WTF has happened with the aim assist on wiimote? Its crazy sickly nasty dirty horrible

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

WTF has happened with the aim assist on wiimote? Its crazy sickly nasty dirty horrible

I keep chaninging aim assist off and on when im trying out my many different tweaks to get the best feel for myself - ANYWAY, today I was playing, it was all good, just levelling up the vector, mainly ads`ing, but quickly as there all small cqb`s. Then I read about the AR buff so thought id try a few out. OMFG - you ADS and the reticle just takes over from where you want to look, and keeps searching for enemies, like a sniffer dog, now that may seem helpful to some, but not me, it makes me feel sick. And you run into multiple enemies your screwed coz whoever your aiming at, it drags it away and tries to lock on to other people.

Worryingly, ive turned it off and it still does it! I feel sea sick

I guess its back to the smgs

Level 14
40 REPLIES

Re: WTF has happened with the aim assist on wiimote? Its crazy sickly nasty dirty horrible

in reply to onlyUSEmeMARIO

it works perfectly for me. The ads just slows down near an enemy for stability and i like that. Now people with parkinsons can play with the wiimote too!

Level 33

Re: WTF has happened with the aim assist on wiimote? Its crazy sickly nasty dirty horrible

in reply to Padiego

This is how I've been feeling about the new aim assist. Many people are complaining, maybe I haven't played enough to notice all the flaws yet.

Level 10

I never used Aim Assist on the Wiimote (on any COD) - can't stand the thing. I played last night, but was too involved in the gameplay to remember to pay attention to pre-patch/post-patch critiques. Doh!

It felt like the ADS thing where you sprint/turn/ADS/camera lock was better though. SMGs and Pistols still need a nerf in my opinion. More recoil, less range, less damage per bullet. Just me, though.

Level 23

in reply to M4GNUM

M4GNUM wrote:

and Pistols still need a nerf in my opinion

The main reason I use a pistol when running is because of all the recoil in everything else with the wiimote. I think they should be left alone. Just me though

Level 13

in reply to pauly02

My only gripe has to do with range...like 40 yards and further. Okay, I also think they are too OP with one shot/one burst kills...but that's secondary to my range gripe. Pistols should be a secondary CQ weapon...not shoot across the map and beat an AR that shoots first, kind of gun. That said, I completely understand people counteracting inefficiencies/glitches in the game by using certain guns. So the problem is broader than just nerfing pistols.

Level 23

in reply to M4GNUM

Never mind. That ADS camera lock is still bad - no change, still there. More noticeable if you don't have any attachments. For some reason ACOG doesn't react as badly? Or maybe it's gun-specific? Don't notice it much on Type 25 ACOG, but notice it on Type 25 No Attachments. Also noticed it more on the SWAT and M8A1. Odd.

Level 23

aim assists ruins the Wii-mote experience...I figured out this in previous COD games on the Wii.

It's so unnatural....it ruins the flow of your natural aiming motion.

Level 11

The logic they employed is...interesting. Essentially, there were 2 options available to them to solve the DA aim assist problem:

1. Nerf/remove DA aim assist

2. Increase Wiimote aim assist

I find it interesting that they went with choice #2. I welcome the new ADS aim assist, but I do not like the new hipfire tug. It interferes with turning fluidity too much. It should be, at the very least, an option. If you're reading this A_TREY_U, just know that we appreciate the effort you're putting into improving the Wiimote in this game, but please don't force these new features on us and instead give us options so we can tweak it the way we like it. Cheers.

Level 5

in reply to Pwnsweet

Is this the Pwnsweet from Youtube? Anyways, I have never noticed aim assist on DA! What does it look like? I hear Wiimote users whining about it all the time in post-game lobbies. I use Pro controller if anybody was wondering.

Level 1

Studios