Bots for Vacant Players

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Bots for Vacant Players

Sometimes you can't find a game. Sometimes it takes 30 minutes to find one and then the lag is so heavy you quit.

Why not start the friggin' game with bots and let players come into the games naturally. When the player is loaded the bot dies and the real player spawns.

The problem with no one playing Headquarters, Hardpoint, FFA, Demolition, etc. - or any of the games really - is it's tough to find a lobby. Oftentimes they don't exist - no players anywhere. Instead of waiting around in a lobby by yourself - the system should spawn with bots and get the game going! At least there would be a game in progress someone else could lobby into.

Spawn with a random assortment of bot difficulties.

Don't allow the players to get recordable XP for bot kills.

It would be better than waiting in a lobby growing old.

Level 9
15 REPLIES

Re: Bots for Vacant Players

in reply to LastShadowCOD

Agreed.

Level 30

Great idea

Level 11

clever

Level 13

The other issue is wating for that 1 or 2 players to fill out a lobby for the game to start.

This would solve that issue and get more people playing the games they want.

Once you reach the minimum number of players for the game - the bots don't respawn. Although, I wouldn't backfill - meaning, if you lose players refill the spot with bots - that's too much and not productive.

Level 9

I see one problem. Veteran Bots will ruin everything with their OP aim, and the rest of the difficulties will give out free scorestreaks. Meaning the only people that will join are people who suck at the game, and honestly I rather do combat training than play with bots and bad players.

Level 11

in reply to GermanicMexican

I hear you - but hopefully - real players would join before it became a problem.

Level 9

in reply to GermanicMexican

You diffinitely cant play on veteran bot in combat.....lol..I find that on regular setting, they are close to  humans.

Level 2

in reply to MissContinued

Okay - so put "regular" bots in there - as long as the game starts.

Something else they could do - (but I don't think it would be received well) - is have the game with only nearby (ping time) players. Use bots for the other slots. If not very many nearyby players joined then the entire game would be partial real/partial bot.

Not ideal - and it's slow playing with the minimum compliment of players, but at least it wouldn't (perhaps?) lag.

Level 9

Kick ass idea, but bots don't have wallets. Won't happen.

Level 23

Studios