Disc 2 Error

Call of Duty Black Ops II PC

Highlighted

Re: Disc 2 Error

in reply to ATVIAssist

I purchased my copy at Gamestop @ Clovis Commons in Clovis, California.  I am wondering if I can just exchange this with Activision for an Xbox copy or if I need to contact Gamestop to do that, I just don't really want to deal with it.  I could only download it to a friends computer as my ISP doesn't allow me to download such large files. 

Level 1

in reply to Ixnay1

Once again, despite asking over 4 days there is no official word on what they are going to do about it. The workaround works but thats not the point. I could have saved the effort and just downloaded it from Steam. The issue is we purchased something in good faith and they did not deliver. I wanted BO 2 and I got half of it and half of Mass Effect 2, so I got nothing but a CD key which I did not have to goto EB Games in Toronto to buy it.

Please give us something other than we are looking into it as this is not our issue but yours.

Level 1

in reply to ATVIAssist

Wal-mart in Rincon GA  zip 31326 got it on 1-12-2013. can you still play the game with out the second disc? After the steam download.

Level 1

in reply to ATVIAssist

Wal-mart in Rincon GA  zip 31326 got it on 1-12-2013. can you still play the game with out the second disc? After the steam download.

Level 1

in reply to ATVIAssist

Level 1

in reply to Echojaybird

I've bought the physical copy specifically so I wouldn't have to download the game.  This is not a "fail", we were sold a faulty/incomplete product.  What will you guys at Activision do in response to this?

(bought at 86th street gamestop, ny, ny)

Level 1

in reply to Echojaybird

I just got off the phone with Activision customer support (after an hour on hold) and was told that they can't do anything for me (ie return, exchange) because they only sell through 3rd parties like Gamestop.  I was told to try and return it to Gamestop if I was unhappy with it, which I can't due to Gamestops return policy on PC games (can't return once opened).  /sigh

Level 1

in reply to Ixnay1

Did you call and ask Gamestops? This is a exceptional case.

Level 2

in reply to DirtyMegabyte

yep, they said they nope and that they don't exchange or return pc games, just emailed an area manager through there website, we'll see what he says

Level 1

in reply to Ixnay1

Well folks

In the end if they don't do a recall on the disks I believe they will get sued and I would even contribute to the fund to get it started. There EULA does not cover this as I don’t have the game I purchased so I did not agree to the EULA

All I have to say is try and sell a car as a Ford and once someone buys it they realized it was really Ford with a Honda engine and see what happens to you. It is called fraud

Level 1

Studios