walls disappearing

Call of Duty Black Ops II PC

walls disappearing

the game is having serious as hell issues with walls disappearing

and ive never seen anything as bad as what i have seen in the new "buried" map ever

http://i.imgur.com/APOLj9r.jpg

Level 2
14 REPLIES

Re: walls disappearing

in reply to SKreapergaming

Level 2

Well since the rendering also is affecting other maps my feeling is a GPU driver, if you have a pre-GTX 700 series then I recommend using 314.22 which is now two generations back. Otherwise what are your specs GPU, drivers, etc.

Level 28

Decrease FOV to 80 then restart the game. PC dev tweeted it. FOV has a disclaimer on it about graphical glitches. I have a feeling the disclaimer is for stuff like this.

Level 10

in reply to Obmar

yeah i think it is the FOV, when i lower the fov to like 65 or something, every graphical glitch goes away, but i think its stupid as hell that even at 80 i get lower draw distanced in multiplayer maps

and a higher fov can give me a advantage almost like its a cheat

treyarch need to increase the draw distances, thats not hard at all to do

but even with the fov at 80 i still get the low draw distances on stuff in multiplayer, ill test the 80 fov with the wall issues in buried in just a second

even if this issue occurs with an fov above 80, treyarch were still the bad guys for letting something like this happen too easily when its so easy to prevent, and this still wouldnt happen if we still had the same high draw distances as consoles

Level 2

I use a FOV of 75-80 anything higher 'to me' is too fisheyed, otherwise do what most hardcore players do -- get a 2560 monitor. However, even using the max setting I haven't noticed any rendering glitches since I rolled-back the GPU driver.

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

okay yeah setting the FOV to 80 did solve the issue

treyarch still needs to increase the draw distances

they're not getting away with that

Level 2

Not a draw distance issue it looks like a polycount issue. More FOV means you can see more at once. Increasing that will probably raise the min system requirements.

FOV was only added because people were requesting it cause I saw pcdev reply a while back that by popular demand 90 FOV will be added. I doubt they would raise system requirements on a released game to compensate for a user requested feature. That could screw over people who already paid for the game. Hence why they threw that disclaimer on FOV in the menu.

Level 10

in reply to Obmar

It's not only a 'requirement' issue it's more often a driver issue; fix one game bust another. In my case it was clearly a driver issue; see - https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/546160/geforce-500-400-series/bug-bo2-rendering-gtx-560-sli... In particular the newer nVidia drivers on pre-GTX 700's have been a hit or miss, on the GTX 500's 314.22 is what's needed to fix most issues in BO2 but the GTX 600's the latest driver 320.49 seems to be fine.There is a 322.41 beta but I'm not a huge Beta fanboy if I have a WHQL that works.

Level 28

in reply to Momba1

Well the requirements portion only comes into play if they try to fix the problem. The fix would probably be to change the game to up the max polycount at once, which in turn decreases performance since you are drawing more.

It might be a driver thing, certainly worth looking into. Although I see both ATI/nVidia complaints to pcdev on twitter, which might indicate it's not the driver.

Level 10

Studios