@ A_Trey_U, WEIRD WIIMOTE BUG?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

@ A_Trey_U, WEIRD WIIMOTE BUG?

I noticed it first time yesterday while playing Kill Confirmed, there was a player on my team who was playing just normally, but then all the sudden he started to walk around and he was turning in the same, walking circles and that's it.

At first I thought he was just messing around, but then when he did it for the remaining 3 minutes and was just being killed, I started to think if he really sees something funny about it, well I ended up thinking he is just some guy who had stop playing and didn't leave the match.

And now, today, I've seen at least 3 players to have this problem, walking around doing circles, looking around the sky and thats it.

I was confused about it, but then when I got to play Hardpoint, it happened to me as well, now  I figured that this is nothing new, maybe my cursor just went off from the sensor bar, the behaviour was exactly like it, but I didn't get the red cross showing that my cursor is away from the range.

I tried to take off my batteries, put them back, but nothing, not even when I was killed, only way to make it stop was to grab the gamepad, log into the match with it and then just leave and start the console again.

Since the gamepad worked fine, I assume this is Wiimote only issue, I didn't have low battery, there was no sun light blocking the Wiimote and it just started all the sudden without any reason, usually when this stuff happens, it's enough if you remove your battery and start the Wiimote again.

Might be that it has nothing to do with the game, but if you could check this out, it would be highly appreciated.

Thanks.

Level 18
17 REPLIES

Re: @ A_Trey_U, WEIRD WIIMOTE BUG?

in reply to Convict7

Just to add to make it more clear, I was unable to do anything, my controls didn't response, I couldn't shoot, jump, almost as the mote would of been damaged somehow, but it's working fine again.

Level 18

in reply to Convict7

Convict7 wrote:

Might be that it has nothing to do with the game,

I'm not a betting man, but i'll bet my house it has everything to do with the game..

Level 13

in reply to pauly02

It's a 50/50 chance, but, no one has even mentioned about this before me, as far as I'm aware, I wouldn't have mentioned about it, I just figured that those people were away from the game, but it happened to me as well and there was nothing else I could of done, not sure if leaving the match would of done the trick, but I just thought that it's best to restar the whole thing.

Has this been going on for longer or did it just start all the sudden, anyone else had this, or seen people get it?

Level 18

in reply to Convict7

I noticed something like it in domination, i was running towards an enemy, he turned to look at me aimed down sights and then started spinning, so i killed him and went on about my business lol

Level 2

in reply to Convict7

Bump.

Level 18

in reply to Convict7

Hmm... I remember this happening to me, BUT on the Wii CoDs. The remote just stopped registering anything at all and froze wherever the pointer was last, but the game continued working.

However, this hasn't happened to me yet on BO2. Perhaps it is only a bug that got ported over?

Level 17

in reply to ClonedLF

This happens when your batterys go. Maybe your gamepad interfered with your game as that has an inbuilt sensor.

It happened to me once, when I caught my gamepad with my elbow, which made it the primary controller and my mote wouldnt register - there was no way to switch back so I had to restart the console

Level 14

in reply to onlyUSEmeMARIO

It wasn't that either. The controller was still on, but stopped responding. Also, it couldn't have been the gamepad, because it was in the Wii.

Level 17

in reply to Convict7

What you described are the exact symptoms of the batteries going dead.  Actually if you want to get picky it's the wii remote not getting any power. Which is normally due to the batteries being dead.  If your batteries are fine then it sounds like your remote is crapping out.

Level 33

Studios