Mote Reticle Off - Killcam Related?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Mote Reticle Off - Killcam Related?

I know someone mentioned it already and I don't know about DA, but the reticle is off for mote (at least) - every gun I've tried has the reticle dot not aligning with sight when ADS'd. It seems slightly different for each gun - low and then to the right or left.

It seems to me the killcam reticle was off by about the same amount - are they related or ? Because having the killcam off is arbitrary compared to the in-game ADS'ing always off target.

Level 9
22 REPLIES

Re: Mote Reticle Off - Killcam Related?

in reply to LastShadowCOD

Is this for every gun or just scoped weapons?

I think I know what Barolb means now but didn't realise it affected all weapons.  This would explain why I'd ADS and be shooting only to find that I'm having to correct a whole bunch.  Figured it was just due to lag because players are split due to everybody not being updated to the latest patch yet, or my change of sensitivity because of some weirdness with the controls :/  Doesn't help, sure enough, but this would explain a lot.

The KillCam has always been off and doesn't really affect anything other than making certain players whine and complain about a wiimote getting a kill without actually aiming at them, blah blah.  But I can see how it would be affected much more than previously.

I'm not going to be happy if this is the only patch we get and this is the final result.

Level 10

in reply to bughunt

It appears that the reticle is off (for mote anyway) based on the angle of the gun. It's strange - and it appears that if you are aiming cross screen (not out of the dead zone so your character moves to adjust) the reticle is ever-increasing off the mark.

Really annoying for me because I'm constantly in and out of ADS.

I just tested it with a few games and a few guns and it appears to be off for that reason.

Also - the killcam looks fixed (I think) - I don't know if they're related or not.

Level 9

YES! THANK YOU! I'm not off my rocker and totally crazy!

I thought that this might just be me. It seemed like before nobody else was having trouble with the scope flying off somewhere when using the Wii Remote, so I thought it had to do with my settings.However, it seems I'm not the only one, so I can no confirm that it is not just me anymore!

This is similar to what happens when I'm sniping, well before when I was actually active at least. It got really annoying, but I put up for it for quite a long time, actually. Where I am aiming at is not actually where the scope goes

Likewise, I was thinking the angle of the gun has something to do with it. When it is not at the center of the screen, I found it had issues. Otherwise it worked fine. Sometimes it would not aim off, and other times it would.

I just noticed I spelled reticle wrong a few times. Oops XD

Level 12

in reply to barolb

Killcam is still off - so it doesn't appear to be a "feature" added while trying to correct the Killcam.

Level 9

Live Recording 2014 08 08 1 11 AM - YouTube

This is pretty much the issue in its entirety, I guess. I recorded this last night before I went off from my 3 hour session. I only tested it on sniper rifles since I didn't really notice it on any regular weapons... Well, that is until a few hours ago.

Level 12

in reply to barolb

Damn, I see what you mean.  Looks like it affects every weapon, too.

Have you tried altering your deadzones to see if that has any effect on this?  I only mention this because I play with practically no deadzones and hadn't noticed it was that bad.  I'll give it a try later on, but try reducing your deadzones right down and hold A to lock the screen so that you can free-aim.  Then ADS and see if it still happens.

Also, have a play around with ADS while turning.  I think they've tweaked that and got it to work without stalling like it used to.  However, I think it caused this new problem.

Level 10

in reply to bughunt

HHere we go with shit again .Wii Mote was perfect why the hell did the mess with it .

Level 4

in reply to xBulletDodgerx

To be fair, I understand why they they attempted to include that fix.  It was in the buglist for a while but never got addressed before support ended.  Looks like they attempted to squeeze a whole bunch of fixes in with the update for Nuketown2025.  I am thankful of this, but these other issues kinda counter it out.

But yeah, after players getting used to it and finding work arounds, it really annoys to find that other issues have appeared as a result.  This offset aiming could be a bit of a biggie, too.

Level 10

in reply to barolb

I just finished doing some testing similar to what you did in your video.  This is after the Wii U being shutdown after some playtime post update.

Not quite sure what I've done but I no longer have the aiming issues that you were showing.  It was minor to start with and I did a whole bunch of messing around with control style settings and found that it is now behaving like it was prior to the update :s

I meant to take a note of all of my settings, but I'm back to having 1 for both vertical and horizontal for the deadzone at the hip, and 1 for both vertical and horizontal deadzone ADS.  Camera turn speed is back at 40 horizontal and 38 vertical for both hip and ADS.  My sensitivity is is around 22 now.  Scoped weapons are precision and floating.  All back to normal only with sensitivity now at 22 to try and counter the sluggish turning after sprinting.

I emulated what you were doing in the video only holding A to lock the screen (no deadzones meant I would turn).  I'd position the reticule over a manaquin head and then ADS.  I'm back to landing right on target as before.  Firing right after blows the manaquin head off.  A test against bots confirms it is all working fine without any hiccups.

This is tested with full scope, ACOG, Iron Sights and various other random weapons.

The only issues I have left is with some weird and heavy turning and the sluggish movement after trying to turn right after sprinting.

EDIT

Went back on and tested using your deadzones without any issues.  I can hover the reticule over a target without needing to hold A, ADS, and be right on target.

I messed around with the default settings on the Gamepad before going back to "Professional" and tweaking the settings back to how I had them from there.

I'm back to all of my previous settings (except with cursor sensitivity set to 22).

Make a note of all your settings and then mess around with the defaults before tweaking it all back to how you had it.  This is the only thing I can think that I did and the aiming works normal now.

Level 10

Studios