Nice "article" on BO2 WiiU numbers

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Nice "article" on BO2 WiiU numbers

Found this to be interesting...

http://www.gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=192666

This is why support is grim. I can't really blame Activision for not supporting their lowest sales figure base...or more accurately put: I'm not surprised they don't support their lowest sales figure base.

My only gripe is if you sell something to someone, you support it and dedicate a separate staff solely to the WiiU. This greatly improves your potential for higher sales going forward. If you don't...you miss revenue opportunity.

Level 23
20 REPLIES

Re: Nice "article" on BO2 WiiU numbers

in reply to M4GNUM

It's a NEW CONSOLE of course it will not sell as many as the others - but the support should be there and the total sales will be much larger - starting after Christmas

Just think of how many WII U's have never even been turned on just wrapped and setting under the tree

Sales are just about exactly where I thought they would be and I am sure that Activision knew this as well.

Level 2

in reply to gWiiVer

Agree. For some it's hard enough to choke up $60 for the game, let alone $300 or $350 for the console. The WiiU I bought for my kids and I've been secretly playing it, updating it, etc so it's ready to go on Xmas Day. I couldn't wait, LOL.

After Xmas day when the game and console are unwrapped, we should see quite a bump.

Level 23

in reply to M4GNUM

2 things. Firstly the TDM leaderboards go down to 22`000,so if 23`000 is the actual figure, it tells me that everyone who has bought the game is playing it and is probably an adult of kid (fissure) who can afford it. Also this tells me that the parents who bought the console for their kids, didnt think the game being rated 18, is right for a xmas present.

So I wouldnt expect an increase in online players on xmas day (no jingle noobs ) - BUT it will increase slowly through the year as people get sick of playing Mario and ZombiU.

The problem is that the wii sold many more copies coz the console was already in place, and the vast majority of those players wont make the leap to pay £300 for the new console just to play BO2 (unlike me!)

Like I said before, if I was an analog player, id deffo have bought the much cheaper and much more supported xbox. But im all about the wiimote, it gives me 3 legs

Level 26

in reply to s7ra1gh7upb3as7

Good point about the game rating...didn't think about that. Most consoles will be gifted with Mario, etc.

Level 23

in reply to M4GNUM

It didnt stop them getting it for the Wii , but as xmas presents, any parent worth their salt isnt going to get the child into a 18 game like COD - especially with what happened with the kid in the states who went on a rampage with a gun and the day it was revealed he was a COD addict, and did the prestige master thing in 3 days!!

Thats not to say they`ll not get the game eventually. The worrying thing is if figures dont increase, they may be no more cods made for the U - I mean 23`000 copies is abysmal

Level 26

That's not true. Most parents don't care. My parents let me get all of the Grand Theft Auto games back when I was 10-12 years old lol.

Level 37

in reply to nintendon_t

Yeah, and look what a troll they dragged up So coz your parents let you do it, it simply isnt true??

Lets say your right, and we are only going to have 23`000 games sold, and 1500 players online, then we`ll get no more COD games, and deffo no support/map packs/etc etc

Level 26

in reply to nintendon_t

and i watched R movies at the age of 2... didnt matter.

ps. if you have a kid and he watches something rated R. preffer ones where the bad guy isnt human, almost garntees the good guy as the role model.

Level 22

The Xbox/PS3 are going to have maybe a year or 2 tops of relevant games while the Wii U will have at least 4-5.

Level 37

Studios