Wii/wiiu sales numbers that should make us happy with cod on wiiu in the first place

Call of Duty Black Ops II Wii-U

Wii/wiiu sales numbers that should make us happy with cod on wiiu in the first place

We should be happy to have cod on the wii/wiiu (with wiimote support) in the first place considering the decreasing sales numbers on wii/wiiu:

Source:

www.vgchartz.com

@ 5 oct 2013

total units sold

1 m = 1,000,000

wii cod32.19 m
wii waw1.87 m
wii mwr1.48 m
wii bo1.28 m
wii mw30.66 m
wiiu bo20.20 m

Currently online people on the wiiu cod: around 1000-2000 so between 0.5% and 1% of the total 200,000 units sold.

Numbers of all cods & platforms:

Source:

www.vgchartz.com

@ 5 oct 2013

total units sold

1 m = 1,000,000

xbox waw

ps3  waw

wii  waw

6.98m

5.04m

1.87m

xbox mw2

ps3  mw2

wii  mwr

13.09m

10.21m

1.48m

xbox bo

ps3  bo

pc   bo

wii  bo

14.03m

12.04m

1.47m

1.28m

xbox mw3

ps3  mw3

pc   mw3

wii  mw3

15.03m

12.88m

1.58m

0.66m

xbox bo2

ps3  bo2

pc   bo2

wiiu bo2

12.77m

10.79m

0.98m

0.20m

Based on these numbers one might even understand why full support and DLC is not present on the wii(u):

So ORDER COD GHOSTS NOW and SUPPORT the WIIU TROOPS :-)

Regards,

OFC Giorgio

Level 6
15 REPLIES

Re: Wii/wiiu sales numbers that should make us happy with cod on wiiu in the first place

in reply to OFC-Giorgio_1967

you know when you posted this in the other bo2 thoughts thread, i was thinking that this info alone needed to be seen by itself.

good diggin.

and btw, its damn nice to see some OFC guys posting still.

not too many W@W clans still gunning anymore.

Level 47
Highlighted

Re: Wii/wiiu sales numbers that should make us happy with cod on wiiu in the first place

in reply to Elite King

There's still a small group of hardcore guys and dolls of OFC that are still alive and kicking on the wiiu.

The happy few are linked to the wiimote and we almost had to end our cod carreers/life when activision planned to stop cod on the wiiu.

Level 6

in reply to Elite King

EliteKing wrote:

and btw, its damn nice to see some OFC guys posting still.

Ahem! I'm still here

Hey Giorgio, I managed to sign in to the forum by tricking it, I clicked on the "buy" link, lol that did the trick

Level 21

Likewise, i agree with EliteKing; however, i would like to make note that it would be a good idea to also note sales of Modern Warfare for the other platforms too and not just the Reflex edition for Wii. In doing so, you can also show, and potentially graph, the sales of CoD in comparison to year-by-year sales, and also by platform comparisons, including rise of sales and loss of sales. Potentially Call of Duty 1, 2, and 3 sales could also be included in on this for a deeper analysis. Just a suggestion though. It would be interesting to see everything compared and graphed accordingly.

Level 12

in reply to barolb

See the www.vgchartz.com website.

Level 6

I know about vgchartz. Infact, i've used it for many years at this point. I forget if i posted it or not, but i made note of something similar on the Ghosts Wii U board, but not in graph or list/column form. I even went the extra mile to calculate sales increases by platform in percent form X_X

The readiness of people to go through all that research and whatnot is apparent: Nobody really does it, which is why i suggested to also bring in those bits of data for those who would want to see a bit more analyzing of sales comparison and data; especially since the average person wouldn't go to such lengths to gather info and data themselves.

I've already done the research on it, and seen it, so i personally don't need to look it up all over again. I wasted too much time doing extra calculations on it, even if i didn't post it that would mean i wasted even more time.

Level 12

Re: Re: Wii/wiiu sales numbers that should make us happy with cod on wiiu in the first place

in reply to barolb
wii/wiiuxbox
ps3

cod32.19
waw1.87-15%waw6.98waw5.04
mwr1.48-21%mw213.09+88%mw210.21+103%
bo1.28-14%bo14.03+7%bo12.04+18%
mw30.66-48%mw315.03+7%mw312.88+7%
bo20.20-70%bo212.77-15%bo210.79-16%

Ok here's my extra mile :-)

Level 6

I'll prolly upset 200k people by saying that. I own a wii years back and never felt like playing any shooters on it exept Metroid Other M (if that's considered a shooter lol). It goes from 1.87m to 0.2m, this says it all, but then again i'll put my 2cents in here. Is it just me or arcane-shooters don't belong on a wii? I'll buy the wii-u if they actually made a new zelda and not a remake, but really a shooter-game? Well see if there is actually 200k people on Ghost, seeing how it goes, everyone either ditched it, or more to xbox-ps3.

Just my thoughts

Level 4

Re: Re: Wii/wiiu sales numbers that should make us happy with cod on wiiu in the first place

in reply to ZombiesFan1

Initially I only played the great wii sports/tennis game for a few weeks and after the novelty wore out  the wii was collecting dust for months/years until by accident I ran into world at war's multiplayer mode.

For me (and most OFC peeps) the magic little wii box with its lovely intuitive wiimotes has been just/only the

call of duty box

(with world at war, modern warfare reflex, black ops and modern warfare 3).

Except for the hackers the gameplay has been great fun despite the low end graphics and player/killstreak/map/options limit.

The wiiu is now (for 95%) the new cod box (although I did purchase the great Lego city game as well as Assassin's Creed and I also like the wiiverse, internetbrowser and netflix on the wiiu).

I still hold the hope that ghosts will sell better than bo2 since:

• people already purchased the wiiu console so buying the new cod ghosts game is much cheaper than buying the console + a game
  • more people purchased the wiiu console in the last 6 months (and after the release and hype of bo2)
  • the release date for bo2 for wiiu was later than the release date of xbox/ps3 (i.e. that was an extra incentive to get the xbox/ps3 version) and for ghosts they are the same

So for me the wiiu is the latest shooter/cod box with wiimote support and hope for more cod games to come.

But then again I am not part of the COD targeted market/audience (not a teenager, not a dual analog user but wiimote user, hardcore game mode and less arcadish) and I can agree with you to some extent that games like mario, zelda, etc. are more kid friendly (12-)  wiiu material than shooters for "adults" 16+ (or 40+ ).

Level 6

Studios