So, BO2, WiiU. Your experience?

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

So, BO2, WiiU. Your experience?

So it seems this forum is dying and there's little else to say. So I thought I would ask, what was your experience of the game, multiplayer in particular. Anything and everything about it, weapon balance, kill/death streaks, connection, any opinions that you want to throw out there. I know some of you won't agree with other peoples comments, i'm sure I won't either, but that's not the point of this thread. I just want to get a balanced view of everyone who can be bothered to comment, with no flaming of any individuals. That would be great. So, just for once, lets get together as a community and share our experiences with maturity, and i'll promise to put my big boy trousers on and act my age too. Thanks for your time. Peace!

Pauly..

Level 21
42 REPLIES

Re: So, BO2, WiiU. Your experience?

in reply to WiimotesRus02

quickscope ops. lack of support, report features that do NOTHING, idk. i play zombies, solo i have the best rank on the board, also a few multi records like 2nd for 4 player, and even there i got beat out by two people who sign in guest accounts to exploit the game mode. ive reported, complained to foxhound and others in charge of support like emillioguns (sorry if mis-spelled) and nothing gets done. keep in mind that for 1st for four player. if they give two sh!ts about the honest players then whats the point? same exact issue with three player. since about 2 months ago. theater is incredibly screwed up, nobody cares. dont get free maps like the others? nobody cares. between listening to little kids blare music and spin in circles holding hands im just to the point where i dont care. maybe thats what they intended to happen, but now ghost is coming? hopefully i will have a ps4, i cant even get a response on whether or not wireless headsets will be supported, nevermind how ridiculous it is that we have to ask.

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

I wish you weren't getting PS4 but I can't say I blame you, if you can use those controls then good luck buddy

Level 21
Highlighted

Well, if i were to write* it, then it would be as follows:

Campaign:

I liked some of the twists the campaign had (won't mention them), and the multiple endings bit was a nice touch, and gave an interesting look at the "what if" possibilities that could have or would have, or did happening (there's no way to properly state it, afterall). I still liked Black Ops 1's campaign better just because Hudson showed how to put sunglasses on like a badass.

Zombies:

From the limited time i can actually play it, it's alright. I could never get past round 13 (which happens to be that number that ALWAYS finds me), but i enjoyed being able to go on the bus and travel around to different map areas, although it felt like instead of it being a giant map with interconnected areas like other, previous, maps, this feels more like a long line which sometimes won't benefit you to take by foot over bus. Sometimes by foot leads to awesome secrets, but then it's not a secret anymore if you end up having to go out and get it. If Call of Duty survives another round to lead Treyarch to give the final hurrah, then i'd say to take advantage of programming at its core, and create dynamic maps which will not always be the same. You play one game, and everyone goes down. Next time you startup the game, everything, not just some things, but EVERYTHING is different. It's one thing to make item locations different, but maybe take a note from Animal Crossing. So many different towns could be generated, and likewise could be the same for zombies. It would make things much more intensive. Of course, having some things the same is still important, but having a room's layout be different from how it was previously would surely be an interesting way of changing up the game. I Applaud Treyarch on the easter eggs they included. Although Wii U zombies only has 1 map, there are still many easter eggs which they successfully ported over to make it the same as the other versions. Now my one issue with zombies is how it disconnects me too often, and sometimes makes it impossible to stay online for more than a couple seconds. Multiplayer has never been that bad with the disconnects... Which, apparently, people on Miiverse have stated that they also have had similar issues.

Multiplayer:

Target Finder shouldn't have been in the game. Wii Remote sniping should have less sway and the glitches associates with it annoy the hell out of me (i went online today and they still persist when i'm not careful). The lag associated with lack of players is annoying, but the lag when there is no lack of players is just as annoying. The maps are alright, but i don't really like Aftermath very much. Standoff seems to be the map i get the most clips on; Hijacked too, and also Slums and Carrier, and Express. My favorite map is probably Express since i like complex designs that also have symmetry to them. There's a reason why i loved the map "Complex" from The Conduit, despite how broken the map was, it was perfectly symmetrical and offered confusion in telling where an enemy or teammate was when in some parts of the map. Express offers that a bit, but the symmetry of the map is probably the thing i like the most about it.

