What are the plans for the wii remote? I say make it like Ghosts.

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Re: What are the plans for the wii remote? I say make it like Ghosts.

in reply to like2nap03

Try not to get your hopes up, Nap.

I really doubt that we're going to be hearing from A_Trey_U.  He's probably reassigned back to the main team or assigned the task of porting the code for other platforms.

They kept trying and it looks like they finally succeeded in killing all demand for CoD on a Nintendo platform.  Don't worry, though...an Activision CEO has said "you can't count Nintendo out" (of course, not referring to counting Nintendo out on all the little perks, trimmings and now, finally, the entire series).  You know, the typical damage control, PR bull.

Ironic that he says this after the internet lost its mind after the MK8 DLC "leak".  I want to say "take note, Activision", but....yeah.  No longer care since they won't be ripping me off

Bricks shall be shat if A_Trey_U ever does make an appearance here again.  I would really like for him to come back, no lie there.  What games we did get need multiple fixes so that they are in a better state since they are all we have.  That last surprise update was greatly appreciated...but I would have preferred to have not had the additional problems that we are now not going to get fixes for   Pretty big problems too, since most of them directly affect a control option that made CoD Wii U unique...

We didn't even get graced with patch notes this time, either.

At any rate...for what little time we actually got to enjoy the modest support, thanks A_Trey_U.

Level 10

in reply to like2nap03

like2nap03 wrote:

Any updates A_Trey_U?

Your best bet for a reply is twitter, though I doubt he'll respond on there either, but that's where he posts about updates etc..

Level 21

in reply to like2nap03

If Advanced Warfare is not coming to the wiiu the wiimote people can retire from their cod carreer.

There's hope and light at the end of the tunnel (might be a incoming train as well )

see Re: Wiimote support for PC

and PC should be read as PS3/XBOX/PC

Level 6

in reply to OFC-Giorgio_1967

OFC-Giorgio wrote:

If Advanced Warfare is not coming to the wiiu the wiimote people can retire from their cod carreer.

Yep I think this will be me, I really don't fancy the idea of pointing a wiimote at a tiny computer screen when I have a huge plasma tv. It just feels like a giant step backwards, when in this day and age we should be moving forward.

Level 21

in reply to WiimotesRus02

Computer with HDMI out going to TV.  BAM!

Level 33

You know I've seen people using a wii remote on PC, but how do they calibrate that thing?  I mean how can you get all the settings like we have in Ghosts?  I currently don't know how that is possible.  Which I guess is why you're bringing up a kickstarter.  I don't know though.  I haven't read all that.  Been on vacation for like 11 days.

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

It's not a kickstarter. A company already made a product: controllermax (see controllermax website) which acts like an adapter between many types of controllers (wiimote+nunchuck, wiiu pro controller, xbox and ps controllers) and an xbox, ps3  and pc.

Last weekend I got a controllermax with a ps3 and managed to play ps3 cod ghosts with the wiimote and nunchuck. So far so good.

I am in the process of altering the script to remap the keys (to bravo settings) and adjusting the deadzone settings etc. and will report my findings in the bo2 and ghost forums (as well as the ofc site and miiverse).

So there's still hope for the wiimoters

Level 6

in reply to like2nap03

Cool.  Let us know what you find out.  That would be awesome.  I would much prefer COD on Wii U, but if I can't have it that's an alternative....except I need to buy a gaming PC.  Small hiccup there.

Level 33

in reply to like2nap03

Instead of a pc you could also get a ps3 or xbox360 (ps4 and xbox one support is almost there too).

My test experience with wiimote and cod waw on a pc learned that the keyboard+mouse users are very accurate and faster than me and the wiimote but that is partial a 40+ thing

Level 6

Old man reflexes.  They'll haunt me one day. 

Level 33

Studios