Switched from PS3 to Wii U version

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Switched from PS3 to Wii U version

... and it's been an interesting time, to say the least.

I paid $59.99 (cdn) for the PS3 version, and $59.99 for the Wii U version - same price, not the same game.

It seems that this was a quick port.  And that worked for awhile, and I think that most players were expecting the game to "catch up" gradually with the other versions found the other two big consoles.  Heck, I still hope that it will be the case.  After all the latest hoopla... I still prefer the Wii U version: better graphics, controls (IMHO) and community.

However... at 3000 (tops) players actively using the game in multiplayer mode, versus over 300,000+ on the PS3 (not even gonna guess for Xbox 360), this version will never be a high priority.  The numbers say it all.

While I'm sure that the people working on the Wii U version are dedicated to their tasks, their time to implement the fixes is probably limited.  And they probably don't have the ressources that they would like.

So­­... we 3000 players have to wait.  And hope for the best.  Hopefully, the fix will come out soon for the last issues and that will help.

Lastly... and I have to say this because I played it on the PS3:

Nuketown.

This would go a looooooong way with many frustrated players.  Just saying :-)

Level 1
13 REPLIES

Re: Switched from PS3 to Wii U version

in reply to s3kt0r001

yep, soon. Today actually. Look at the sticky.

Level 33
Highlighted

in reply to Padiego

Padiego wrote:

yep, soon. Today actually. Look at the sticky.

lmao!!

Level 13

in reply to s3kt0r001

devs are workign on wiiU versions. id guess the wiiU team grew some around when treyU showed up (treyU can you confirm?)

currently it looks like a copy paste from xbox version, with a team that lacks the manpower to greatly optimize for wiIU, copy and paste shows in things like peacekeeper glitch.

Level 22

in reply to T-boss

We don't hand code every change the other platforms make ourselves, that would be highly inefficient and would have the potential to cause balance/gameplay/glitch differences between the consoles that don't need to exist.

Our team works on Wii U specific issues.  We also bring over fixes/changes from the other platforms onto this one and test them for any newly introduced problems unique to the Wii U and fix those as they pop up.

in reply to A_Trey_U

This reminds me a lot of what it was like when I was a child. I was an Apple fan, 2e and Mac Performa and everyone was like "no way man windows 95 is the way to go" Now they are all Apple fan boys. Some day the WiiU will be like Apple and everyone will want one to play COD and avoid paying for Xbox live.

Level 4

in reply to TheMikeBO1

The Penny Arcade guys only play on the U.  That makes us happy.

in reply to A_Trey_U

Using the Wii Remote?

And how do you know this? Id like to read the interview or article or whatever. I love the idea that there might be some big figures in this industry that might put the word out there about how good this isSmiley Happy

Level 3

in reply to A_Trey_U

A_Trey_U whats the word on Wii U COD Ghost receiving DLC bonus content so the Nintendo gaming community can enjoy the same features as the other platforms?

Level 1

in reply to TheMikeBO1

Sorry brotha hate to tell you but Nintendo is already like Apple, it develops something that know one else is doing then everyone copies it and does well then Nintendo hangs back for a while and lets them take the thunder for a while, then they play catch up to what everyone else is doing but brings it out in a way thats unique to where people turn there eyes back to there attention and makes a big noise for a long time. Apple with its MacBooks, iPads, iPods, iPhones, iMacs, Apple T.V.'s etc etc. Nintendo with it's past platforms, exclusive games, handhelds, motion control gaming, and last but not least it's still family oriented platform as well as core gaming, etc, etc.    A_Trey_U please talk to your development buddies to release DLC and bonus content for COD Ghost on Wii U.

Level 1

Studios