Target Finder is all too common in the game. Most guns i pick up are target finder, and me trying to pull off gun game in publics, i find it difficult to not end up with a target finder gun. Of course, if i have no choice, i'll still use it (i haven't even gotten that target finder callsign yet to boot), but the presence of this one attachment rivals that of Ballistics CPU for snipers. Unlike Ballistics CPU, it's not an attachment that could aid the player without taking away too much, but Target Finder just acts way too helpful. An explosion could occur near a player, and smoke could rise. Use Target Finder, and you can still find them through the smoke! That is the job of a different attachment, NOT target Finder. Sometimes you can aim at random walls that you know another player is on the other side of, and the red diamond will light them up easy! It's a glitched, and broken, attachment. I get that every CoD game has to have that one "it will piss you off" variable, but this took it way too far X_X

Now, as for controllers, nice job on including 4 different controllers into the game. Some people liked it greatly, i'm sure. Some people, like me, just stuck with Gamepad and Wii Remote though. Get the Wii remote straightened out in Ghosts for those buying it though, and fix the perception of Wii Remote sniping a bit. I know it was going downhill since Black Ops Wii, but i'm beginning to believe that the ratio of Wii remote snipers to total play count is at least 1:100, or worse. One man can only do so much, and it seems that even if i try it just backfires!

Lastly, i'll include my funny/awesome short stories while playing:

-I got a ricochet sniper kill off of a teammate's Assault Shield

-My sniper bullet once ricocheted off of a building wall and caused a truck to explode, also getting me a kill (theatermode wasn't working, but during the entire game i'm nowhere near that particular truck, nor did i previously shoot at it!)

-Lag caused a player to jump at me when i was just about to take them out with the KSG, and then when i realign to their new position and shoot, the bullet misses and i die X_X

-I've been spawned into my own semtex, as it exploded

-I've spawned into an exploding care package

-I ninja jumped an obstacle and took out a guy infront of me after jumping off (thank you dexterity and lightweight)

-I came into a lobby where someone over mic started saying "I don't wanna be a chicken, i don't wanna be a duck so i shake my butt"

-I pissed off a person to the point where they dedicated an entire Miiverse post about me being a hacker

-I've landed across map Ballistic Knife shots and Crossbow shots respectively

-There have been 4 times where i got, and should have gotten, a bloodshirsty medal with the Crossbow and didn't unlock the final camo, despite it being the last camo i have to unlock for the weapon...

-I managed to take down 3 players with 3 different pistols in about 6 seconds.

-I have gotten a single bloodthirsty medal with 5 different guns (publics gun game FTW)

-I trapped my teammate in the corner once while an enemy player watched

-I proclaimed to a target finder player that i would get a triple headshot feed on them the next time i spawn... I get a triple headshot feed on everyone BUT this player, and infact they actually kill my streak at the end

-I got a collateral headshot firstblood, final kill (kill cam included), wall bang, on a player dolphin diving, as an actual Wii Remote quickscope, and got one in a "get turned on" moment

-I got a triple headshot feed with the KSG

-One of my triple headshot feeds, with the sniper, has exactly 1 frame where all 3 headshots can be seen in the feed

-The only on screen gun quad feed i've ever gotten was with the SMR. One of the players had a mic and said "****" as one of my teammate's characeters shouted "on me": "**** on me".

-I have more than 10 failed triple headshot feed clips, where only 1 kill in the feed is a body shot instead of a headshot. At least 2-3 of them should have been headshots.

-Black Ops 2 has screwed me out of 2 triple collateral headshot clips, and 3 triple collaterals on Black Ops Wii.

-My first triple headshot feed on Black Ops Wii was an extended triple headshot feed (4 players). My first triple headshot feed on Black Ops 2 was an extended triple headshot feed + 1 extra headshot, bringing the total to 5 players. Both times were with the weakest sniper rifles in each respective game

-I once made a kid cry (actual crying) because i sniped with the Wii Remote

-I sniped a player on Aftermath, while they're holding a semtex, and the semtex goes flying out of their hand and explodes on contact with the ground infront of me... They did not throw it, but the semtex went flying in a random direction after they died.

Since those moments may or may not manifest themselves into actual videos, i posted them all here. Those are most of my good, the bad and the ugly moments on Black Ops 2.

In closing, Treyarch, please at least make Ghosts enjoyable for those who will buy it.

Edit:*

Level 12

I found the WiiU version of BO2 much more fun than the PS3 version however I rarely play either versions because 1. WiiU has no COD DLC. 2. Bored of BO2 on PS3.  I go back to them sometimes.

