Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

wiimotes now screwed

Level 14
91 REPLIES

Re: 24.106.17

in reply to onlyUSEmeMARIO

Because the Wii Remote's successfulness was entirely dependant upon Aim Assist? 

in reply to A_Trey_U

A_Trey_U wrote:

Because the Wii Remote's successfulness was entirely dependant upon Aim Assist? 

That was the only thing that made it balanced.  I'm sure you've read the DA vs Wiimote threads from a while back.  After the hotfix they could aim through walls and so could we.  They had a sticky lock on effect and so did we.  It was ridiculous but at least it was balanced for 2 days.  I'm in favor of a DA aim assist nerf as opposed to a Wii mote aim assist buff by the way.  I didn't like the wii mote buff idea...but at least it was fair. 

What exactly are you planning to nerf?  I'm a little confused as to what the problem is if DA users have had this crazy aim assist since launch, but when the Wiimote get it, it's too much.  You said it was being abused?  DA users have been camping and aiming through walls this whole time.  What's different now?  What is being abused exactly? 

Level 33

in reply to A_Trey_U

Is not just that. Is just unfair that the dual analog always could get the AA tru a wall, and now that the wiimote has it, is an exploit. Anyway the wiimote still has a lot of bad stuff to deal with like....lot of dead frames, picking up guns while trying to use scoretreaks...........

Level 1

in reply to AlienTard

This may be true but it is still an exploit for the wii remote because it will lock on. DA will have a drag but not a full lock on the enemy.

Level 5

in reply to A_Trey_U

Long time lurker, first time poster.

No, the success of either scheme depends on a level playing field.  It isn't level right now, but I think you guys already know that.  

Have you guys considered just ever-so-slightly shrinking down the reticle for the Wii remote?  I don't think you even need a sticky reticle or a snap to make long-time Wiimoters like me happy.  Just adjust the spray cone/spread for both hipfire and ADS.  I mean, you can barely squeeze the trigger on the GamePad and drop someone, but empty half a clip (while ADS, no less) with the remote, count five hit markers, and they could still be standing.  And then kill you with a three-round burst.

I've relied on hipfire in every past COD on Wii, but not here.  IR controls are supposed to be different; trying to shoehorn them into feeling like DA with a sticky/snap misses out on what makes the Wiimote fun.

IMHO, of course.

Level 1

in reply to onlyUSEmeMARIO

24.102.16 the balance DA. to Wiimote was perfect, now i sale this game and it was my last cod game since WaW... good bye Cod

Level 1

in reply to Octuman

You are selling the game because we had to turn off Wii Remote Aim Assist for a few weeks?  Sorry to hear that. 

in reply to A_Trey_U

sorry, but i spend a lot of nerves the last 2 month for 2 days of fun in game!?!?! and now it is broken again!!! the last thing i want is to die in front of my tv to have a coronary!!! fix it for some wiimote players please but for me is it enough... can do better things with my time... peace

Level 1

in reply to A_Trey_U

@ A_Trey_U: I think Octuman and several wiimote users were shocked that after they finally got some controls to compete with others after 2 months waiting time (which us Wiimote users believed would be in the game right from the start) were taken away again just a couple of days later.

My impressions so far:

24.102.16: Good Wii Mote Controls, good connections for most of my friends but random connection quality for me

24.103.16: Strange, over-sensitive Wii Mote Controls, improved connection quality on my end (but only played for about 2 hours before next hotfix was released) Was this hotfix really just to improve connection quality?

24.106.17: Better Wiimote Controls again but with less Target Assist, Connection quality seems stable for me. I had the chance to play only a few matches so far but the big shock which came with the 24.103.16 hotfix was over. So, my first impression of the latest hotfix is quite positive.

Level 6

Studios