Are you still going to play?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Are you still going to play?

I for sure am still going to play the Wii after the WiiU is released. I'm sure I won't be the only one to do so,

I was just wondering how many of you are still going to play too.

Level 21
21 REPLIES

Re: Are you still going to play?

in reply to sovietcookie

Depends, but probably not. The U will probably take the physical space that the Wii uses in my shelf, but it is backwards compatible, so who knows.

Level 17

in reply to sovietcookie

No. Well maybe when I am super bored.

Level 30

in reply to sovietcookie

I won't be playing the Wii for a long time.  Aside from Black Ops 2 there's a big list of games I want in the launch window and they will keep me busy.  My wii will be moved to the spare bedroom and only used as a backup for if/when my Wii U needs repairs or on the rare occasion that I want to play an old Gamecube game.

Level 33

in reply to sovietcookie

why play the wii when you can play the wii through the U?

i did make a post about how nintendo is going to release one more update to the wii which allows a one time transfer from the wii to the U.....sending all of its files and memory to the U, causing the Wii to reformat itself and be wiped out.

you wont be the only one playing the wii.....but you will be one of few to play the wii through the U.

Level 47

in reply to Elite King

EliteKing wrote:

why play the wii when you can play the wii through the U?

A good reason would be less wear and tear on the Wii U disc drive.  Even though i'm sure they made improvements to the drives this time around, and the Wii U won't be loading as much from the disk, the Wii games will still load from the disk.  So Black Ops and MW3 will put just as much strain on the disk drive as it ever did.  Even though the drives are better now it's still something to consider.

@Everyone: That's brings another question for which I can't find an answer.  We all know that framerate drops occur when the hardware can't handle the game.  Take a pc for example.  If your setup can't handle the game at a certain graphics setting, then framerate drops will occur.  Tone down the settings, or beef up the hardware, and you solve the problem.  How will this work on Wii U with Wii games that pushed the Wii too hard and caused framerate drops?  The Wii U will have more than enough horsepower to run the games.  So if MW3 can't hold 30fps (the max for that game) on the Wii because the Wii can't handle it, will it hold 30fps on the Wii U with the beefed up hardware?  I don't know that it will, but I can't think of a reason as to why it wouldn't.

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

I would think that the wii u will handle MW3 much better when it comes to framerate.   Lag will still be an issue (and frame discrepencies because of it).  What I'm not sure of is how they implemented the wii vm inside of the wii u, and how "efficient" it will be running on this new hardware.  I would put my money on a better experience for legacy games.

Level 9

in reply to SysEng123

Hi Frank! I only worked out this was the Godfather today!

Level 4

in reply to SysEng123

I'm not even sure online multiplayer will be possible if you use the Wii U to play MW3.

I mean....does old PS2 games with online multiplayer able to access said multiplayer when played on ps3? I don't think so...

Level 33

in reply to sovietcookie

As not all members of my clan will be getting the wii u straight off the bat, I will definitely be playing with those people as much as possible until they get one.

Level 29

Studios