Level 6

is the playerbase as immature on all consoles because i had to leave a good number of games last night due to teamates running behind me shooting at me and trying to trap me in corners...barolb, i left the one match you joined around 4am eastern time after a kid doing this told me he would put his dad on the mic after i told him he was an a$$hol3 for doing what i just described. i said go ahead id like to explain to him why his son is going to get console banned for cheating and his 350 console would make a nice paperweight. he shut up right away lol.

Level 29

in reply to BobbyMcGee

I think i ended up joining you 4 times throughout my session last night, actually. There were very few lobbies open, so we ended up in the same lobbies a couple times. I'm pretty sure its happened other times too. A while back when i was showing screen caps of some of my triple headshot feeds, someone pointed out who was also in the feed in this particular screencap XD:

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t420/barolb/ScreenShot2013-10-21at114657AM.png

The time stamp from that clip is March 17th, 3:43AM O_o I believe this was my third triple headshot feed/split triple headshot feed. I don't remember that game completely, but i do remember that i picked that SVU up off the ground before i got that clip. I didn't even notice you were in it until it was pointed out to me X_X

Sometimes it's funner to screw with people more so than to get them to be quiet, although that might be because i have a bit of a troll side to myself. And, I only trap campers in corners, unless i'm trying to be a real jerk in-game.

Interestingly enough, i don't have to act like a jerk in-game to get teabagged...

Level 12

in reply to barolb

Going off topic here, there is a pm facility.

Level 21

The good

• Wiimote support
  • The pick 10 system
  • Prestiging weapons
  • Nice graphics (compared to the good old wii, not compared to xbox/ps3/pc)
  • Bigger teams (compared to the good old wii, not compared to xbox/ps3/pc)
  • More kill streaks (compared to the good old wii, not compared to xbox/ps3/pc)
  • No truncated or missing maps in the original release ((compared to the good old wii, not compared to xbox/ps3/pc)
  • Emblems editor (compared to the good old wii, not compared to xbox/ps3/pc)

The bad

• Networking (lag comp./hit detection): too many many many many times when flanking an enemy and shooting a good few bullets in the side of the enemy's body he turns around and kills me with 2 hits ("wtf? deaths").
  • Over the top fast paced arcadish game (the internet ping/latency nor the animations can keep up with the speed)
  • Spawning:  it's too aggressive: you kill one enemy and another spawns right behind you and shoots you in the back (hence bo2's nickname "shot in the back oops")
  • Small close combat maps => SMG's overused
  • Audio of footsteps etc. totally unusable compared to previous cods (even with dead silence, awareness  and headphones)
  • Unbalanced wiimote vs aim assisted dual controls (although it comes with the territory when having different types of controllers

The ugly/annoying players

• Quick scoping
  • Target Finder (= training wheels / wonder bra)
  • Trolling (flashing own team mates with stun grenades, teamkilling, etc.)

However we should be happy to have cod on the wii/wiiu (with wiimote support) in the first place considering the decreasing sales numbers on wii/wiiu:

Source:

www.vgchartz.com

@ 5 oct 2013

total units sold

1 m = 1,000,000

wii cod32.19 m
wii waw1.87 m
wii mwr1.48 m
wii bo1.28 m
wii mw30.66 m
wiiu bo20.20 m

Currently online people on the wiiu cod: around 1000-2000 so between 1% and 2% of the total 200,000 units sold.

Number of alll platforms:

Source:

www.vgchartz.com

@ 5 oct 2013

total units sold

1 m = 1,000,000

xbox waw

ps3  waw

wii  waw

6.98m

5.04m

1.87m

xbox mw2

ps3  mw2

wii  mwr 

13.09m

10.21m

1.48m

xbox bo 

ps3  bo 

pc   bo  

wii  bo  

14.03m

12.04m

1.47m

1.28m

xbox mw3 

ps3  mw3 

pc   mw3  

wii  mw3  

15.03m

12.88m

1.58m

0.66m  

xbox bo2  

ps3  bo2  

pc   bo2

wiiu bo2

12.77m  

10.79m  

0.98m

0.20m

Based on these numbers one might even understand why full support and DLC is not present on the wii(u):

So Pauly et al: ORDER NOW and SUPPORT the WIIU TROOPS :-)

Regards,

OFC Giorgio

Level 1

it has its ups and its downs.

the lag sucks but if you can find a good connection lobby, the game plays sooo good.

the graphics are wonderful compared to any system besides the wii of course, lol.

there is a love / hate relationship with this game.

one can only hope that future CODs will be better, but the numbers dont lie...

Level 47

Studios