Why to get Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 for the Wii U

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Why to get Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 for the Wii U

Controls

Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 on the Wii U supports three different control types.

• Wii U GamePad: Cointains all traditional controller buttons plus a touchscreen for on the fly inventory changes.
  • Wii U Pro Controller: A more traditional controller for those more fimiliar with the controllers of the Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and the Classic Controller and Classic Controller Pro accessories.
  • Wii Remote + Nunchuck Accessory: This combination allows for more precise aim and gets players more invloved with the action.

Gameplay

When using the Wii U GamePad, players have the ability to bring the whole game onto the Wii U GamePad using its embedded screen. You can also have one player use the TV while the other uses the Wii U GamePad for viewing on split-screen multiplayer/Zombies.

Graphics

The Wii U version of Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 has the best graphics out of the consoles while remaining at a silky smooth 60 frames per second (given the fact its a newer console and has the most power) rendered in 1080p.

Pretty sure there's more, but not all details have been confirmed at this time. More will be added soon.

Level 1
38 REPLIES

Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops II is best on the Wii U

in reply to NintendoCoD

Yep, CoD on the Wii U will be a pretty sweet experience

Level 26

Re: Why to get Call of Duty: Black Ops 2 for the Wii U

in reply to NintendoCoD

NintendoCoD wrote:

Graphics

And of course, what would there be without the typical graphics arguement? The Wii U version supports full HD (1080p) at a smooth 60 frames per second. That's right. The Wii U version of the game has the best graphics out of the three versions (Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3). Want to brag and say yours has the better graphics? Get it for the Wii U!

This is going to be one truely awesome experience if done right! Thanks Activision and Treyarch!

It has not been 100% confirmed that the Wii U version will run at 1080p. Yes Eric Hirshberg said it would be in full HD, (1080p) however there is a chance that he simply used that term without thinking about it too much seeing as many developers did the same with the PS3 and 360 around their launch and yet there are so little 1080p games on PS3 and 360 that you can basically count them on your fingers.

Everything so far has suggested that 2D games on Wii U (NSMBU, Rayman Legends, Toki Tori 2) will be 1080p while 3D games will be 720p. However there is a small chance that Wii U will be cable of doing BO2 in 1080p 60fps seeing as the actual graphics of CoD (textures detail) aren't anything special.

So in summary, assuming BO2 on Wii U is 1080p, it will only look slightly cleaner and sharper than the other console version, it won't be a big difference.

Level 9

in reply to wajackbauer

I'm pretty sure that Black Ops 2 will run at a full 1080p on the Wii U, but upscaled because I don't think the game was made with it in mind.

Level 1

in reply to NintendoCoD

NintendoCoD wrote:

I'm pretty sure that Black Ops 2 will run at a full 1080p on the Wii U, but upscaled because I don't think the game was made with it in mind.

Going by that logic, an N64 game runs at full 1080p, because if you have a 1080p TV it will upscale all content to 1080p. I think what you're trying to say is that you think the console will upscale (which is better than your TV doing it).

To my knowledge, the Xbox360 upscales all games to 1080p but the PS3 doesn't.

Level 9

in reply to wajackbauer

Both the Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 upscale games to 1080p, but the PlayStation 3 actually supports native 1080p for some of its titles. The Wii U is said to be a native 1080p console which is why Nintendo has decided to ship it with a high-speed HDMI cable from the get-go. However, most launch titles seem to be running in 720p so, like you've cleared up, the console will most likely upscale the game to 1080p.

Level 1

in reply to NintendoCoD

I have to admit, making the switch from the Wii to XBox was great.  I never thought I cared about graphics but I must admit (and I hate to admit this), I have turned into a graphics snob.   Only because I do find it easier to see enemies on the maps.  While there are more details on the Xbox (bushes, grass, etc...), it's just easier for me to see the players on my TV with HD. 

I gotta tell ya, I was shocked on resistance in the basement of the room in the center of the map and how sharp and clear it was compared to the dark dungeon it resembled on the Wii. 

But Motion controls IS the reason I will upgrade to the Wii U. 

Level 9

in reply to wajackbauer

Are you our new wii admin?

Level 30

in reply to infinitlag

...There's supposed to be a new Nintendo Admin?

Level 1

in reply to infinitlag

You really believe anything, do you infinitlag?

Admins have that special medal. Back in the BO forums, everyone doubted wether wii_admin was real or not, because she lacked the special admin title/medal thing. Eventually, she did get it.

Pretty sure Wii Admin will come back....sooner or later. For now, we have foxhound.

Level 33

Studios