I'm REALLY TIRED of EMP grenades!! They are OP! I'd like to know what A_Trey_U thinks about them

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

I'm REALLY TIRED of EMP grenades!! They are OP! I'd like to know what A_Trey_U thinks about them

Ok, it's the second time that I say this and I'm really pissed off (not with A_T_U, with emp grenades I mean )

It's not easy to get an AGR, but it's very very easy to destroy them it a stupid EMP grenade

Same for AGR, rc-xd, guardian, and dragonfire.

You can randomly launch them and destroy everything because their blast radius is very wide and works through every type of wall

A_Trey_U do you think that it's normal that I have to kill 10-12 enemies to get an AGR and then enemies can destroy it in just 2 seconds with a stupid grenade? Do I have to suppose that AGR, sentry gun, guardian and so on are useless?? Is it possible that a stupid grenade that everybody can equip after few levels is more powerful than something very hard to get? You have to admit that is very frustrating to see your AGR destroyed so easily in a couple of seconds

I think that the EMP grenades:

• 1) Should be available at an higher level (not less than level 45)
  • 2) Should be only one and not 2
  • 3) Blast radius should be less wide
  • 4) Should be unable to work through the walls (at least big walls and metallic walls)

You can destroy everything with missile launchers and FMJ, so why there are also EMP grenades, and most of all why they are so powerful?
Do I have to think that Treyarch hates the killstreaks?
I just played demolition for a couple of hours and there were so many EMPs in all the matches, nobody was able to use sentry gun, guardian, AGR, bouncing betty, claymore and so on. A lot of people used to randomly lauch them at every respawn even without reason ( I mean when there was nothing to destroy) and you know why? Because they are cheap and they are OP. You can easily reach your objective throwing them on your way

Let's remember what a single EMP grenade can do:

• destroys killstreaks rewards
  • destroys letal grenades (betty, c4, claymore)
  • destroys tacticals (electric, trophy sistem, tactical insertion, sensor grenade)
  • blocks every type of sight for a lot of seconds
  • makes you unable to call your killstreaks for a lot of seconds

Don't you think this is too much power for a grenade?

Thanks for your reply

PS: I hope that my English is good enough to be understood

Level 6
62 REPLIES

Re: I'm REALLY TIRED of EMP grenades!! They are OP! I'd like to know what A_Trey_U thinks about them

in reply to LucaPac

You could always just use Hardwired if they bother you that much...

Level 37
Highlighted

Re: I'm REALLY TIRED of EMP grenades!! They are OP! I'd like to know what A_Trey_U thinks about them

in reply to nintendon_t

Look at the list of what a single grenade can do and tell me if they aren't OP...

It's much more powerful than the grenades available at higher level

Level 6

in reply to LucaPac

I sort of agree. The effects of the grenades last LONGER than the killstreak EMP Systems's effect. That's just off to me. You could always use hardwired Jokes aside though, I disagree that they are completely op. Your vision isn't exactly affected, and if you can't aim without your red dot its not the end of the world.

Level 14

in reply to LucaPac

They are designed to mess up electrical stuff.

Level 6

in reply to LucaPac

Powerful, yes. OP, no.

What I think Treyarch should do is reduce the EMP effect to three seconds or so, similar to how it was in MW3. Everything besides that should be left alone; after all, the whole purpose of the grenade is to take out equipment and scorestreaks.

Level 26

in reply to LucaPac

Underpowered, you should be able to take down helicopters with it, like MW3!

Level 30

in reply to LucaPac

I can easily destroy an AGR wth a singlr c4 as soon as it came in. Same with sentry guns, guardians, dragonfires...and it can kill people! C4 is op, nerf it treyarch!

Level 33

in reply to Padiego

If it can kill you, it needs a nerf.

Level 30

in reply to LucaPac

If you ask me, EMP grenades should only temporarily disable Guardians, Sentry Guns, and Dragonfires like they do to the AGR. I'm still grinding for the Baked to Perfection calling card, and you don't know how many Guardians have been destroyed within five seconds because some schmuck has EMP grenades and Engineer.

I have no problem with what EMP grenades do to bouncing betties, shock charges, etc.

Level 2

Studios