Hacker Paradise Weekend ; Stop - Free to Play Weekends!!!

Call of Duty Black Ops II PC

Hacker Paradise Weekend ; Stop - Free to Play Weekends!!!

According to the Twitter @pcdev starting now through Sunday 1 PM PDT Muliplayer BO2 is free.

Well on the 'surface' this (free) seems fine and dandy but in practice as in the past it's primarily used for folks to get a secondary temporary account and hack their butts-off this entire weekend.

Level 28
17 REPLIES

Re: Hacker Paradise Weekend ; Stop - Free to Play Weekends!!!

in reply to Momba1

Momba1 wrote:

According to the Twitter @pcdev starting now through Sunday 1 PM PDT Muliplayer BO2 is free.

Well on the 'surface' this (free) seems fine and dandy but in practice as in the past it's primarily used for folks to get a secondary temporary account and hack their butts-off this entire weekend.

Wouldn't they be better giving a "free dlc" weekend to those that bought the game, and haven't took the plunge on dlc's, that way more might buy them? Better still. give all maps free to all who bought the game on pc, then more might buy the game. Even better still, bring back server browser with proper servers, and many of the 100,000's who left cod ,would come back.

Level 13

in reply to _bhc_max_co

{bhc}max|co wrote:

Momba1 wrote:

Wouldn't they be better giving a "free dlc" weekend to those that bought the game, and haven't took the plunge on dlc's, that way more might buy them? Better still. give all maps free to all who bought the game on pc, then more might buy the game. Even better still, bring back server browser with proper servers, and many of the 100,000's who left cod ,would come back.

That is asking the developers to have some intelligence which as we all know they seem to lack otherwise the game would be far better than it is.

Level 25

in reply to _bhc_max_co

Not a bad idea for the PC. In addition, only allow the 'free' accounts access to Nuketown moshpit that way you can get away from the over abundance of hackers for the weekend. Win-Win.

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

I'm nearly convinced these free weekends are actually in place to lure in more hackers.

After all 3arc does make money off of people hacking... Any hacker banned has to buy another copy of the game to play again, which is an extra $60 for 3arc. (more if they get DLC)

Why do you think they wait so long to ban hackers once they catch them? It's to allow the hacker time to get hooked on the game, so they're more likely to come back...

Free weekends aren't going to help draw in new players... Matchmaking is sufficiently keeping everyone away from this disaster of a CoD title... All the free weekends are doing is luring back hackers who have been banned and haven't bought another copy yet...

I have no doubt whatsoever that at least 3/4ths of the sales they will get out of this free weekend will be previously banned hackers.

Matchmaking actually allows people to hack. Which further explains why they are so adamant about forcing matchmaking down our throats. They must think they make more money off of hackers then they would off of legit players.

Level 2

in reply to Matchmaking_fai

Matchmaking_fails wrote:

After all 3arc does make money off of people hacking... Any hacker banned has to buy another copy of the game to play again, which is an extra $60 for 3arc. (more if they get DLC)

Pff...I coined a term for it, search "que-a-ban" and yeah it sucks and what you said is sadly spot on.

Listen, in our voice chat rooms pretty much everyone thinks it's going to be 'cool' to test out hacks and damn I'm even half tempted to screw around with a hack account, but as I've said before 'I've thought about it a 1,000 times and 1,001 said no to myself.'

What's even crazier is folks that I know for a fact that both hate cheaters and have never hacked are encouraging me to do the same and cheat, wow talk about peer pressure to the Dark Side - OMG! If someone loses a 'free' account so what as long as they keep their legit account. It's going to be nuts this weekend! Hence this thread.

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

Oh god. Geuss I should wait until the ''free weekend'' is over, or maybe I should stop playing altogether.

Level 7

in reply to InfamousMist

This is one time where you're better off not dropping out of a lobby filled with higher ranked and prestige master players, it's the new accounts that you need to watch-out for this weekend.

Level 28

in reply to InfamousMist

Meh I played and I didn't see any cheaters in three games, it's still probably better than MW3. I think on the whole this is a good thing because we might get a bump in players once it's over.

Level 10

in reply to Obmar

Oh yeah, well last night over half of the Nuketown lobbies were jam packed with hackers...get your eyes examined IF you didn't see any.

Level 28

Studios