Treyarch purposely NERFED TDM prior to release

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Treyarch purposely NERFED TDM prior to release

?t=1m47s

Look at this prerelease video, kills were worth 125 points in TDM/FFA before release. Treyarch LOWERED the points per kill on purpose to screw over TDM/FFA.  Plus if you do the math, alot of streaks are more or less equivalent to past games with 125 points per kill. -__-

They screwed TDM to try to push their MLG agenda....

Level 37
44 REPLIES

Re: Treyarch purposely NERFED TDM prior to release

in reply to nintendon_t

And rightly so! They need to get people away from TDM and trying other stuff. TDM is boring as hell, yet everyone plays it coz theyre non objective, scared of dying, or killwhoring green players who have no clue.

Level 8

in reply to nintendon_t

Yeah it sucks I understand people need to play different modes but there are times where i just like playing tdm. Sometimes i don't play objectives due to I'm not playing with a party. I don't want deal with SMG lobbies and people losing the game due to not playing the objective. TDM needs some readjustments for core and hardcore.

Level 8

in reply to nintendon_t

So I guess Treyarch did do one thing well from the beginning in encouraging players to play objective modes. Sadly they butchered the Wii Mote so badly at release......

Level 7

in reply to AsianSensation9

That's such a BS excuse. It's easy for you to say that being a 15 year old who had mommy and daddy buy the game for him....

I play COD for TDM. I put my hard earned money towards the game and paid the same amount as everyone else so I should be free to play any mode I want without having an inferior experience. I shouldn't have my favorite mode artificially crippled because objective players don't like that it's overplayed.

Level 37

in reply to nintendon_t

^^^ yup ^^^  having to get a bloodthirsty just for a uav is retarted.

Level 6

in reply to nintendon_t

Its not objective players who feel its overplayed - its the devs. Seriously 90% of players play TDM and they tried to get that to change, you cant blame them for trying to go against churning out the same old same old. They stick game modes in and no one plays them.

The fact is, you get the less serious players who play TDM in the main, players who just play for fun, like 9yr olds who dont know anything else, and 59 yr old guys, who just want 1 kill a game. There`s no parties in TDM ,coz its boring as hell. It also takes forever to level up. Im not hating on TDM ,but the guys who play it who are good players, have their own reasons.

I play dom and other obj games coz its exciting and thats what gaming is about for me, each to their own, but I think the devs did right to try to fix it. I get where you serious TDM guys are coming from, but you stomp enough without adding to killstreaks to beating up on noobs

Level 8

in reply to nintendon_t

Hmmm, I guess we can't keep things civil while discussing? And I too had to pay my hard earned money so I hope you will not jump to any conclusions! And in case you don't remember, I called for TDM score increases, and I hate that the UAV is five kills. I honestly am very annoyed at this too and I hope it gets fixed ASAP. What I'm saying is that I'm glad that Treyarch is encouraging objective players. I hope we will have a civil and beneficial discussion about this but if you don't want that I am willing to discuss this with others.

Level 7

in reply to AsianSensation9

I apologize I just get irritated when people say play another mode. I have no problem with Treyarch trying to encourage more objective play but beating TDM into the ground is a bad solution...

Level 37

in reply to nintendon_t

It may be a bad solution but what else can they try? Maybe double XP all other modes? We know its possible!

SND is a GREAT mode, but the XP blows so no one plays it - id love for the next double XP weekend wiiu special to be SND.

Level 8

Studios