macro's with it either.

The FAL hasn't really felt good to me since they nerfed select fire. 

Level 1

Studios