BO2 is dead while CoD4 thrives

Call of Duty Black Ops II PC

Re: BO2 is dead while CoD4 thrives

in reply to VelvetUnicor

No on BLOPS2 there's a Waller in just about every lobby but instead always-on. The older CoD titles are plagued with hackers.

Level 28

in reply to VelvetUnicor

VelvetUnicor wrote:

I gave cod4 a try yesterday after reading this thread.  It was really refreshing, and there sure are lots of people over there.  However, in one server I joined I had a really good start, gong 10-0 or something within the first minute, and someone on the other team thought I was a hacker, So what did he do? He started full on aimbotting and walling me from across the map, saying that he was "punishing me for hacking".  At least on blops 2 I dont have people walling against me because I do well, but cod4 sure was fun before that incident.

Your only mistake was playing on a server without any admins...  I have a good half dozen servers in my favorites list, and all of them are heavily adminned.... meaning no hackers at all.

In Black Ops 2 you may THINK there are no hackers... but that's only because they have to try to hide their hacks or risk a TAC ban...  In reality the # of people hacking in BO2 is through the roof, it's just not noticeable unless you REALLY look..  Instead of using "snap" aimbots and wallhacks, they use low level "aim assist" type aimbots, and 24/7 uav hacks instead of wallhacks (so they aren't staring at walls looking for enemies)

Black Ops 2 is completely overrun with hackers, whereas on CoD4 they are only on non-adminned servers...  Stay on servers with admins and there are no hackers.   

Level 4

in reply to ProperDedisNeed

ProperDedisNeeded wrote:

Your only mistake was playing on a server without any admins...  I have a good half dozen servers in my favorites list, and all of them are heavily adminned.... meaning no hackers at all.

IF (IFFFFFF) only on BLOPS2!!!!!!!

It would be a very interesting game IF there were not cheaters, my guess is that there would be 10X~20X the number of PC players all salivating for every new DLC and folks actually 'nice' to one another in the lobbies. Again, IF ... there was a BLOPS Heaven.

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

they could still bring it back with your updates and solutions...but I fear all is lost on codbo2...sad too...there were a lot of us playing regularly...but have seen my 60 friends drop to about 10 that still play...just not regularly

Level 8

now if only 99.99% of the servers on COD4 weren't HARDCORE.

Level 6

in reply to Starbuck_OS

Starbuck_OS wrote:

now if only 99.99% of the servers on COD4 weren't HARDCORE.

Yeah that's my main peeve with it. HC isn't really my thing in CoD4. BO2's HC is alright, however. I need to play it more.

Level 4

It's been a little while since I have been in COD4 but I don't have to go into the game to say that there isn't a 200,000 daily playerbase. I don't track COD4 numbers anymore but the highest peak player count since COD4 this series has seen has been in MW2 on January 18th 2010 at 124,682. Next to that would be the first Black Ops on November 15th, 2010 at 120,587.

Trust me; I have been tracking the numbers for years

Level 10

in reply to lw-dragon

lw-dragon wrote:

It's been a little while since I have been in COD4 but I don't have to go into the game to say that there isn't a 200,000 daily playerbase.

Well I've been tracking it over the past week, and it turns out you are correct..

It appears that the population is actually peaking around midnight to 3:00 am my time (which unless I'm mistaken is primetime in the UK)    -

I've yet to see less than 4,000 servers populated, which is around 60,000 players... Highest I've seen it since making this thread is 7,834 servers...

Safe to say it's peaking over 110,000 players daily.... and even during it's "downtime" there's still easily 2-3 times as many players as BO2. 

Level 4
Highlighted

ohhh yeahhh   !  I think we would get along great ... exactly the same opinion about the lobby system, I also

Level 2

Studios